Anet and good customer support/service

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Samjatin.7645

Samjatin.7645

Hi there fellow Tyrians.

First off I love this game and the way Anet handles the communication between the game company and the players. Be it through random posts on Reddit or just daily updates on the state of the game.
But sadly there is something that really bugs me. It is the way customer support is done or rather the lack of service for paying customers.

For the first time in my long ongoing gaming history I was going to actually use a cash shop. I was always against that kind of business model. Maybe I was just ignorant, not informed enough. Whatever, Anet changed my approach.
All the more I was saddened to hear and experience how Anet conducts business with customers of the gemshop.

I planned on spending 50 € in the first weeks of the launch. I started buying boxing gloves and several mini-pet packs. Then on Saturday last week I was going to purchase some dye packs. Then it happened. Instead of buying two dye packs I purchased two Primeval Armor Skins.
YES, it is my own fault. You have to double-click to confirm a purchase. I have no legal claim here. And even if I had, I know it was my mistake that led to all this.

I went on to write a support ticket and hope for a refund, or at least the possibility to exchange the spent gems on something else in the gemshop. Today I got feedback. The money is lost. They claim that Anet does not have the technical know-how to rollback what happened. I highly doubt this. So the 10+ € I spent are down the drain as I do not have any use for the armor skins.

Again, I do know that this is all my fault, but I am really very very disappointed in Anet. This is not good service or customer support at all. Not even on a basic level. This is basically taking money and telling the customer to kitten off.

When I buy something in a store and realize I made a mistake, I go back there and get either a refund or a voucher to buy something in the same prize range. And that is in Germany. A country not very well known for its quality in customer service. We actually have a word for it. Servicewüste Deutschland. Literally meaning Servicedesert.
From a company based in the US I expected more.

I still have 1100 gems on my account and I guess I have to spend them, but that certainly is the last time.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

While I can’t help feeling that there is more to this story, it does seem like Anet should be able to delete the items you purchased and credit gems to your account.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Samjatin.7645

Sure, I could lie and tell whatever I want to. But no, this is basically all there is to it.
I was very polite when I wrote the support ticket and acknowledged my mistake there as well.

And yes, I highly doubt that they do not have the ability to rollback/delete an item in the backpack.
If it is a time-issue b/c the support is bombarded with tickets, I could understand it and would be willing to wait. But to simply say that they cant do it at all? To me that sounds like a lie to be honest.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Yeah, I’d be upset too. I appreciate the warning – if I do make gem purchases in the future, I’ll make sure to be extra careful. I just find it hard to believe GMs do not have the ability to delete an item from someone’s inventory, and that whoever is in charge of the gem shop doesn’t have the ability to add gems to someone’s account. Get these two people on a phone call, and make it happen! Anet should be more than capable of handling this. It almost sounds like they don’t want to mess with these issues, so they are just saying they don’t have the ability.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Samjatin.7645

The worst part is, I am actually not that upset about the money I “lost”.
I am just sincerely disappointed in a company that I came to like a lot. A company that made an awesome game and that has shown (in most parts) that they listen to the community and want to give us the best experience they can offer.

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

i bet if everyone had a super powerful weapon they needed to nerf, they would have no problem finding the delete button

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Draco.9470

Draco.9470

Shoot, I sent them a ticket, took 3 days to get a response, and the response had absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote them. I responded back asking them to please re-read what I had written, and now it’s been another 24 hours with no resolution.

Great game, but their CSR’s need alot of work.

Moribundus / Draconox – Darkhaven