Anet lets help paris

Anet lets help paris

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlizzShark.5410

BlizzShark.5410

Please, read first!

Hello, Tyria and Anet.

Why dont you make a skin, weapons,outfit,minipet…. whatever. Any content that a percentage of the buy could go to support paris ?

I mean, dont get me wrong i rarely make forum post but i know some people would buy if they know that it would help others in need and i bet alots more would.

I dont even know if is easy or possible to do that kind of thig, but i already seen it for sure. Both side would win and we all could try to help with a small amount for our skin or whatever purchase.

Think about that, im sorry if i posted this in the wrong side.

Sorry for the bad english.

[PTF] BlizzShark | Seafarer’s Rest

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Colton Hunter.4108

Colton Hunter.4108

The guy was just trying to think of a way to help in his own way, no need to jump on him. Sure there are lots of tragic events in the world but maybe this one hit close to home for him. I’m sure they could do something nice with the money and who’s to say giving doesn’t help people heal that weren’t directly affected?

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

If ANet wants to make charitable donations to causes, that’s their prerogative, but this is a game and they’re running a business, not a charity.

Also, I don’t want to have to look at a bunch of gem store junk plastered with depressing stuff I read about in the news every time I log in, so there’s that. Most people play MMOs to escape the real world., not dwell on it.

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

I’d rather they kept real-world events/politics out of the game.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Zargarda.2176

Zargarda.2176

2 days ago ISIS killed 42 people in Lebanon, anyone heard about it? I bet no, how bout we make GW items out of that?

Not that making French/Lebanon stuff in game would be of any support to anyone, its as much help as the facebook french flag profile pic cover.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Hey US drone strikes kill way more innocent people than the Paris incident, why not we support the victims of US drone strikes instead so that they don’t actually become terrorist.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Why not just.. send Paris your money yourself if you want to help instead of having Anet direct it for you. There are charities already out there much better suited and prepared for it than an MMO company. ;/ People would probably oddly find it offensive anyways like the Plane box.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: beeh.5134

beeh.5134

Thanks for the initiative but we don’t actually need money. The only thing valuable we lost is people and money can’t help it.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Dye u’r armour in the French flags colors and u’ll show u’r support. Thats how its done world wide, on famous buildings, on FB etc…..

Kima & Co

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Politics does not belong on a gaming forum. It never ends well.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

What about the Beirut bombings?

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Caring isn’t a choice between “Care about everything or care about nothing.” There are a lot of causes to care about, and if you want to see an alternative cause supported, make a thread for it. Simply saying “What about this terrible thing?” is not a complete opinion about whether this is a good idea or not.

I don’t personally mind the occasional overlap between the game and the real world, but Anet doesn’t usually get into that. They occasionally promote Pink Day in LA, and that’s about it. Whenever a business decides to get into charitable fundraising, there are real costs associated with that, and if you tie that into the Internet Grumble Machine, and a product people often use as an escape, and you’re setting yourself up for some extra hassle. There are perfectly valid reasons to want this added to the game, and perfectly valid reasons to keep it out.

I mostly just wanted to comment on all the people saying “What about ____?” What about _? If you think Anet should support more causes, say so. If you think they shouldn’t support any causes, say so.

(Of course, if you want to give to charity, you don’t have to wait for a company to help you. You won’t get a skin for it, but you will be helping people.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

Help Paris…do what?

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Colton Hunter.4108

Colton Hunter.4108

All the people freaking out about politics on the forum I have a great solution. Don’t click and read the topic clearly taking you to that scary real world stuff. There is a thousand other in game topics you can peruse. Nobody is making you read them. Guild Wars has always been a social game about community, sometimes the community wants to talk about something you don’t. That is life in game and out.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

2 days ago ISIS killed 42 people in Lebanon, anyone heard about it? I bet no, how bout we make GW items out of that?

Not that making French/Lebanon stuff in game would be of any support to anyone, its as much help as the facebook french flag profile pic cover.

Anyone remember a few years ago when a girl was kidnapped, and the media made a huge deal out of it? I don’t even remember the girls name, but nevermind that. When all this was going on, I made a post a forum asking why the case got so much attention. The result was page after page after page of people calling me a cold-hearted (censored) and much worse things. And yet, my entire point was that there were loads of children being kidnapped all over the world on a daily basis, so why was this one getting so much attention? Not one person could, or even tried, to answer that.

Then there was the Chinese workers getting stuck in a mine after an accident. It got tons of media attention, and “everyone” wanted to support them and help them. The fact this happens at least on a yearly basis around the world was ignored.

So to make this short, I feel bad for the victims in Paris, but I don’t intend to make a big deal out of it. It happened. It sucked, but it’s over. We can’t change it, and we can’t prevent the next one. All we can do is shrug and go on with our lives. Heck, anyone remember Utøya in Norway back in 2011? More than 90 was killed, most of them children from 13 to 18 years old. That was four years ago in my own home country, and yet I don’t care. It’s ancient history already. The Paris stuff might seem like a huge deal now, but give it a month, and very few still care. Or even remember it.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: BlizzShark.5410

BlizzShark.5410

Ok, sorry for the post… or not. I can see there is alot of hate on this comments. People didnt get my point. If you think is a bad ideia, try to not comment….

Anet forum moderator, pls lock this post, its out of topic, people went full crazy on one simple ideia that Lots of games did when tsunamy and tornados appear…

Once again, sorry for the post.

[PTF] BlizzShark | Seafarer’s Rest

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

There’s a difference between a natural disaster and a terrorist attack. Throwing money at natural disasters actually has a tangible benefit, since there is infrastructure and property that has to be rebuilt.

I don’t see how money would help in this situation.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Keep stuff like this out of the forums please. If I want to read about horrible man made disasters I’ll read my son’s report card thank you very much.

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

The guy was just trying to think of a way to help in his own way, no need to jump on him. Sure there are lots of tragic events in the world but maybe this one hit close to home for him. I’m sure they could do something nice with the money and who’s to say giving doesn’t help people heal that weren’t directly affected?

He can help in his own way by other means other through a video game that would be much better.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Anet lets help paris

Posted by: Moderator

[Thank you for the suggestion and discussion. This topic continues to go off topic and generate negative attention, it is now closed.]