Anet you there?

Anet you there?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Anet i love your game but all of these D/C every other day why are you not letting us know whats going on it cant just be a glitch its happening to often please tell us whats going on and what your doing about it because it just seems like your putting a band aid on a bad cut that needs stitches

master jedi david

Anet you there?

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

It’s a DDOS attack. There’s not much Anet can do about such a massive attack.

Anet you there?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Anet i love your game but all of these D/C every other day why are you not letting us know whats going on it cant just be a glitch its happening to often please tell us whats going on and what your doing about it because it just seems like your putting a band aid on a bad cut that needs stitches

Apparently, it’s a pretty big DDoS attack, and it is hitting more than just GW2. There’s posts with more info in the bugs and tech parts of the forums, but that’s the basics of it.

There’s not much they can do about the attacks, but it would be nice if they would say SOMETHING. A nice red name post to draw everyone’s attention and tell people what’s happening.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

(edited by Palador.2170)

Anet you there?

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Really you should do a bit of online research before throwing out the blame hammer. This is a DDOS attack that is affecting many games. Not something A-Net has any control over.

Anet you there?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

We know EXACTLY what’s going on.

kitten Trolling is DDoS attacking the cloud server that GW2 (and many other games) use. There’s nothing A.net can do about it. It’s entirely a law enforcement (see also FBI) matter.

Anet you there?

Posted by: Orphan.6278

Orphan.6278

This isn’t arenanets fault.
They hire server hosts like most/all MMO’s such as WoW. In fact I believe ANet may use the same servers WoW does. Basically the servers are very reliable and are popular. The problem is lately the company who hosts the servers for games like GW2 and WoW have been victims of large DDoS attacks. You can thank hackers and kittens who assist them.

The only thing Anet could really consider is having another server provider or backup servers? Either way it’s a tough call. We gamers just have to stick it out while authorities try to figure out who is causing the DDoS attacks

My parents never loved me

Anet you there?

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Apparently, it’s a pretty big DDoS attack, and it’kittenting more than just GW2. There’s posts with more info in the bugs and tech parts of the forums, but that’s the basics of it.

There’s not much they can do about the attacks, but it would be nice if they would say SOMETHING. A nice red name post to draw everyone’s attention and tell people what’s happening.

All they are going to be able to say is that they are aware of the situation and are working on a fix. To come out and say <insert DDOS group name> name they are giving notice to the people that want to be noticed.

Anet you there?

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Really you should do a bit of online research before throwing out the blame hammer. This is a DDOS attack that is affecting many games. Not something A-Net has any control over.

im not throwing out the blame hammer just want them to tell us something

master jedi david

Anet you there?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I was going to ask the FBI to investigate this until the form asked me for so many personal details that I was like, nah not worth it.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Anet you there?

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

It’s a server attack. Its best they do not acknowledge it because that will probably bring more.

Anet you there?

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Do we really need six threads about this every night that it happens?

Anet you there?

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I was going to ask the FBI to investigate this until the form asked me for so many personal details that I was like, nah not worth it.

Don’t worry. Games are serious business. We are talking about huge companies here, I am sure they already called the feds.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Anet you there?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That’s why I want a red name post on it. So we don’t have all these threads showing up every night this happens.

I know that they can’t say much, but saying SOMETHING and telling everyone that it’s not something they can fix will help.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Anet you there?

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I dunno, the timing of a new match of EotM at this time every night seems coincidence witht eh connection issues?

Sincerly, Me.

Anet you there?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

yes, as many as it takes!! everyone needs to complain otherwise they’re never gonna do anything about it. I understand its not really their fault, but bottom line is this is a game that is wasting its players’ time!! This is unacceptable.. I’m going to stop logging on at night after reset at all, until they get off their kitten and do something about this.

Arun Kar

Anet you there?

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

until they get off their kitten and do something about this.

There’s nothing they can do. If you think the game needs to be moved to a different server, talk to NCSoft. If you think the server itself needs fixing so this stuff is prevented, talk to CloudFlare.

Raging at ANet about this is like watching TV at a friend’s and getting mad at him when the cable goes out and he can’t fix it. It’s out of their hands.

Anet you there?

Posted by: Robert.4197

Robert.4197

I just submitted a ticket a little bit ago, maybe I wouldn’t have had to if there was a little bit of communication.

Anet you there?

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

All they are going to be able to say is that they are aware of the situation and are working on a fix. To come out and say <insert DDOS group name> name they are giving notice to the people that want to be noticed.

Not sure they’re even are allowed to say any kind of group name as of now… So yeah, there’s really very little they can say or do atm