Anet, time for reserved slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Ive seen this come up time and time again over the years and never thought much about it, but since HoT was released ive had more crashes in a week then ive had the entire 3 years previous playing GW2, granted its an expansions and crashes happen, and bugs need worked out, but in saying that.

We where on the Auric Basin map doing the final Meta event and defending the city, we organised the map and where on the final burn, when BAM game crashed, I logged back in, and where I did get the 3 chests for the event, it put me onto a new map, so I could NOT get into the rooms I need below the map,

We need a reserved slot system so if you are doing a world event and the game crashes you get xx mins to log back into the map and you can continue as before, I know several people now this is happening to, and its making us actually not want to log in, as we are putting all this time into it and getting nothing back.

Its a sad state of affairs in game where people are only making parties now known as anti DC parties.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

They will add a mastery that if you max out you’ll get a reserved spot for a few minutes. But it will be gated behind a lot of grind (sorry, I had to while this is still fresh)

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

I hope they won’t add anything like this. The dc’s are great! They are the only way for me to jump into full maps shortly before the reward without grinding all the events for hours!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I hope they won’t add anything like this. The dc’s are great! They are the only way for me to jump into full maps shortly before the reward without grinding all the events for hours!

Yeah… I have to agree that I actually did that a few times… spammed Join map when I knew that map is doing great. And finally I join at the end, tag something real quick and get the reward xD

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Yeah… I have to agree that I actually did that a few times… spammed Join map when I knew that map is doing great. And finally I join at the end, tag something real quick and get the reward xD

Well as Anet tweak the new system that gives rewards on participation you will no longer beable to spam join map, tag 1 enemy and get rewarded, so yea that mutes that point.

It needs to be added, its crazy that you can spend an hour+ on the map doing all the events, get kicked out at the final minute of the meta, and someone else can jump in get rewarded for doing nothing, while you lose all progression, and rewards.

Posted by: peter.2738

peter.2738

Was thinking on posting about the reserved slots yesterday, but changed my mind. Totally agree.

Whatever the reason of crash, may it be your PC fault, ISP fault or Anet fault, It ends up in negative gameplay experience. In gw2 map progress event system, this negative experience is even more severe.

Servers should most definitely reserve player slot for few minutes after the interrupt.

Dunno about rewards after the “crash”, player may exploit that. Maybe some sort of other compensation. Tough you could bypass reward problem 99% of the time, If you ensure player gets connected back to the same map instance after interrupt.

(edited by peter.2738)