Anet fails once again

Anet fails once again

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sock Warrior.5046

Sock Warrior.5046

Our guild of 7 active players spent the last 2 weeks excited about this patch. We log on today and open our guild panel to view the awaited guild missions. To our surprise you done it again. You bent over every small guild in this game and kittened us. Not only that but you just keep adding things into the game that take months to achieve. When i start a game up i dont want to grind for hours upon hours to achieve something, thats not fun at all. I work and thats enough for me. I dont come home to pull up a game to do more work.

Do any of ANET employee’s even play mmo’s? apparently with your last few patches you show that you do not. Our guild doesnt want to grind for a month to get 50k influence just to do a 15 minute guild mission that we will most likely fail in comparrison to your bullkitten dungeons that take hours of trial and error to achieve. On top of that you said you would make your dungeons more “FUN”. is your oppinion of fun buffing bosses that were already hard enough even more? is spending 15 minutes on champion mobs with tons of health fun? Is trying to kill trash mobs with exploding flowers that spawn every 5 seconds fun? ANET i suggest you go grab a dictionary and look up the word fun and read it. You’’ve managed to take a game that is supposed to be fun and make it so un-enjoyable.

Legendary weapons to any casual gamer would take months to a year to achieve. The people that do have them either got theres from exploits or from others donating gold. what fun is that? Now there will be people that come in here and say " you just need to get better at dungeons". Well before anyone speaks our guild has run every dungeon in explorable/ all paths and got through them, but some were just so miserable and back breaking that we just never went back to them. The infinite trash spawn in sorrows embrace was horse kitten. The exploding flowers in twilight arbor are just idiotic and a nuisance. The fact that you have many trash mobs that can CC lock you in catacombs is so clever. I could go on and on and on but whats the point. You do not listen to the player base, instead you continue to release these idiotic patches that destroy what could have been a great game.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

did they delete your last post?

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

Anet fails once again

Sock Warrior.5046

^ yup. shows how shady they are.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

You forgot to add the part where you and your friends are leaving for Tera this time.
You’ll be missed, honest.

~Tarnished Coast~

Anet fails once again

Posted by: CrazyMike.6142

CrazyMike.6142

your 7 man guild is only a guild out of a technicality, am i entitled to all the guild rewards by making a 1 man guild? of course not, join a real guild instead of getting angry about not being handed rewards for clicking the “create guild” button

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

Anet deletes my previous post because it speaks the truth

Nope, just because there are 10+ posts exactly like this: just post in one of those already open.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

your 7 man guild is only a guild out of a technicality, am i entitled to all the guild rewards by making a 1 man guild? of course not, join a real guild instead of getting angry about not being handed rewards for clicking the “create guild” button

No.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Anet fails once again

Radio Isotope.3045

I have found it best that when a mod who is like a quiet stalker ninja, starts stalking your accounts posts its best to wait a day or two. Because now you have a huge target on your forehead, truth or not.

Guild Founder

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

The 4 members that are left in my guild can complete everything in the game ourselves except for bal and grenth so we are a real guild

Anet fails once again

Sock Warrior.5046

our 7 man guild is a family guild. We do not want to join a bee hive colony of people that we dont know and do not want to get to know. A game is about having fun and playing people you know. Not being forced into a colony just to experience game content. Please just go somewhere else and suck off anet. Your pecker breathe is not wanted here.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Actually if the mods deleted your previous post I would have gotten an automated message. I didn’t.

But in other news…

Okay. Can I have your stuff?

Anet fails once again

CrazyMike.6142

The 4 members that are left in my guild can complete everything in the game ourselves except for bal and grenth so we are a real guild

your a group of 4 good players, but only a guild out of technicality.

Anet fails once again

Sock Warrior.5046

they can target me all they want lol. this game sucks

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Well, I got to see this before it got deleted, and for the record that’s about to be deleted, I agree with the OP.

“We don’t make grindy games”
What a laugh.

Suggestion: The people who actually play MMO’s know what they like, and what they don’t like. Consider listening to them.

Anet fails once again

Heijincks.9267

they can target me all i want lol. this game sucks

Alright. Keep wearing the tinfoil hat.

But in other news…

Okay. Can I have your stuff?

Anet fails once again

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If your guild is active like you said every memeber can grind for 2 hours to farm enough gold to buy the influence.

Quite honestly, I was in a guild of 500 and they never have enough influence for anything, because people are so demanding to spend every bit of influence on wvw.

I’m in a new guild now, and actually have alot of influence because they never spend influence on anything beside magic find. and karma on weekend.

Anet fails once again

CrazyMike.6142

our 7 man guild is a family guild. We do not want to join a bee hive colony of people that we dont know and do not want to get to know. A game is about having fun and playing people you know. Not being forced into a colony just to experience game content. Please just go somewhere else and suck off anet. Your pecker breathe is not wanted here.

very immature, but not surprising. you can join multiple guilds for a reason, ignoring that feature is your own fault. how are you suddenly not having fun by not getting the most minor stat upgrade in the gw2 end game, are you that closed minded that the only way you can have fun is to get every little stat upgrade you can?

Anet fails once again

Sock Warrior.5046

why should our guild be at a disadvantage compared to other guilds? is it fair that we have to spend our hard earned gold to do new released content because anet caters to large guilds? please stop trying to give suggestions or advice. We do not want to do that and will not do that. We want to be treated fairly and these guild missions are not doing it.

Anet fails once again

Heijincks.9267

why should our guild be at a disadvantage compared to other guilds? is it fair that we have to spend our hard earned gold to do new released content because anet caters to large guilds? please stop trying to give suggestions or advice. We do not want to do that and will not do that. We want to be treated fairly and these guild missions are not doing it.

Has it ever occurred to you that bigger guilds worked for it too? Yes, perhaps each person as an individual didn’t have to contribute to as much, but the collective effort is absolutely the same.

In your logic, it would be fair for someone to get an A+ on a group project they did solo in 4 hours compared to a group who invested 4 hours per person to get an A+.

Anet fails once again

vince.5937

Has it ever occurred to you that bigger guilds worked for it too? Yes, perhaps each person as an individual didn’t have to contribute to as much, but the collective effort is absolutely the same.

In your logic, it would be fair for someone to get an A+ on a group project they did solo in 4 hours compared to a group who invested 4 hours per person to get an A+.

Yes actually, it has occurred to me that they had to work for it.

Much less than other guilds.

In much less time.

With much less effort.

So big guilds still have the upper hand here, regardless of how hard they worked. Small/medium guilds? Disadvantaged and unable to run the new content.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Destiny’s Edge had how many members?

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

Anet fails once again

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

look at it this way, if anyone can creat a 1 man guild and do guild event anytime they want and be rewarded greatly for it, it will surely result in abuse.

and seriously 2 hours of farming each member is all you need. I dont’ understand all the whinning and crying.

Anet fails once again

Heijincks.9267

Yes actually, it has occurred to me that they had to work for it.

Much less than other guilds.

In much less time.

With much less effort.

So big guilds still have the upper hand here, regardless of how hard they worked. Small/medium guilds? Disadvantaged and unable to run the new content.

Yes, but the bottom line is that the collective effort is the same. If a group of 100 people poured in a quarter to buy some $25 thing, one person alone would still have to pay $25 to get it.

Anet fails once again

vince.5937

look at it this way, if anyone can creat a 1 man guild and do guild event anytime they want and be rewarded greatly for it, it will surely result in abuse.

and seriously 2 hours of farming each member is all you need. I dont’ understand all the whinning and crying.

My guild members have jobs and families and IRL responsibilities.

I get to play 1 hour a night max. I don’t want to spend that mindlessly grinding. I’d like to spend it playing my personal story, or exploring, or doing jumping puzzles, or anything in the game besides grinding the same twenty mobs in the same sixty-yard area in hopes of getting something rare.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Could you not work together with a few other small guilds to complete the content, or are you just set on not playing with anyone else or working together with other like-minded guilds?

~Tarnished Coast~

Anet fails once again

Kromica.2831

If I was good enough to earn that A+ solo then why isn’t it fair?

Anet fails once again

CrazyMike.6142

catering to your tiny “Guild” would be unfair to all the larger guild that actually put the work and time into recruiting the dozens/hundreds of members they have, your not asking for things to be fair, your asking for the game to cater to your special needs and ignoring everyone elses work because your to lazy to work for any of your gear.

in that case, its unfair that i don’t have all my condition damage set, because i don’t like any of the dungeons that can give me the equipment i need, and i dont like gathering materials or gold to earn them. boo hoo.

Anet fails once again

Kromica.2831

Could you not work together with a few other small guilds to complete the content, or are you just set on not playing with anyone else or working together with other like-minded guilds?

Helping other guilds doesn’t earn rep for your guild.

Anet fails once again

Heijincks.9267

Suppose everyone is equal to you then. Unless you imply that small guilds deserve special treatment.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Well you gave your opinion, so i’ll toss out mine:

- Guild Missions!
This game is a MMOG. By pure definition a Massive Multiplayer Online Game focus on creating social interaction. However small (as in group sized) guilds and lone players are a paradox in this type of games, drawing away that very own social interaction that boost the player and their character in every kind of aspect.

So what can a small guild do? One of two things:
- If ANet as already stated that other players can join the spawned guild missions, just form an “alliance” with a bigger guild to join them where they do them.
- Join with your friends a bigger guild. This can generate a lot of contradictions but i don’t see a reason why not to. If 7 players creates a small guild to play between, why not to join a bigger guild and play with the same 7 players? It adds the guild upgrades benefits and it’s a win win situation.

If small guilds should have the same chances as bigger guilds? Indeed and they have! Unfortunately it costs more than they could wager!

PS: There is actually people who got their legendaries the hard and legit way!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Anet fails once again

Kromica.2831

catering to your tiny “Guild” would be unfair to all the larger guild that actually put the work and time into recruiting the dozens/hundreds of members they have, your not asking for things to be fair, your asking for the game to cater to your special needs and ignoring everyone elses work because your to lazy to work for any of your gear.

in that case, its unfair that i don’t have all my condition damage set, because i don’t like any of the dungeons that can give me the equipment i need, and i dont like gathering materials or gold to earn them. boo hoo.

What work and time, you spam in zone chat and invite anyone that wants in just so you can suck the influence off them.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Actually, they are. Guild missions are supposed to reward a certain level of investment with appropriate level of reward.

I guess you would be happy if they allowed your 4 man guild to complete a “lite” version of the quests with appropriately poorer level of rewards? Because that would be fair.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Anet fails once again

vince.5937

- If ANet as already stated that other players can join the spawned guild missions, just form an “alliance” with a bigger guild to join them where they do them.

Players who are representing the Guild that started the Guild Mission get credit.

Players who are not part of the guild get the same award as dynamic events.

So that’s not what happens, at all.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

GUILD (noun) : An association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

I’m pretty sure they are literally a guild.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

Thank you for showing the perfect example of why people would PAY to NOT spend time with large guilds.

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Anet fails once again

Kromica.2831

Suppose everyone is equal to you then. Unless you imply that small guilds deserve special treatment.

No one deserves special treatment it should be equal across the board and based on skill like GW2 was advertised, and with each patch anet moves further and further away from that.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

this 10 times…

Anet fails once again

Radio Isotope.3045

Actually I disagree with your logic. The genius who did his group project by himself, in the same time as a group of people, should get an A++ instead of the A+ the group got.

Guild Founder

(edited by Radio Isotope.3045)

Anet fails once again

Cora.9745

No one deserves special treatment it should be equal across the board and based on skill like GW2 was advertised, and with each patch anet moves further and further away from that.

This x10

Anet fails once again

Heijincks.9267

Precisely why guild missions should have been implemented differently. While the patch isn’t… great for some people, it’s fair for everyone. The collective effort is the same for everybody. Nobody gets special treatment.

The only way this patch would be unfair is if guild missions had a gated requirement (that is unattainable through conventional effort) such as “You need X members in your guild before you can do this”. Which certainly isn’t the case.

Anet fails once again

Heijincks.9267

Actually I disagree with this logic. The genius who did his group project by himself, in the same time as a group of people, should get an A++ instead of the A+ the group got.

Now assume everyone is the same.

Anet fails once again

CrazyMike.6142

What work and time, you spam in zone chat and invite anyone that wants in just so you can suck the influence off them.

if its as easy as your implying, then it only proves my point even more, if it is THAT easy, then you truly must be the laziest person on this earth to be unwilling to go through the trouble, and do not deserve the reward.

that point aside, yes, there are guilds that recruit with map spam, those groups still need to invest a lot of time to recruit that many members, however, recruiting this way will not earn you the influence everybody seems to assume you will, they hardly group up, and as a result, earn influence equivalent to a guild 1/10th its size (grouping up and doing events gives you 20 influence, while running solo nets you 2).

Anet fails once again

CrazyMike.6142

GUILD (noun) : An association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

I’m pretty sure they are literally a guild.

i never said they weren’t literally a guild, do you not know what technicality means?

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

My guild members have jobs and families and IRL responsibilities.

I get to play 1 hour a night max. I don’t want to spend that mindlessly grinding. I’d like to spend it playing my personal story, or exploring, or doing jumping puzzles, or anything in the game besides grinding the same twenty mobs in the same sixty-yard area in hopes of getting something rare.

I dont like grind myself, but you are being very strange here.

You say you have no interest in competitive play as you only play for 1hour a day. And then only want to do very casual content that doesnt reguire you to have amazing gear.

And you somehow are forced to get this gear?`Your options for fun are still there, why would you grind if what you do ingame doesnt require you to have this gear!?!

Anet fails once again

vince.5937

I dont like grind myself, but you are being very strange here.

You say you have no interest in competitive play as you only play for 1hour a day. And then only want to do very casual content that doesnt reguire you to have amazing gear.

And you somehow are forced to get this gear?`Your options for fun are still there, why would you grind if what you do ingame doesnt require you to have this gear!?!

I have said nothing about competitive play or obtaining gear.

Did you tie my posts to someone else’s posts?

Long Live Atlas Park 33

Anet fails once again

Kromica.2831

if its as easy as your implying, then it only proves my point even more, if it is THAT easy, then you truly must be the laziest person on this earth to be unwilling to go through the trouble, and do not deserve the reward.

that point aside, yes, there are guilds that recruit with map spam, those groups still need to invest a lot of time to recruit that many members, however, recruiting this way will not earn you the influence everybody seems to assume you will, they hardly group up, and as a result, earn influence equivalent to a guild 1/10th its size (grouping up and doing events gives you 20 influence, while running solo nets you 2).

Yes I am lazy because I don’t want to have a guild of 500 people, like I said before the 4 people left in my guild that was originally 10 can do everything in the game except bal and grenth, there was never a need to recruit people and I am not going to have some kittenty designed content dictate what my guild is.

Anet fails once again

Cora.9745

Precisely why guild missions should have been implemented differently. While the patch isn’t… great for some people, it’s fair for everyone. The collective effort is the same for everybody. Nobody gets special treatment.

The only way this patch would be unfair is if guild missions had a gated requirement such as “You need X members in your guild before you can do this”. Which certainly isn’t the case.

But that is pretty much what they ARE saying.

One of the developers already stated that these missions are supposed to be difficult to start, and difficult to do. However, that isn’t the case for all. Due to how guild influence is earned, (much has been said on this already) large guilds, by nature of being large, do NOT have to work to open anything. They simply can get the mission. No skill, time or work goes into that. Just big numbers. However, small guilds DO have a grind. Also nothing based on skill mind you. Just grinding and time.

Another point, players who have been able to do some of the bounties already mentioned that with 20 people, they were not able to complete it. So, that rather negates the point that small guilds can do this just as well as large ones.

Anet is pretty much saying “Join a large guild to see game content.” Which is the opposite of what they set out to do and in fact does bring it closer to WoW.

Anet fails once again

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Just throwing this out there, because it is something I actually am considering with my real-life friend (7 people) guild:
We have a few connections to large guilds. We intend to propose the large guild to contribute to the cost of starting the mission, join the large guild temporarily to do the guild mission (we need more people to complete them anyway) and go back to our own little guild at the end. Do it often enough, there might even be a long-term alliance where we can work together for other goals.

Now, I don’t know yet if any of the larger guilds are up for this, but it’s worth a shot. If it does not work out, we’ll just have influence-gathering-events besides our farming, dungeon, wvw and other events.

it is not impossible as small guild. You can make it fun if you get a little creative. But yes, you have to put in some effort. For example: OP, you said you only play one hour a day, and you like exploring. Get your guildies together, team up, explore a level 80 area and spend everything you loot/earn on those influence books. If everyone chips in, you do what you like while getting more influence. And you’ll have fun working together towards a common goal. But, as with everything else, you decide if the reward is worth the effort. If it’s not, then why whine?

Small guilds are always disadvantaged in some ways, and more advantaged in other ways. You probably won’t have people online at all times for example, and you won’t be able to do a full-wvw-zerg-event with guildies only. And you’ll have to put in more effort if you want to do these guild missions. But you have the every-knows-everyone vibe that large guilds simply do not. You can organise events more easily. Communication is easier. Actually, because of all that, I prefer being in a small guild, even when you know it takes a little bit more effort to get some things ingame.

Anet fails once again

Cora.9745

It is NOT lazy to not want to be trapped with 50+ strangers, hearing their constant, annoying chatter and having these strangers tell you how to spec and play.

What IS lazy is wanting to join a guild of 50+ players who have already unlocked everything they need and being run through events/missions simply because they have the big numbers.

Big numbers=lazy, not skill.

Anet fails once again

CrazyMike.6142

there was never a need to recruit people and I am not going to have some kittenty designed content dictate what my guild is.

it doesn’t dictate what your guild is, join another one and stay in your own guild, if your not willing to do this, its due to your own lazyness, or from having an outlook that joining more than one guild will suddenly make your main guild “unpure” or less important, or from being ANTISOCIAL in an MMO, which is just silly.