Anet stole my char name

Anet stole my char name

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aimasira.3786

aimasira.3786

Well i knew that day will eventually come.
i have been welcomed with a message to change my chars name
I guess Scarlet Briar had some similarities of an NPC…. :P

btw i kept the name with some alterations, i hope you dont be mad:(:(

Anet stole my char name

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Was it named that before she was introduced as a character?

Anet stole my char name

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well i knew that day will eventually come.
i have been welcomed with a message to change my chars name
I guess Scarlet Briar had some similarities of an NPC…. :P

btw i kept the name with some alterations, i hope you dont be mad:(:(

Depends how similar it still is. As I understand the rules, if the change is small, such as Scarlett Briar, they will change the char name if reported and in addition you might get a 3 day suspension from the game.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-naming-policy/
“If a character name is reported to us and is in violation of the guidelines above, for the first offense, you will be required to rename your character upon your next login and your account may be marked and suspended pursuant to Guild Wars 2 Conduct Breaches and Outcomes. For the second offense, we will assign you a new name and your account will again be marked and suspended pursuant to Guild Wars 2 Conduct Breaches and Outcomes. We may take further action at our discretion.”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anet stole my char name

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Were you the same one that was cosplaying as her exact image, and would slowly walk around at FE?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Anet stole my char name

Posted by: aimasira.3786

aimasira.3786

no i named my character after they introduced her, but the system let me (actually i used her last name as first name)

now its Briar Scarlet Former (well the last “r” is missing due to char limitations)
i added a new word :P

@lambent: no its not me

Anet stole my char name

Just a flesh wound.3589

If reported, I have a feeling that name won’t be allowed either.

You can always contact support and ask them if it’s ok. If not, you can ask them to reset it to be renamed by you so you don’t have to buy a character name change or have them rename it to something they choose.

ANet may give it to you.

Anet stole my char name

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

You can always contact support and ask them if it’s ok. If not, you can ask them to reset it to be renamed by you so you don’t have to buy a character name change or have them rename it to something they choose.

No way, that’s ridiculous… You think you aren’t allowed to have any similarities with any NPCs?

Well kitten, RIP my ode to GW1, Prophet Varesh.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Anet stole my char name

Just a flesh wound.3589

No way, that’s ridiculous… You think you aren’t allowed to have any similarities with any NPCs?

Well kitten, RIP my ode to GW1, Prophet Varesh.

They don’t allow char names that are identical or similar to NPCs in the Guild Wars 1 or 2 games.

Probably this part of the naming policy
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-naming-policy/
“Reference names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials, or products”

As I recall correctly, the reason why is there are actually people that see the names and think they are the characters from the game walking and talking. /shrug. It seems there have been incidents where it caused confusion or problems with chars being mistaken for famous NPCs.

ANet may give it to you.