Anet, can you also change the Zhaitan fight?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Glad to hear about the PS restoration. Since you are going to change Victory or Death into a solo mode, can you also change the disappointing Zhaitan encounter to make the dragon more menacing during the battle?

I think some of the minions fight could be removed because we already fought them before Arah, let the fight simply focus on Zhaitan, like those GW1 final campaigns, simply go against Shiro/Abaddon/Great Destroyer.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

A lot of people want this.. myself included

but I doubt they will.. they would prefer to work on new game content than change older content like this…
even though Zhaitan really did give Elder Dragon a bad name..
after hyping him up soo much it was a colossal disappointment to finally fight him in what can only accurately be described as a glorified pidgeon pooping on a ship battle…

just about every encounter in the game is harder to kill… even Moa Birds…
Zhaitan is just embarassing and I do wish they would go back at some point and really make him impressive and at least a little challenging..

As much as I’ve invested into the Story of Gw2 I think I will honestly stop bothering with Story content if Mordremoth ends up being another embarassing joke of a boss fight..

sorry but when the whole story focus of the game is building up to dull and boring dragon fights then its just anti climactic and a waste of time…

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

A lot of people want this.. myself included

but I doubt they will.. they would prefer to work on new game content than change older content like this…
even though Zhaitan really did give Elder Dragon a bad name..
after hyping him up soo much it was a colossal disappointment to finally fight him in what can only accurately be described as a glorified pidgeon pooping on a ship battle…

just about every encounter in the game is harder to kill… even Moa Birds…
Zhaitan is just embarassing and I do wish they would go back at some point and really make him impressive and at least a little challenging..

As much as I’ve invested into the Story of Gw2 I think I will honestly stop bothering with Story content if Mordremoth ends up being another embarassing joke of a boss fight..

sorry but when the whole story focus of the game is building up to dull and boring dragon fights then its just anti climactic and a waste of time…

There’s a lot more wrong with the story than that. But yes, the Zhaitan fight’s a joke. Though, I thought I read somewhere that they said they wouldn’t be changing it because they had other priorities.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Well, at one time way back when the fight was so hard it was impossible.(I could swear this was true) And if so its a classic case of over nerfing which happens alot in MMOs. hopefully it gets tinkered with, a little bit. As its really not that epic anymore!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Well, at one time way back when the fight was so hard it was impossible.(I could swear this was true) And if so its a classic case of over nerfing which happens alot in MMOs. hopefully it gets tinkered with, a little bit. As its really not that epic anymore!

nope it was always easy. perhaps the lead up fights were harder, but i doubt it.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Sure, its clear where the priorities are all right now and that males all sense naturally.
however, this shouldn’t stop Anet from giving the design of the Zhaitan Battle somewhene when they find the time for it to improve that battle and redesign it into a gameplay, that makes really fun, feels challenging and gives in the end also the impression for the player to currently fight actually against one of the mightiest creatures of all Tyria.
So it should be a much much longer and tougher battle over multiple stages that requires actually player skills somewhere to beat him and not just only mind boggling 2 minutes pf perma pressing an auto attack skill of some silly air ship cannons without ever fearing any dangers from him, because all what he does is randomly spawning some weak mininos on the ship desk to annoy you (perhaps) and otherwise, he just watches you over that time, until you blast him finalyl into virtual dust defending hisself not at all.

its no battle, its just a pure joke and bad design, that feels totally rushed, as if the devs resposible for that battle had to get ready with it in just a tiny part of the time, they would have had normally, if NCSoft wouldn’t have rushed ANet to release the game definetely on 2012, but would have given everyone of Anet 1 year more and they would have released the game 2013.

Then the whole game would have been released in a much better and far more polished version from the very begin on with most likely all the content also inside, that has been announced to be in the game from begin on and is still not inside of the game, like Polymock, Bar Brawls and Target Shooting as activities with racial Main Towns, that actually are really actractivities that you want to permanently visit, like announced for instance, where they are since game release nothing but mostly ghost towns, because they offer absolutely nothing at all that makes you want to keep visitign them all and one of them has been by now destroyed and yet we know nothing about it, when and how we will finally start to rebuild LA. when actually now, where the Living Story makes a longer break would be the perfect moment to fill the long waiting tiem for HoT with stuff like rebuildign LA, new activities and other small thigns, that are quickly implemented without that anet loses focus on working on HoT too much, but thigns, that buy in the end anet alot of time by keeping the players for quite some time busy, while giving players in the case of rebuilding LA the feeling, that they can contribute over the time something by helping LA get all its ressources that it needs to get rebuild, while on the same way Anet could use it as a huge gold and material sink at the same time…

Often also the tiny to small things, that can keep players entetained for alot of time for not alot of effort to implement such things, compared over some huge efforts, that may be required perhaps to redesign the whole Zhaitan Battle, which in the end is something, that players play then only once again and after that never again, because the whole game design of the whole redesign ended up beign so bad, that there is literally no single reason for a player to want to fight Zhaitan more than once, because by the game’s design in regard of the current whole personal story design the game is just so designed, that its intended for the player to fight only once agaisnt him, because of the PS beign not replayable at all and there beign no incentive/reward/anythign at all, what would bring a player to want to fight him more than once, other than doing it for pure FUN.

But currently in its state how the battle is designed now, even that reason doesn’t exiost, at least for me and I’m sure for alot of other players too, because the current battle design makes zero fun at all.

There makes simply killing a lame dolyak in WvW more fun, than to fight against Zhaitan at the moment …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: mementomori.8372

mementomori.8372

If Zhaitan wants to die while re-enacting the scene from King Kong, then who are we to question that decision?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

nope it was always easy. perhaps the lead up fights were harder, but i doubt it.

It was something i heard from beta players to be honest, i wouldnt know i wasnt there but i keep hearing it from a few players i know played in beta, and to be honest they talk about seems quite awesome! But hey, they too could be wrong! Oh well, thanks for not being rude

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

I’m waiting for them to make the Zhaitan fight soloable before any of my characters bother with it.

If that happens to be “never”, so be it.

I’m patient.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

They can’t change the fight because there is no fight.
Just cinematics,King Kong Dragon,and some pew pew canon.
Between the laughable movable platform tech,the camera that
clips all over the airships and the resulting headaches,and the pew
pew,this whole encounter is beyond salvaging.
The only fun you get is when at the end you can jump off the
airships to your death below.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

The first post of this thread answers your question. The Zhaitan fight will be solo-able once this update comes out. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Personal-Story-Restoration-update/first

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

The mechanics of the fight have not changed much since the game released… Blasting Zhaitan never really changed since then.
What saved it from a complete disappointment back then was the sheer number of Risen that he would spawn during that fight.
Every pass by the airship spawned over a lot of them. And he continued to spawn them even after he got his wings clipped. And a lot of them were Vets or worse…
And when I say spawned a lot… I mean a lot…
This was before everyone had to be out of combat before you could WP if you were dead. Well, the Risen would actually run down into the airship and swarm you as you respawned!
The challenge back then was just not being over-whelmed by all the enemies!
And really, that did a fair-to-okay job of glossing over just how bad the rest of that fight was.

But, like Dante said above, it was a classic case of over nerfing, and when they did reduce the amount of enemies that spawned to its current, comical levels, it only showed just how poor the actual fight against the dragon itself was…

A shame really…
It has been said that Arah was rushed to be finished right up to the last moment. Personally, I would have been happy enough if they had taken the time to finish it right, and just rolled out Arah later.
But, ah well…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

They could cut out Zhaitan fight from the story entirely. Then they could make it so that the story would only lead to that fight, but the fight itself could take place in, let’ s say, a raid? I’am guessing they’re working on raids, since there was a CDI etc. This way they would put effort into making an actual content, challenging and fun, the kind of content people will play again and again, instead of putting all the resources, time and effort into remaking some old, redundant piece. That would be neat.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Since you are going to change Victory or Death into a solo mode, can you also change the disappointing Zhaitan encounter to make the dragon more menacing during the battle?

They could, but they won’t. A recent interview mentioned how they are not going to work significantly on old content since most people play new content anyway. Guess this means we won’t have any world boss rework like Teq any time soon.

I’am guessing they’re working on raids, since there was a CDI etc.

The guy who managed the CDIs has left ArenaNet. Don’t expect any CDI development any time soon.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

In the thread posted about the changes to the personal story, it was stated that the mechanics of the dungeon will remain the same, so I doubt they will be changing anything

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.