Angel Wings

Angel Wings

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

I missed purchasing the feathered wings, but is it possible for anet to design some really cool Angel wings in black and white that look more spread out like this, or even bring the old ones back?

Attachments:

Angel Wings

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I think you just want Misha to smile at you and call you silly names in his best Castiel voice. Come on, admit it. It’s what we all want, secretly.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Angel Wings

Posted by: Sayael.1836

Sayael.1836

Yes, sure. MORE wings. So if you have a Charr with you on a JP, in a dungeon or wherever, you will see even less of your character. :/ I feel like the Backitems are really going out of hand any everything goes to “The bigger, the better!” which imho is not a sign of quality content. I’d stick more tho lore-fitting content. Wings are something that was mostly associated with Dwayna, the human godess.
We already have like 5 wing-backpacks. And I’m sure they will release more but I also HOPE they will tune it down a little with all those obstructing backpieces. The first set of wings was horrible enough. :/

Angel Wings

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Aye, no more wings until we get an option to hide the other characters’ backpack.

Angel Wings

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Mmmm Castiel . . .

Angel Wings

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You mean you don’t like black and white fluffy blankets?!

Angel Wings

Posted by: Scerun.5834

Scerun.5834

My problem with wings is not their impracticality in JPs. I just think angel/demon wings are. so. awful.

it’s my understanding that they were adamant to avoid capes as back pieces because they were just too typical in RPG settings. But wings? my oh mighty my.

Sorry to derail your thread, but my wing-hate just cannot be contained

(edited by Scerun.5834)

Angel Wings

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

it’s my understanding that they were adamant to avoid capes as back pieces because they were just too typical in RPG settings. But wings? my oh might my.

They used capes in GW1. They didn’t for GW2 because charr (basically).

Angel Wings

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

My problem with wings is not their impracticality in JPs. I just think angel/demon wings are. so. awful.

it’s my understanding that they were adamant to avoid capes as back pieces because they were just too typical in RPG settings. But wings? my oh mighty my.

Sorry to derail your thread, but my wing-hate just cannot be contained

I so much agree.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Angel Wings

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think wings like the ones in the OP’s picture might actually be an improvement for people who don’t like wings. They’re mostly transparent so they might actually be less annoying than the ones we have now. Even if they were in the way you could still admire your character through them.

But I agree we have a lot of wings already and it’d be nice to have something else. I don’t know what though. We’ve got wings and quivers which as far as I remember were the two most requested before we started getting them. We’ve got actual backpacks (ranging from ye olde leather sacke to modern novelty fluffy animal ones and everything in between). We’ve got a whole variety of weird objects like plants and lamps and anvils and books and flags and tigers…

it’s my understanding that they were adamant to avoid capes as back pieces because they were just too typical in RPG settings. But wings? my oh might my.

They used capes in GW1. They didn’t for GW2 because charr (basically).

I thought the reason they avoided capes was because hanging cloth attached to a moving object is incredibly hard to animate realistically in modern games and can take a lot of processing power to show. (Especially when there are a lot of them around.)

In GW1 it didn’t matter that they basically moved like a sheet of cardboard because it was in-line with the animation in the rest of the game (which was pretty good for 2005), but in GW2 they’d have to do a lot better.

(And yes I know realistic capes can be done, and are when they have to be, the Arkham games are a good example of a recent game which had to have good cape physics. But my understanding is that unless it’s that essential to your character and your game it’s just not worth it.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”