Anet Should Really Have a Negativity Forum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zabriel.4852

zabriel.4852

Yes, they should because seriously some players are just trashing the game on the forums. I remember before the game came out, people were screaming for this game to come out. They were angry that anet did not give a release date. And now that the game has come out, people continue to rage on the forums about bugs/New content/End game/etc. Guys, Anet knows this stuff. And its really unfair for anet that this game is a subscription free based game at the risk of the company for the benefit of the players and people are still complaining. I wont lie, this game has bugs, and many problems, but thats no need to trash such a great game. Its so annoying that people talk about leaving the game cause they feel its broken or bugged or whatever.

Remember when there was a serious bot problem in the game? Anet did solve this problem. The ratio of negative posts to positive posts are like 100 to 20. And don’t get me wrong. Constructive Criticism is upon. Thats the whole reason why there is a suggestion forum. Theres a difference between Constructive Criticism and a out raged player trashing the game.

I dont care what anyone says, Anet doesn’t need the negativity. They just need time to fix any major issues with the game. Can we please be mature show these people some respect?

PS. If you really don’t wanna play the game. Theres a simple option. Don’t play.

Zabriel Dusk

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

People loved the game they paid for and beta tested, that game no longer exists.

I am sure you complain when someone messes up your order, or gives you the wrong pizza. This is no different, you want what you paid for, nothing else.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

This should be in the suggestions forum :p
But yes, I understand, I’m tired of wading through the complaining posts, most of them being repetitive.

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

People loved the game they paid for and beta tested, that game no longer exists.

I am sure you complain when someone messes up your order, or gives you the wrong pizza. This is no different, you want what you paid for, nothing else.

This. Anet is a business and this is their product. Stop acting like Guild Wars 2 is a treat, we all paid for it and we all deserve to have our say.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

This. Guild Wars 2, the game that existed before November 15th, is not the same as GW2, the game that came after November 15th. That’s why people are mad.

As for the lack of subscription and it being a “risk” to themselves… I would be exceptionally surprised if they could have come even remotely close to the income they’ve gotten from their cash shop by using a subscription based system. Some of the folks on here have put ridiculous amounts of money into that, and continue to do so just to convert gems → gold.

Nappychappy.7046

This. Guild Wars 2, the game that existed before November 15th, is not the same as GW2, the game that came after November 15th. That’s why people are mad.

As for the lack of subscription and it being a “risk” to themselves… I would be exceptionally surprised if they could have come even remotely close to the income they’ve gotten from their cash shop by using a subscription based system. Some of the folks on here have put ridiculous amounts of money into that, and continue to do so just to convert gems -> gold.

I said the game, not the title.

Tolmos.8395

As for the lack of subscription and it being a “risk” to themselves… I would be exceptionally surprised if they could have come even remotely close to the income they’ve gotten from their cash shop by using a subscription based system. Some of the folks on here have put ridiculous amounts of money into that, and continue to do so just to convert gems -> gold.

lol the game didn’t actually change titles. I was just using that as a …

oh nvm. lol I was just agreeing with you, though I seem to have done a poor job of it.

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

This. Anet is a business and this is their product. Stop acting like Guild Wars 2 is a treat, we all paid for it and we all deserve to have our say.

That’s why many people are complaining. They are having their say.

Nappychappy.7046

lol the game didn’t actually change titles. I was just using that as a …

oh nvm. lol I was just agreeing with you, though I seem to have done a poor job of it.

Don’t mind me, I’m tired…

I wish they would have just reset the value for drops back to launch settings, especially after that huge thread about nerf’d drops… At the very least look into, rather than having us come up with some “concrete proof”.

@ Jay.3284

ooookay……?

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

There was a REALLY bad one earlier, but it’s all ghosted now, nowhere to be found. Not even a note that the thread I had commented in was deleted.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Can we please be mature show these people some respect?

Boy, did you come to the wrong internet.

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

1.People were angry about the lack of a release date because they already spent money and they were still given the “It’s ready when it’s ready” bit.

2. People complained about bugs because problems that shouldn’t have survived beta were popping up left right and center and it got worse in the higher level zones, even after “It’s ready when it’s ready.” And I’m leaving the Lost Shores debacle alone.

3. " Its so annoying that people talk about leaving the game cause they feel its broken or bugged or whatever"

Read that back to yourself.

4. The bot problem isn’t solved, they’re using a different strategy now, one that wouldn’t be possible if a certain exploit was fixed (if it can be).

I see few instances of people “trashing” the game, I mostly see people who are annoyed and they’re not coming to the forums with their hat in their hand, apologizing for daring to have an opinion, it’s not an issue of respect, they’re are paying customers and they’re annoyed enough to write up a post.

Anet should take comfort in the fact that people care enough about their product to post AT ALL. In today’s gaming market, players can easily be indifferent and that’s much worse than “negativity”.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I think I should start a “Hyperbole Wall” where I collect statements like:
- “GW2 is such a grind”
- “Worst purchase I ever made in my life.”
- “Played for 500 hours and thinking of quitting ALREADY!”

I played the beta. I bought the game on launch day. Loved it then, still love it now. Pretty sure it’s the same game, unless somebody hacked my computer and swapped the files with Maple Story.

Sorry you don’t like the work ANet has been doing lately, but obviously it’s still good enough to keep playing, or none of us would be here.

Posted by: Ryltair.2857

Ryltair.2857

The problem is that people are too entitled in this day and age. They pay 60 dollars/euros and think that grants them the right to order ArenaNet around. It doesn’t. You paid 60 moneys for a product which allows you to use it.
Anger would only be justified if they would remove your ability to use the product (take the servers down).

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

first to start off i just started lurking these forums again about a week or less ago..getting bored at home sick and hitting up several game forums.

i quit around october, then came back for the fractals and new spvp map which was a lot of fun…but after realizing the population didnt really come back (guilds of 200 members dissapeared before october for example…maybe 3 people i knew were online also to try out the changes?). I realized that neat features isnt enough to bring people back cause a lot of core problems still exist OR many people just went ahead and wrote off the game.

You’ll have some people who are complaining just to complain about something, and you’ll have people giving real feedback. In the end, general chat in ANY game forum will always be what this is. A ton of people speaking their mind about whatever is upsetting them or makign them happy in the game mixed with a lot of offtopic posts.

Difference here, is arenanet has moderators who shift the offtopic posts to somewhere else…so you mostly just get the angry feedback here.

Oh and incase anyones wondering, i quit for 2 reasons. A) like i said above all my friends and everyone i knew quit long ago and spvp balance, bug fixes, and general features that were brought to attention as early as the first beta still havent been addressed.

though, not angry…i was a very fun singleplayer/co op experience. Story was a bit dry, but the events and dungeons were a lot of fun. Just playing other games i find funner now.

Tolmos.8395

- “but obviously it’s still good enough to keep playing, or none of us would be here.”

Fixed that for you.

Nappychappy.7046

- “GW2 is such a grind”
- “Worst purchase I ever made in my life.”
- “Played for 500 hours and thinking of quitting ALREADY!”

I played the beta. I bought the game on launch day. Loved it then, still love it now. Pretty sure it’s the same game, unless somebody hacked my computer and swapped the files with Maple Story.

Sorry you don’t like the work ANet has been doing lately, but obviously it’s still good enough to keep playing, or none of us would be here.

Or perhaps you’re a fanboy, how about the tip of an ice burg?

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”
– Colin Johanson

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

What did before november 15th gw2 have that this guild wars 2 doesnt have? Sorry got this game on christmas so idk what the difference would be.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

This^ and a mix of over hype and Anets promises they made in all their videos including the manifesto..that didnt exactly work out that way..

Then…the worst and biggest letdown…sPVP

We all payed for the game…we payed for game that made huge promises and they didnt exactly deliver on all those promises..

Tolmos.8395

What did before november 15th gw2 have that this guild wars 2 doesnt have? Sorry got this game on christmas so idk what the difference would be.

Before Nov 15th no one knew of the plans to add Ascended gear into the game, and fractals didn’t exist. The game was all about open world play. Many players had achieved the best in slot gear (Exotics) and were working on getting varied sets of them since they would always be the best in slot, so they could change as needed.

Gameplay was focused on doing whatever you wanted without any pressure of needing to get newer, better gear and knowing that you could take as long as you want because, like Guild Wars 1, you would always be viable for content. Rushing was not required.

November 15th patch suddenly dropped a bombshell on all of that with “Oh btw guys here’s a new tier of gear that you’ve never heard of or knew was coming. We had been planning this all along, but decided against warning you.” After Nov 15th the mindset of the game and its players changed.

The forums degraded from everyone talking about how awesome the game is and how much they love it into screaming matches and constant QQ (which hasn’t let up yet, but is getting less so as folks start to shimmy off to other games), in game involved everyone huddled into Lions Arch (compared to before, when even open world zones would go into overflow- now just LA) screaming “LFG LFG LFG” for fractals, gameplay focus began to shift from “Do whatever because whether you take 6 months or 6 years, it’s all the same” to “GET NEW GEAR NAO”, and because fractals have such amazing rewards compared to everywhere else, folks slowly started vanishing from other zones.

The difference between pre-Nov 15th and post-Nov 15th is absolutely amazing. They are like completely different games. Just shuffle back a few dozen pages on forums to pre-Nov 15th and read up on folks thoughts on the game. There was some QQ: “I powerleveled, rushed through everything and now I’m bored” was the second biggest complaint only to “Rock is OP but paper is balanced”, though the number of those compared to the number of optimistic posts and “We told everyone this game would rock” was completely unbalanced. But just start reading random threads from mid october and then compare to now.

THAT is the difference.

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

ANet should do something about the state of the game… how about that?

Don’t worry. Soon everybody will be at the acceptance stage of grief for Guild Wars 2 dying, and they’ll stop caring enough to even complain about it. They’ll go away and the last few of you can make cute forum posts about the stuff you do to keep the fun times rolling in game.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I just wish people who no longer play will stop posting on the forums since their posts are often unreasonable, out of place and disrespecting of anyone who does like the game , including new players.
Constructive criticism is a good thing, it gives suggestions on how to improve things, throwing your toys out of the cot is not.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

I feel that negativity is still needed in forum.
Without negativity, there won’t be much improvements.
This was based on personal experiences with mmorpg forums.

It’s better to have players who voices out their negativity instead of making them muted. Those can be valuable feedbacks towards the game. If there’s no players who voices out negativity, that’s a sign that the game is dying. It’s because those players no longer care about the game anymore. [Have negative posts > no posts at all]. But yes, if players want to voice out their negative opinions, it’s better to keep it constructive.

Players shouldn’t worry too much about negative opinions. Players who doesn’t agree to another shouldn’t feel affected because it’s only matter of different voices.

Tolmos.8395

Constructive criticism is a good thing, it gives suggestions on how to improve things, throwing your toys out of the cot is not.

Unfortunately, most fanbois/fangirls are unable to tell the difference. Someone criticizes the game they love and suddenly they see red, screaming and flailing with a tantrum that most small children would blush at.

ANY kind of criticism on these forums usually gets brushed aside as “baseless complaining for the sake of complaining”.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

What makes me laugh the most about this Ascended stuff is that players are complaining about it’s implementation, yet majority run the dungeon (Fractals of the Mist, a.k.a. FotM) to get it.

This is such an oxymoron.

People are annoyed at it and IMO this has inadvertently caused other problems (DR, RNG, etc.). Many players are frustrated and the longer this goes on the worse ANet image will become.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

MMORPGs are like photography.

They develop through the negatives.

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

Unfortunately, most fanbois/fangirls are unable to tell the difference. Someone criticizes the game they love and suddenly they see red, screaming and flailing with a tantrum that most small children would blush at.

ANY kind of criticism on these forums usually gets brushed aside as “baseless complaining for the sake of complaining”.

on the flip side tho, most “complaint” threads are just “this game sux” without really going into why. and most people on the internet seem to have a hard time accepting criticism of your POV, often coming back with “you’re just a hater/fanboy, and haters/fan-boys think X” note that this applies to both sides of the argument..

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

What makes me laugh the most about this Ascended stuff is that players are complaining about it’s implementation, yet majority run the dungeon (Fractals of the Mist, a.k.a. FotM) to get it.

Yeah I think people decided to just get on the treadmill now rather than later so they’ll at least be cutting edge when the rest of the tier rolls out. Personally, I didn’t buy this game to repeatedly run dungeons for gear, especially with all the hype of being non-traditional. Right now I’ve been doing what’s left of the fun distractions but I get tired of having to be strict with my penny pinching and other annoyances cause me to end up logging out. I’m hesitant to start in on any long term goals, I’m trusting my gut on this one. I’ll wait and see.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Unfortunately, most fanbois/fangirls are unable to tell the difference

And most haters pretend there is no difference. All MMOs have a large amount of people who spend more time hoping a game will fail and trying to use slander as much as possible, instead of actually providing constructive feedback. That’s of course not good for the game, nor is it meant to be good for a game. I only wonder how empty could a person’s life be to waste time with sych behavior, but it’s a reality and it’s a common reality here.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Tolmos.8395

And most haters pretend there is no difference. All MMOs have a large amount of people who spend more time hoping a game will fail and trying to use slander as much as possible, instead of actually providing constructive feedback. That’s of course not good for the game, nor is it meant to be good for a game. I only wonder how empty could a person’s life be to waste time with sych behavior, but it’s a reality and it’s a common reality here.

Just as much that it is a reality that some people are so desperate for a pat on the back that they spend most of their day brown nosing a company that might even notice them. “Oh the game is fine as it is!” and any criticism is “the vocal minority complaining”. There are no brownie points to receive, and yet for some reason they desperately try to get as many as possible.

To me, those people are just as harmful as the ones who spend all their time complaining. They are giving positive reinforcement to destructive decisions that harm the game, simply because they want to be the “teachers pet”, as it were, instead of standing up and saying “You are risking losing this game’s population by going down this road. You should reconsider this!”. Maybe they weren’t loved enough as a kid or maybe they are hoping for some special in game treat, but either way it does no one any good. :-\

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

There is no need for a negativity forum. For one, this is one of the more tame communities I have seen in a while. Also, outright negativitiy should not be supported in any way. Constructive criticism is valued – it’s just that the opinions many people share lack the constructive part, even if they believe it does not.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Erasculio.2914

Just as much that it is a reality that some people are so desperate for a pat on the back that they spend most of their day brown nosing a company that might even notice them

And yet there are far more haters than fanboys – it appears people are more willing to waste their lives with pointless and empty whining than with pointless and empty praise – as described in the OP here. If anything, fanboys are actually better than haters – while the former are based on positive feelings about the product they spend their time defending, haters waste their time with something they despise. That is something which requires a very large emptiness in someone’s life.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Morrigan.2809

Just as much that it is a reality that some people are so desperate for a pat on the back that they spend most of their day brown nosing a company that might even notice them. “Oh the game is fine as it is!” and any criticism is “the vocal minority complaining”. There are no brownie points to receive, and yet for some reason they desperately try to get as many as possible.

To me, those people are just as harmful as the ones who spend all their time complaining. They are giving positive reinforcement to destructive decisions that harm the game, simply because they want to be the “teachers pet”, as it were, instead of standing up and saying “You are risking losing this game’s population by going down this road. You should reconsider this!”. Maybe they weren’t loved enough as a kid or maybe they are hoping for some special in game treat, but either way it does no one any good. :-\

I think you are assuming too much here- just as people are allowed to give criticism as long as it is constructive, others are also allowed to like the game and say so.
There is no reason to assume there is something wrong with you if you enjoy the game, people have different tastes after all.

If is also necessary for people who do like things to say so, otherwise you have a one -sided view and decisions get made about the game that could have been avoided if both sides where able to state their case with out harassment.

Gunnar’s Hold

Erasculio.2914

If is also necessary for people who do like things to say so, otherwise you have a one -sided view and decisions get made about the game that could have been avoided if both sides where able to state their case with out harassment.

A great example of this is Ascended gear.

Before the November 15th update, we had two very vocal groups here:

• The vocal minority of grinders whining that they didn’t have anything to grind, that all MMOs are grind-based and that a real MMO has vertical progression.
  • The vocal minority of haters claiming that everything in the game is rotten, and using the lack of vertical progression as an example of that.

People happy with the game were just playing the game instead of posting in the forum. However, ArenaNet then listened to the vocal minority, and rushed to rather poorly implement a new kind of vertical progression in the game, beginning the entire Ascended fiasco.

Tolmos, do you like the Ascended gear? Because that’s the kind of thing you get when the only thing running rampant in the community are whiners and haters. ArenaNet has proved again and again that they don’t understand the concept of “vocal minority” to be able to disregard the part of the community they should ignore, unless it’s made crystal clear to them.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

This is such an oxymoron.

People are annoyed at it and IMO this has inadvertently caused other problems (DR, RNG, etc.). Many players are frustrated and the longer this goes on the worse ANet image will become.

Imo people are not leaving because of fractals. Most MMOers like getting stuff with better stats & looks. People stop because it all becomes boring for different reasons.

In general, Anet is a big company who can handle themselves. All MMOs have complains on their forum. It is often the only way to get problems across. The moderators are also taking out the complainers because of complaining. This forums moderators work the fastest I have ever seen.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I really, REALLY hate the terms fanboy/girl and hater (or “white knight” – another one of them forum gems). Why? Because people get called fanboys or haters when they don’t agree with the OP about one issue. Topics rarely discuss the game entirely – they’re highlights of the specific area the OP wants to talk about (for example server population).
When I say that my server for me is decently populated and PvE is not dead to me, does not make me a fangirl. I can still be critical or even negative about ascended gear and bugs – but the OP who just called me a fangirl would not know that, because he has not bothered to look beyond my one post about one subject.
It is entirely possible to love one aspect of the game and hate another – that does not make one a fanboy or hater.

Really, the term is thrown around way to much as an excuse to ignore and belittle someone with a different opinion.

Sure, there are few people here who by judging their post history fall into one of those categories, but my experience is that most people who get the terms thrown at them don’t.

Tolmos.8395

A great example of this is Ascended gear.

Before the November 15th update, we had two very vocal groups here:

• The vocal minority of grinders whining that they didn’t have anything to grind, that all MMOs are grind-based and that a real MMO has vertical progression.
  • The vocal minority of haters claiming that everything in the game is rotten, and using the lack of vertical progression as an example of that.

People happy with the game were just playing the game instead of posting in the forum. However, ArenaNet then listened to the vocal minority, and rushed to rather poorly implement a new kind of vertical progression in the game, beginning the entire Ascended fiasco.

Tolmos, do you like the Ascended gear? Because that’s the kind of thing you get when the only thing running rampant in the community are whiners and haters. ArenaNet has proved again and again that they don’t understand the concept of “vocal minority” to be able to disregard the part of the community they should ignore, unless it’s made crystal clear to them.

Heh, fair enough. You got me there. I do still feel too many people are quick to rush to the defense of something they don’t know about/care about simply because they see red when someone “insults” their game with any kind of criticism, but I agree that there are also people whose hate posts border on absurd. I’ve seen anti-ascended gear threads so poorly written that I almost took up arms FOR ascended gear in the thread just to avoid being lumped in together with them.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Hmm, that’s odd, I login to GW2 and play it every day, still the same game

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

1.People were angry about the lack of a release date because they already spent money and they were still given the “It’s ready when it’s ready” bit.

Yet, now they’re screaming at ESO/Zenimax (or insert other name) to take their money and will throw money their way the first moment they can, whether or not release date is announced. Won’t re-open that entire discussion that raged across gw2guru, but if you pay for a game before a release date is announced and the offer states you may not have one for a while either, then you better suck it up and be patient… coming back afterwards with a scorned, self-entitled stance just makes you look like a fool.

2. People complained about bugs because problems that shouldn’t have survived beta were popping up left right and center and it got worse in the higher level zones, even after “It’s ready when it’s ready.” And I’m leaving the Lost Shores debacle alone.

Any game will have bugs, going into rage and throwing tantrums is pointless. Reporting them and having Anet fix them as fast as possible is only solution, which they are doing a much better job of than other game companies out there.

4. The bot problem isn’t solved, they’re using a different strategy now, one that wouldn’t be possible if a certain exploit was fixed (if it can be).

Try solving it yourself in a day; the botters aren’t predictable, they put considerable amount of effort into ways of cheating the system, but at least Anet are doing a lot to prevent and limit their impact. Remember the game is still in its “infancy” for an MMO..

Anet should take comfort in the fact that people care enough about their product to post AT ALL. In today’s gaming market, players can easily be indifferent and that’s much worse than “negativity”.

True, it’s much better for Anet to receive feedback in the first place, but the players should also be a bit more open to changes that Anet see a need to make. This game is going to be around for many years to come, it will develop and have new systems introduced, but it’s still the same game. Yet when some new element is added, players scream about progression issues, etc. etc. but in the long run I think those changes will just make the whole game feel much more coherent.

Of course, many people beg to differ in opinion, and on a forum the negativity of few always makes it seem like it’s a larger part of the community than what is true. Still the population in the game seems healthy, and lacking concrete sales figures to point at I can only make an assumption of the player numbers still growing.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I just wish people who no longer play will stop posting on the forums since their posts are often unreasonable, out of place and disrespecting of anyone who does like the game , including new players.

Why? they payed the exact same as you for the game. The have the right to say whatever they want. Frankly if you think this forum is bad check out the other fan forums as they have made a mess there worse than here.
They have every right to be upset at whatever forced them to leave the game especially if it was over “design decisions”. The basic fact that over 75% of the population is gone doesnt give you a clue and people are upset then stay off of the forums. People Gripe in hope of change for the better no matter how distant a possibility it is.
Think of this as SWG and TOR exact same phenomena.

And yes pre Nov 15 it was really a good forum with little negativity to it with the exception to the nerf thief threads. I rushed to 80 what do I do type stuff or saying how great and fun the game is. Or asking about future content at 80.

Post Nov 15 is what you see now. That should tell you everything right there.
I do agree that the game must adapt to the new climate but you dont drop a bomb
that changes the entire game without saying a kitten word about it. You have a dialogue with your gamers and talk to them and explain why. NOT
DO fracs better gear be better then everyone else and do content others cant.Make more money too- have edge in WvW ect ect….

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

Posted by: zabriel.4852

zabriel.4852

I believe all this game needs is just time. Anet does have a lot of work to do. Its too early to tell if this game will die or not. I play it, every time i get a chance. And even if theres bugs and drop rates, and a lot of nerfs. People still play it. Lets see how 2013 is to Gw2.

Zabriel Dusk

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

I wasnt concentrating at first, I misread your title and thought it said a nativity forum… wth….rofl

:))

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Hmm, that’s odd, I login to GW2 and play it every day, still the same game

you havent made it out of the starter area then I take it?
There is a wonderful new thing call DR enjoy it. it is unlimited
Open world loot drops =0 crapola
everyone sits in LA going LFG no one in the world
Must I keep going cause it is in no way shape or form the same game I played at the start. That was fun enjoyable rewarding and kept me playing for long periods of time.
Now i have a solo grind for what? A weapon that is half finished compared to other legendaries.

Morrigan.2809

Why? they payed the exact same as you for the game. The have the right to say whatever they want. Frankly if you think this forum is bad check out the other fan forums as they have made a mess there worse than here.
They have every right to be upset at whatever forced them to leave the game especially if it was over “design decisions”. The basic fact that over 75% of the population is gone doesnt give you a clue and people are upset then stay off of the forums. People Gripe in hope of change for the better no matter how distant a possibility it is.

And yes pre Nov 15 it was really a good forum with little negativity to it with the exception to the nerf thief threads. I rushed to 80 what do I do type stuff or saying how great and fun the game is. Or asking about future content at 80.

that changes the entire game without saying a kitten word about it. You have a dialogue with your gamers and talk to them and explain why. NOT
DO fracs better gear be better then everyone else and do content others cant.Make more money too- have edge in WvW ect ect….

I don’t know why you quoted me because nothing you said responded to my post at all but since you did.

Why bring the game price into it? It has nothing to do with the fact that constructive criticism is useful and raging is not.
Just because I buy a product and no longer use it doesn’t make everyone who does use that product idiots or uninformed because they don’t share my opinion.

My comment was intended to mean that I think they game is best served by people actively playing the game and giving suggestions for improvement. Not by people raging why they quit the game.

You have no proof what ever to say 75% of people quit.

Pre Nov 15 the forum was pretty much what is is now. There has been one favorite complaint per week since the game launched.

I am in no way a fan of Ascended gear and I understand the anger from the community very well.

My point is that we need constructive criticism as well as praise for aspects of the game that we do like and think is working right. This way there is accurate feedback that is useful and can actually be used to improve the game for all

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

The basic fact that over 75% of the population…

It’s a fact that 73.6% of the statistics on the internet are made up at the spot. On forums, this is as high as 99.9%.

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

I am not going to read all the posts on this topic but most gaming forums do have a rant section…

Posted by: morology.2507

morology.2507

Looks to me like the same couple dozen posters making the same complaints in different threads over and over (and over… and over.) Arenanet folks obviously read this forum, they’ll have seen your complaints, there’s really no need to make them in every other new thread that crops up.

I mean there’s even a recent thread posted by someone just saying they’re new and enjoying the game, and some of these same posters went in there and left their same complaints again. Give it a rest already.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The problem is that people are too entitled in this day and age. They pay 60 dollars/euros and think that grants them the right to order ArenaNet around. It doesn’t. You paid 60 moneys for a product which allows you to use it.
Anger would only be justified if they would remove your ability to use the product (take the servers down).

It’s not the customer’s fault if the vendor overestimates what they can deliver for $60.

We were promised personalized home instances would be in the game. Then it was stated that they weren’t quite finished at launch and that it would be added at a later date. Then, it was disclosed that nobody at Anet is actually working on adding it to the game.

Now, if you’re a person that bought the game because of said feature, said actions by ArenaNet will make you angry. And rightfully so. Sure, the game is good value for money. But that doesn’t mean Anet should be let off easy if they don’t supply what they themselves told us they would add.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

Well I have a post up A net mods asked for examples and plenty have been listed. Now we are on day 15 I am thinking and no response HMMMMMM. People would like to see a response to their questions . Its like buying a burger but your burger was cold and the burger establishment tells you to file a complaint with regional office. You file a complaint with the regional office and they tell you well we are just a third party service answering these types of complaints only.. You need to talk to corporate then you complain to corporate just to finally get the response you wanted to hear in the first place lol. Basically if they dont want to see complaints then the forum should be shut down to them and they should be directed to a email response only. It always amazes me how many people look at the complaints and want to rant because people are making complaints. Most people that have that free time would be playing the game or doing something better than reading the complaint section.. Myself I have one up and its the only reason I look at this stuff. Basically if you are enjoying your game why are you wasting time here reading this LOL. Now I am heading for sure now to GW1 to finsh that last story they updated. I have seen all I needed to see here.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Please help keep these forums a productive and friendly place by posting in a respectful tone.