Anet and RPers

Anet and RPers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ranulf.9285

Ranulf.9285

Arenanet, I have to ask… Why? Why do you keep giving roleplayers less and less options?

With today’s patch, you’ve made it impossible to get into the uninstanced Durmand Priory, which me and my guild used as an analogue for the Vigil Keep’s interior, as the actual Vigil Keep interior does not have things like an office or even a barracks. Now we can’t get into the uninstanced version, which severely limits the amount of people we can get in on an RP there, makes us have to ignore all the Priory NPC’s around, and prevents us from using places like Gixx’s office.

I’m just… distraught. There’s also things like the complete destruction and walling off of Fort Salma, which I know was used by Seraph and Mercenary RP groups alike. I can understand the initial destruction of it, which was a very unsettling(in a good way) part of the Living Story. But now, it just seems less and less likely with each patch that you ever intend on restoring the place and opening it back up to roleplayers, who used to use it extensively.

I KNOW we’re a minority, in fact I’m sure most of the posts from players on here will be laughing at me and roleplayers in general, telling us to ‘suck it up’ or something along those lines, but we care deeply about this sort of thing and it’s upsetting to know that all these wonderful locations are being taken away from us.

I’m not even sure what I hope to achieve from this thread. If an Anet dev were to reply, even that much would be better than more silence. Some kind of answer, y’know?

Anet and RPers

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I am gamer too, and I find it a pity not to have more open buildings for different orders …
But it seems clear Arena does not know what the role play Mmo

Maybe they discover?

After all, the RP makes staying much longer on a play. It is very good customer of the shop, we spend our time looking open places … A stable client maintain, it is the Rplayer.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Anet and RPers

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So, was this another “breaking into Salma District” bug? If so, I can see why ANet would have closed it up, although as a fellow RP-lover, I agree that it was unnecessary and should have been left as is.

Anet and RPers

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

It is kinda BS that they close off these areas. If they wanted them closed, they should have done so from the very beginning. If anything they need to leave these places alone, make more open buildings and make player housing a priority. By not throwing a bone to the Rp’ers, it just drives away people who’d be willing to swipe a credit card at the gem store.