Anet should help out the youtubers/streamer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MadOtaku.8532

MadOtaku.8532

Quite simply on the main website of league of legends Riot Games advertised the most impactful and popular youtubers. They gave them a spotlight because they deserved it and i believe Anet should do the same thing for a number of Gw2 youtubers/streamers, a good reason for this is because it would help them out greatly i mean Gw2 isn’t as big as Lol and many of the youtubers simply deserve so much more of a subscriber base than they currently have.

I mean Woodenpotatoes is quite famous in the Gw2 community yet he only has 86k subs which is not down to the channel it is down to Gw2 simply not being big right now, so i think if a company like Riot Games can advertise already majorly big channels then surely Anet can help out the well deserving Gw2 channels.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They already help them quite a bit. But they could always do more.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Honestly, youtubers don’t deserve any more attention. If you are entertaining, people will come.

MadOtaku.8532

Honestly, youtubers don’t deserve any more attention. If you are entertaining, people will come.

That’s true for many other games but not Gw2 it simply doesn’t have the streaming and youtube presence other games have, many of the youtubers would be bigger if they covered other games but they are loyal to gw2 and they shouldn’t be punished for that.

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

I definitely agree with Op, if a youtuber like woodenpotatoes were to do what he does now but with other games that are popular right now (like angryjoe does) he would be a very popular game youtuber regardless of if he shows his face or not, this is mainly because wp gets easily immersed onto every aspect of the game and he has that in depth interest on the lore of a game.

I always wonder why he is solely attached to the GW franchise, but hey its his call, but if he does start to review other popular game titles you can bet your bottom dollar he will be earning big bucks from YouTube, just like the people who post videos of them playing “minecraft” (shudders)….

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Gw2 isn’t as big as Lol

There’s the problem right there. If GW2 isn’t as popular as LoL, then a GW2 streamer won’t be as popular as a LoL streamer, will they? Besides, I’m not a fan of LoL, but I’ve been unfortunate enough to come across some of their streamers – I won’t go into details because I don’t want a forum ban for describing what some of them do (and are encouraged to do), but I don’t want that in this game’s community.

A lot of the Youtubers and fan sites already get special treatment as it is, they don’t need more. Then again, I never understood the whole appeal of watching someone else play a game instead of playing it myself; or hearing someone preach an opinion instead of forming my own.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

As a pretty active streamer and youtuber, I can definitely say they do quite a lot for me.

I would always appreciate more, but they host me and others on twitch quite often and do show a lot of appreciation towards us for putting forth effort into community interest through advertisement.

The only things I would really like at this point would be for more attention to game maintenance and more communication with the playerbase. Bug fixes just aren’t prioritised enough these days, so if I could ask for one thing from them it would be for that – more bug fixes.

MadOtaku.8532

Gw2 isn’t as big as Lol

There’s the problem right there. If GW2 isn’t as popular as LoL, then a GW2 streamer won’t be as popular as a LoL streamer, will they? Besides, I’m not a fan of LoL, but I’ve been unfortunate enough to come across some of their streamers – I won’t go into details because I don’t want a forum ban for describing what some of them do (and are encouraged to do), but I don’t want that in this game’s community.

A lot of the Youtubers and fan sites already get special treatment as it is, they don’t need more. Then again, I never understood the whole appeal of watching someone else play a game instead of playing it myself; or hearing someone preach an opinion instead of forming my own.

I don’t mean to compare Lol to Gw2 as that would be pretty foolish i simply mean that being loyal to Gw2 means they are less big as other youtubers/streamer but Woodenpotatoes has 86k subs and that’s correct me if I’m wrong one of the highest in out community but even our community should add up to being larger than that, it must mean a great deal of our community doesn’t know how entertaining and helpful Gw2 youtubers can be.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

They already do support youtubers…I mean look at AuroraPeachy, doesn’t do anything but cry on the camera, and she gets free kitten from Anet.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

MadOtaku.8532

I definitely agree with Op, if a youtuber like woodenpotatoes were to do what he does now but with other games that are popular right now (like angryjoe does) he would be a very popular game youtuber regardless of if he shows his face or not, this is mainly because wp gets easily immersed onto every aspect of the game and he has that in depth interest on the lore of a game.

I always wonder why he is solely attached to the GW franchise, but hey its his call, but if he does start to review other popular game titles you can bet your bottom dollar he will be earning big bucks from YouTube, just like the people who post videos of them playing “minecraft” (shudders)….

Woodenpotatoes has been sitting at 86k for awhile now and he at least deserves 100k+ just by going by the age of his channel alone, i truly think Anet should do what Riot Games did because yes it would help them out but its also a way for Anet to recognise their hard work as a whole company.

MadOtaku.8532

As a pretty active streamer and youtuber, I can definitely say they do quite a lot for me.

I would always appreciate more, but they host me and others on twitch quite often and do show a lot of appreciation towards us for putting forth effort into community interest through advertisement.

The only things I would really like at this point would be for more attention to game maintenance and more communication with the playerbase. Bug fixes just aren’t prioritised enough these days, so if I could ask for one thing from them it would be for that – more bug fixes.

True but the larger youtubers and streamers are large is our community for a reason of course, but even going by our community they could be much more popular. A post on the main page wouldn’t be hard for Anet to do for their hard work and it would defiantly bump up the Gw2 youtuber and streaming presence as a whole.

MadOtaku.8532

They already do support youtubers…I mean look at AuroraPeachy, doesn’t do anything but cry on the camera, and she gets free kitten from Anet.

True, but her channel is also very small our community alone should add up to more support than what she is getting, I’m not saying i want Anet to hand feed them but I’m sure many staff at Anet have a number of youtubers and streamer they like, they should show appreciation for them in a large way that would make their channels actually grow. I mean being on the main page also means your on the client so it would help and encourage them i would hope.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

True, but her channel is also very small our community alone should add up to more support than what she is getting, I’m not saying i want Anet to hand feed them but I’m sure many staff at Anet have a number of youtubers and streamer they like, they should show appreciation for them in a large way that would make their channels actually grow. I mean being on the main page also means your on the client so it would help and encourage them i would hope.

I would rather them support people that bring value.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

MadOtaku.8532

I would rather them support people that bring value.

True AuroraPeachy is not one i would pick for the spotlight, i just think once a week for a bit they should spotlight a channel and help it grow.