Angry Joe About Heart of Thorns & Insights

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

AngryJoe GW2: Heart of Thorns Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG5oUKqbIVM

People have been asking and asking, “What is this expansion?” Now, I and many others been saying for awhile that these forums are a vacuum. We speak into them, but responses from Anet’s side have been pretty flat to utterly non-existence.

This is probably the best explanation of the expansion that we’ve heard. I think in the future if we want to ask for something from the Devs it ought to be like this. I imagine it will fly alot better with other players than the sinking insults and obscure statements we get from the Points of Interest.

Now, keep in mind Angry Joe is still a celebrity of his own sort in the gaming world. So, this is people of a class speaking to another of the same sort of class, they rank above us. We’re anonymous to the Devs. These two people are at the peak of their individual origins: Director and a big-head in Youtube Gaming spotlight. It comes back to ‘worthiness’ and the sort of attitude Anet has usually directed at us. They’ll speak to a face, but not to the crowd.

I’m sure there will be some lack-wit comments to follow below about what I’ve just said because a balanced and critical mind is hard to find on interweb forums, but this is the first real explanation of what’s going on in Anet, in the Expansion, and what we… the consumer… might expect from the what-is-it heading our way. I say what-is-it because I’ve learned if I say ’what’s it’ someone will assume I’m being inflammatory and then get inflammatory… giant waste of time.

So, for everyone hoping to find answers about this up-and-coming… something, now we sorta know the Devs have spoken to somebody anyway. And actually, it’s a good video. It’s a player and a Dev actually talking about the game. Anet will never be CCP, I think we’re just going to have to accept that. They’re weirdly anonymous about public contact and consumer contact. They’ll talk to a celebrity (Joe) or a camera (Points of Interests), but there really is no contact with the consumer. That’s Anet’s Monocle. It seems to be working for them, but I hope it’s not playing with fire.

EVE Monocle backlash article
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/07/monocles/

Now the long term thing to keep in mind with CCP is that they are a company that got all its money from computer gamers. Now suddenly they have made games Dust 514 and another is coming. Both games take place in the computer origin universe of EVE, but only cater to Playstation 3.

I think the thing to realize is that we are consumers. We’re more like a crop and these company’s farmers. Be very careful how much confidence can be really assured about their loyalties or friendliness.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

That video is over a month old. Most have already seen it.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

We get “sinking insults” from the points of interest? That’s news to me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Now, keep in mind Angry Joe is still a celebrity of his own sort in the gaming world. So, this is people of a class speaking to another of the same sort of class, they rank above us. We’re anonymous to the Devs. These two people are at the peak of their individual origins: Director and a big-head in Youtube Gaming spotlight. It comes back to ‘worthiness’ and the sort of attitude Anet has usually directed at us. They’ll speak to a face, but not to the crowd.

And this is really the only thing that gets me angry about this entire game series.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I watched the video of Angry Joe: if you listen carefuly, he say he does not play Guild Wars 2 and that he need to be convinced to buy next expansion. i am sure he read the forum and have negative experience in the game because he already quit the game. That is not a good sign at all.

It connect the same experience with CCP: Eve.

" We really do create the EVE universe in partnership with the players " – Comapany working with their players.

In result when company work with their players-

“For the moment, at least, the EVE galaxy is a little calmer. The fans are placated, and the developer learned more about its user base” .

Something happend inside CCP company: couple of important people decided to go against working with the company players. The players noticed it and went against it by many ways: the most was by them leaving: quitting the game.

Read this: Quote

“Reasons why customers leave”

1.Lack of Anticipation

“Severe competition forces companies to be on their toes when it comes to meeting the needs of their current clients. Customers can always discover a new need they didn’t even know they had and then leave for your competitor.”

2. Bad Customer Service

“When your clients call or email you for inquiries or help, do they wait excessively before being served? Is the customer relations department courteous and patient with clients? Many clients would prefer to leave and incur a higher expense with a competitor than repeatedly feel unattended to. Customer service: it has to be as good as it can be and has to place meeting customer needs as its core priority.”

3. Limited Products and Services

“Smaller companies may not offer all the bells and whistles that larger businesses do. Even if a client does not necessarily need every service being offered by a competitor, they may leave you none the less. A more extensive product and service offering can attract more clients.”

4. Not Listening to the Client

“In anticipating our client needs, we sometimes forget that it is also vital to listen to what the clients are telling us.”

5. Over Promise and Under Deliver

“This is a big one. Increasing a customers expectations before the sale may result in their dissatisfaction afterwards.”

6. Nothing Works

“Have you ever been to a website and the links do not work? Does your product tend to need repair or worse, replacement, far too often? For a customer, getting the impression (whether deserved or not) that nothing ever is working the way it should be will make them more amenable to competitor solicitations.”

7. Too Many Complications

“Customers should not have barriers placed before them or made to jump through the proverbial hoop every time they want to make you money, which is basically what they are doing when they use your service”

8. Lack of Incentives and Appreciation

“Sometimes, a client wants to feel valued. A well thought out incentive program can help in customer retention by offering recognition and tangible benefits.

Losing customers to your competition is a fact of business life. The trick is: try not to willingly give your customers any reasons for leaving."

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There were several interviews done at that time, and they each could/can be found on YouTube or other places around the internet. I’m not sure Angry Joe’s was any ‘better’ than any of the others, as far as information released.

I can only suggest the OP investigate all the information released at that time, as many ‘celebrities’ were invited to ArenaNet Headquarters for this information dump.

Good luck.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

This is by far the best interview regarding Heart of Thorns. I also like how he addressed the complaints of the community regarding the necromancer; he was obviously well informed. I do not like the answers to it that he received though. It doesn’t sound like Anet takes the issues with the necromancer class as serious as I would have hoped. Heart of Thorns will need to be really good to win me over.

Currently my reasons for leaving the game are:

-The necromancer (my favorite class) is broken and neglected (Joe brought this up)
-Classes are completely unbalanced in PVE in general
-Control and support are undeveloped and neglected, in favor of DPS
-Stacking and zerker/DPS dominate the game (Glad Joe addressed this)
-Missing character development, very little depth in character builds
-Bad, over-simplified combat system, which also lacks depth
-The game has no actual dungeons, just long corridors where you don’t explore
-The game has no rewards, just merchant fodder. Nothing that you’d want to equip on your character, or would look forward to when you open a chest.
-The US/EU server split, means not being able to play with dozens of my GW1 friends.
-Defiant

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

This is by far the best interview regarding Heart of Thorns. I also like how he addressed the complaints of the community regarding the necromancer; he was obviously well informed.

Of course, he was well informed. A few days before the interview he asked here in the GW2 Forum what we think he should ask in the interview.

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

This is by far the best interview regarding Heart of Thorns. I also like how he addressed the complaints of the community regarding the necromancer; he was obviously well informed.

Of course, he was well informed. A few days before the interview he asked here in the GW2 Forum what we think he should ask in the interview.

Dont forget, a lot of times companies want a submitted questionaire, and then they pick and choose which questions they will or will not answer. And throwing a fit about it could lead to no interview.

IMO, people are more annoyed at no more important information, like profession changes, specializations, etc, and instead getting background on new races. I’m just as annoyed, but at the same time, they could be trying to save time and money, cause no NDA when people get into the ACTUAL beta (and not server load testing). So all info will be dispersed by players themselves.

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

This is by far the best interview regarding Heart of Thorns. I also like how he addressed the complaints of the community regarding the necromancer; he was obviously well informed. I do not like the answers to it that he received though. It doesn’t sound like Anet takes the issues with the necromancer class as serious as I would have hoped. Heart of Thorns will need to be really good to win me over.

-The necromancer (my favorite class) is broken and neglected (Joe brought this up)
-The game has no rewards, just merchant fodder. Nothing that you’d want to equip on your character, or would look forward to when you open a chest.
-The US/EU server split, means not being able to play with dozens of my GW1 friends.
-Defiant

- In PvE, yes, it needs some group utility, and prolly some more AoE
- Classes in PvE are pretty well balanced compared to most games. You can bring any profession with a good build to a dungeon and it’ll be a near meta group.
- Most ‘meta’ builds arent pure dps, they bring control/support with their dps. ie: blinds, stack removal, stability, icebow, reflects, cleanses, stealths, might, vulns, banners, EA, spotter, frost spirit, instant-rez; its a pretty big list.
- Stacking does not dominate PvE, melee does. You may be thinking about wall stacking which is a product of FGS, and only uninformed pug groups still do this because they dont know any better.
- If you mean build options that are considered ‘good’, most professions have plenty of trait options they can move around and still be competitive. Many have entirely separate builds even. Its more versatile than other MMOs out there. We can even change our traits/weapons between encounters. In HoT we’re getting specializations which one can only assume will deepen our choices.
- Bad combat system.. ok. I think most people that play this game consider the combat system one of its greatest assets. Its action-oriented, not just standing still and hitting a rotation of 20 abilities at max range.
-Not even sure what this means… game has lots of dungeons with story modes, multiple explore modes, many of which are filled with optional bosses/champions (even if some of’m are often skipped, they’re still there)
-I agree/disagree with the rewards thing. Theres obviously the good/rare rewards but they’re doused in a sea of salvage. However, without those said drops, we’d be left only getting those rare once in a blue moon drops like in other games. Most of the fancier skins you work for and use the MF, which honestly beats pure random chance.
-In dungeons I dont mind it, its not a bad system, especially with coordinated groups and a good thief. In open world its a bit silly to see mobs with 80 stacks. They are revamping this for HoT though.

Overall everything you posted is very very very uninformed nonsense. Either that or you’re trolling hard and I bit.

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

-Defiant

^This

These 2 are the main reason I pretty much quit PvE

PvE right now is just about stacking and spamming 12345, the utilities are most condi cleanse and area buffs, sometimes a reflect or a stealth skill comes to play.

Once you reach lvl 80 PvE becomes a huge gold farming game, and I feel ppl just run the dungeons because its a less boring type of farming.

Angry Joes does say he left the game about 2 years ago, if you think, what did he lose, you realise he “lost” just a few skins, most of them he can buy on tp or get from PvP reward tracks.

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

- If you mean build options that are considered ‘good’, most professions have plenty of trait options they can move around and still be competitive. Many have entirely separate builds even. Its more versatile than other MMOs out there. We can even change our traits/weapons between encounters. In HoT we’re getting specializations which one can only assume will deepen our choices.

That is not what I meant, I meant depth. I like tweaking my characters, switching out different weapon types, different accessories, armor, belts, rings, necklaces, trinkets. I like trying different abilities, skills, feats, enhancements, specializations. There’s very little in GW2 to tinker around with.

You basically have a skill bar, half of which is fixed (in contrast to GW1), one profession (in contrast to GW1), a few weapon sets, one armor set with 3 accessories, and a few traits. That is not enough for me. The armor and weapons do not allow for enough variety, in contrast to other MMO’s.

- Bad combat system.. ok. I think most people that play this game consider the combat system one of its greatest assets. Its action-oriented, not just standing still and hitting a rotation of 20 abilities at max range.

An action oriented combat system that is not well thought out, is still a bad combat system. You basically have a combat system where instead of standing still and whacking things, you are moving around and whacking things. I want more strategy out of my combat. I also can clearly see that a majority of the mechanics are not well thought out, and do not have a purpose. Conditions and control skills are pretty pointless in normal PVE (because it is so easy), and rendered useless against bosses (due to immunities and Defiant). That is inconsistent. You basically have a game that has a strong bias against the core game mechanics that a few classes are specialized in. That is terrible design. What makes it worse is the fact that positioning is discouraged, due to enemies turning invulnerable when you have a height advantage. This eliminates a huge potential for interesting combat, that even a game like GW1 (with no Z-axis) made use of.

-Not even sure what this means… game has lots of dungeons with story modes, multiple explore modes, many of which are filled with optional bosses/champions (even if some of’m are often skipped, they’re still there)

My standards for dungeons are higher. I want more than just a corridor where you walk from A to B, with one poorly designed boss at the end that has a ton of hit points (so it quickly outstays its welcome), and has no phases (so the fight becomes tedious fast). I like exploring. I like obstacles and traps. Heck, I even like swimming sections. And I like encountering a junction every now and then.

-I agree/disagree with the rewards thing. Theres obviously the good/rare rewards but they’re doused in a sea of salvage. However, without those said drops, we’d be left only getting those rare once in a blue moon drops like in other games. Most of the fancier skins you work for and use the MF, which honestly beats pure random chance.

How about getting rewards that you would consider equipping? In GW2 you can be 99% sure that you will not be equipping anything that drops from any chest. I do not feel excited when I open a boss chest, because there is nothing in there that I would want.

-In dungeons I dont mind it, its not a bad system

YES IT IS. A system that renders control skills useless, when it should be encouraging strategic use of control skills, is a bad system. Who bothers to use control skills on bosses in dungeons? Does anyone? I rest my case.

Anet is not just replacing the Defiant system because everyone is whining about it. They are also replacing it because it is objectively a system that doesn’t work well. They are fixing something that never really worked well.

Overall everything you posted is very very very uninformed nonsense. Either that or you’re trolling hard and I bit.

This always seems to be the first point that people on a forum jump to when ever they disagree, or do not understand someone’s points. I don’t get it, or I don’t agree, so this person must be trolling. I’m not trolling. I’m dead serious. I haven’t touched this game in over a month.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: zcearo.1897

zcearo.1897

there is very little wrong with necromancers that L2P wont fix .
this forums members with woe is me anet sux attitudes is gw2s biggest problem .
angry joe dosn’t play gw2 since 2 years and never did any living story ? he is a news outlet that was used for his audience , not an expert , and not an ace reporter that got the scoop .
the interview dosn’t have any info that wasn’t on arena nets own info pages .

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en/?_ga=1.173343590.454885734.1402441493

(edited by zcearo.1897)

Cbomb.4310

That is not what I meant, I meant depth. I like tweaking my characters, switching out different weapon types, different accessories, armor, belts, rings, necklaces, trinkets. I like trying different abilities, skills, feats, enhancements, specializations. There’s very little in GW2 to tinker around with.

You basically have a skill bar, half of which is fixed (in contrast to GW1), one profession (in contrast to GW1), a few weapon sets, one armor set with 3 accessories, and a few traits. That is not enough for me. The armor and weapons do not allow for enough variety, in contrast to other MMO’s.

You can swap weapons? You’re often encouraged to.
GW1 also had a horrible time balancing all that, which I believe was one of your original uninformed points. Regardless, you’re encouraged to swap our utilities/weapons/traits based on encounters on a regular basis in good groups.
I dont understand the armor/accessories complaint either. Its about the same as every other RPG thats ever existed.

- I think most people that play this game consider the combat system one of its greatest assets…

An action oriented combat system that is not well thought out … Conditions and control skills are pretty pointless in normal PVE (because it is so easy), and rendered useless against bosses (due to immunities and Defiant). That is inconsistent. You basically have a game that has a strong bias against the core game mechanics that a few classes are specialized in. That is terrible design. What makes it worse is the fact that positioning is discouraged, due to enemies turning invulnerable when you have a height advantage. This eliminates a huge potential for interesting combat, that even a game like GW1 (with no Z-axis) made use of.

If you dont enjoy the combat system thats fair but again, the combat system in GW2 is very largely accepted as one of it’s greatest assets. Its almost too good because where their combat system is amazing their AI has difficulties competing on the same lvl as good players. Control skills are also far from pointless, they just require coordinated groups. Conditions like blind/vuln stacking/ and even padding with bleeds are useful.
The invulnerable thing was added in later to counter exploits where people would stand on some rock somewhere to avoid attacks and auto a boss down. Bosses that somehow do the same thing to us would be.. interesting, but again, I think thats more a lack of AI and their fix is good enough for now

My standards for dungeons are higher…

I think the only thing GW2 dungeons are, are short. Which isnt a bad thing. It means you can log on and only do 1-2 dungeons, or do a marathon in a few hours. Other games would require an hour of commitment for a single dungeon. Usually with far less gained from it. Point A to B is.. pretty much every dungeon in every MMO, I dont understand what you’re getting at. GW2 dungeons have things to explore, obstacles, traps, underwater sections, junctions.. I feel like you have a very narrow experience of them.

How about getting rewards that you would consider equipping? In GW2 you can be 99% sure that you will not be equipping anything that drops from any chest. I do not feel excited when I open a boss chest, because there is nothing in there that I would want.

You dont equip them because you likely have your best rewards already equipped. The game is linear progression. Thats been known since its inception. The game is cosmetic. Things that have worth are worth something because they have a special skin or they’re a component to a larger effort for a special skin.

-In dungeons I dont mind it, its not a bad system

YES IT IS. A system that renders control skills useless, when it should be encouraging strategic use of control skills, is a bad system. Who bothers to use control skills on bosses in dungeons? Does anyone? I rest my case.

icebow 5 to interrupt huge attack / frozen, thief spam 3-4, icebow 5 again interrupt huge attack / frozen. Its used very constantly as just 1 example.

Anet is not just replacing the Defiant system because everyone is whining about it. They are also replacing it because it is objectively a system that doesn’t work well. They are fixing something that never really worked well.

I think they’re reworking the system so it can be used without as much coordination, so people can more easily see the effects. In open world the sheer amount of stacks makes it unmanageable atm

This always seems to be the first point that people on a forum jump to..

If you insist you’re not trolling, thats fair. But most of what you’ve said ranges from outdated to likely very uninformed.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

You can swap weapons? You’re often encouraged to.
GW1 also had a horrible time balancing all that, which I believe was one of your original uninformed points. Regardless, you’re encouraged to swap our utilities/weapons/traits based on encounters on a regular basis in good groups.
I dont understand the armor/accessories complaint either. Its about the same as every other RPG thats ever existed.

So you basically don’t understand my entire argument. What I mean is that there is extremely little to tweak about your character. In comparison to other MMO’s, the skill bar and trait system do very little to set your character apart from other characters of the same class. I like to have more numbers to fiddle around with. The system that is in place now is extremely simplified and shallow. It doesn’t allow for interesting combinations, like for example in GW1, or DDO.

Control skills are also far from pointless, they just require coordinated groups.

Against bosses perhaps. But in open world PVE, it is far more effective to just spam attacks on enemies. You don’t need to use control skills. Against bosses on the other hand, in the same time that you are coordinating control skills with your group, you could also be spamming DPS on the boss. The only difference is that the boss dies faster with the DPS approach, so that it is pretty much the default approach for almost any group. Again, no thought was put into how control skills and conditions fit into this system.

GW2’s combat is only good, due to the mobility of your character while casting spells, and the ability to roll around. But other than that, none of the foes you face in PVE have interesting builds, nor require interesting strategies. They don’t require you to adapt your build. You can pretty much just spam your attacks to victory, without even glancing on the screen, with most battles in the game.

Conditions like blind/vuln stacking/ and even padding with bleeds are useful.

Until you hit the condition cap, which in large scale battles is instant. Or unless you face enemies that have resistance to conditions, or are completely immune to them. Overall it doesn’t seem like the designers put a whole lot of thought into how these mechanics function in actual combat.

The invulnerable thing was added in later to counter exploits where people would stand on some rock somewhere to avoid attacks and auto a boss down. Bosses that somehow do the same thing to us would be.. interesting, but again, I think thats more a lack of AI and their fix is good enough for now[/b]

It’s not a fix, it’s a flaw.

And its not just bosses that turn invulnerable, its every enemy in the game. Why should some dumb low level Skale or Drake turn invulnerable because he can’t reach me? Just let that thing die, who cares? If I have a bow or a staff, I should simply be able to rain death and destruction on that thing. But I can’t. So I have to get on equal level with my foes, in order for my ranged weapon to work. That is dumb.

Point A to B is.. pretty much every dungeon in every MMO, I dont understand what you’re getting at. GW2 dungeons have things to explore, obstacles, traps, underwater sections, junctions.. I feel like you have a very narrow experience of them.

Real dungeons split into dozens of directions. They have other rooms to explore, with rewards at the end and secret rooms too. GW2 does not have any of that. I don’t know what game you have been playing, but GW2’s dungeons don’t have that at all.

Dungeon in GW2: https://amateurguildwars2.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/se-full-map.jpg

Dungeon in GW1: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/4/4d/Sorrow%27s_Furnace_map_clean.jpg

Dungeon in DDO: https://warriorsofvalhalladdo.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/pit-map.jpg

Note that GW2 is a linear path from A to B. But most dungeons in GW1 or DDO are branching paths. That is what I’m getting at.

You dont equip them because you likely have your best rewards already equipped. The game is linear progression. Thats been known since its inception. The game is cosmetic. Things that have worth are worth something because they have a special skin or they’re a component to a larger effort for a special skin.

However, most skins are in the gem store. So again, what rewards are there to look forward to? Just chests filled with salvage trash.

icebow 5 to interrupt huge attack / frozen, thief spam 3-4, icebow 5 again interrupt huge attack / frozen. Its used very constantly as just 1 example.

That’s just Icebow spamming. Icebow has been overpowered since release. That is not a good example of clever use of control skills.

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Did you really just say Necro needs more AoE? I’m sorry, but I can’t take anything else you say seriously.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Cbomb.4310

You can swap weapons?

" So you basically don’t understand my entire argument. "

— Yes, thats what a question mark means. But.. from what you responded with, I think I understood it just fine.
Most MMOs have just as shallow of a skill tree and several games have attempted to make them less shallow versions of this over simply ‘x trait’ does more damage. Some with better or worse results but its all the same.

But.. that conflicts with so much of what you say too. You want ‘more things to fiddle with’ on gear but when it comes to traits you want them to be less shallow? Its the same thing. You min/max your character. If you’re as experienced as you think you are, you’d understand that it always comes down to that.

Control skills are also far from pointless, they just require coordinated groups.

" Against bosses perhaps. But in open world PVE, it is far more effective to just spam attacks on enemies. "

— lol.. You’ve ranted about how something ‘has no uses’ but I mention 1 and how its had consistent uses in casual runs and even record runs and you rant about how its OP and for some reason dosnt count. Which is it, no uses or OP? Get out of here!

You also dropped talking about dungeons to slip in ‘open world’ content. Both very different environments. You’re kinda flip flopping…
Open world is all about staying alive and tagging as much as you can. Most games dont even have this kind of content and those that do operate pretty much the same way. If you were talking about open PvE this whole time, it also contradicts your issues with builds/gear as well since those things are hardly as important in the open

" …none of the foes you face in PVE have interesting builds, nor require interesting strategies. They don’t require you to adapt your build. You can pretty much just spam your attacks to victory, without even glancing on the screen, with most battles in the game. "

— Interesting builds on foes? As far as I know, they dont have builds. They’re monsters with their own scripted attacks. Interesting strats? I guess if you have a very dull idea of ‘interesting’ sure, but my guess is that you have very mediocre > slow dungeon trains if you dont see value in most of the speed strats. You say you dont even glance on the screen so.. I think that alone speaks volumes about your expertise in this matter.

(edited by Cbomb.4310)

Cbomb.4310

Conditions

“Until you hit the condition cap, which in large scale battles is instant”

— Again, you’re flip flopping. Comparing open world to dungeons and back.
In dungeons hitting vuln cap is a very good thing, its IDEAL. Blind is a vastly useful condition all over the game open and dungeon. Burning is a great condition for power builds as its bottomline is the highest damaging of condis outside condi builds. Weakness is amazing in dungeons, especially places like fractals. Poison can have its place if you’re fighting bosses that heal, but its more of a pvp condi. Confusion/torment/fear are so clearly pvp condis as well. To make them useful you’d have to have mobs running around spamming abilities at nobody while simultaneously making it more difficult for everyone else to hit them. Its ridiculous. They’re not bad condis, they’re just designed for pvp. Most power builds apply damage conditions in them. Engineer (one of the higher dps professions) typically does several thousand dps in condis. If you’re hitting bleed caps in your group, someone is likely not running an optimal build, or you’re running an un-optimal group comp. For someone that supposedly loves the min/maxing you should actually be into this!

The invulnerable thing

“It’s not a fix, it’s a flaw”

— Its a fix to a flaw.
AI definitely needs work in this game, but its a weird point for the guy advocating ‘no CC just 12345 everything’ who also needs to stand on a rock in order to kill skales and drakes.

Point A to B is.. pretty much every dungeon in every MMO

“Real dungeons split into dozens of directions”

— Oh! REAL dungeons. My Bad, I thought you were talking about fake imaginary dungeons.

Just to name a few, though I’m expecting the ‘but that dosnt count’ treatment like with icebows – lol.

Guessing you never saw the ceiling cat and face rooms hidden in CM
Guessing you never saw the hidden turkey room in AC
Most dungeons have rooms with levers and mini events you have to go into, or rooms you dont even need to go into but can feel free to explore. Heck, most of the speed clear stuff was only found because people explored around and found out neat tricks.
The explore paths are also part of the same dungeon. When you pick 1, it opens up that portion of it. The entirety of the map is actually very complex.

You dont equip them because you likely have your best rewards already equipped.

“However, most skins are in the gem store”

— Riiiight. You need to stop using absolutes in your arguments. You could say ‘most of the skins I like are in the gemstore’ for example, but saying ‘most skins are in the gem store’ is a ridiculous statement that dosnt even come close to being truthful.

Plenty of things you get from drops are worth a decent amount of money. Usually from extracted crafting materials, runes/sigils, ectos, T3-6 mats, or just flat selling yellows/oranges. Cores/lodestones and their lesser cousins. And then theres those nice oranges weapons with their own unique skins that are worth more than average. Thats like.. most of what you get in this game as loot. If you’re crafting ascended still, you still need that crafting material. If you’re trying for X special weapon either a MF wapon or a full legendary, there are places with higher odds on the lodestones/cores you need; higher odds on T6 you need. Will you get some awesome drop from a chest? Prolly not. If you and everyone did, it wouldnt BE an awesome drop. Thats how every game is. The only difference here, is we get all that other ‘fluff’ to help us on our way towards that next big weapon.

Cbomb.4310

Did you really just say Necro needs more AoE? I’m sorry, but I can’t take anything else you say seriously.

1 well and 1 DS ability are their main PvE aoes. Both long CDs. Everyting else is very minor or single target (which is also on the weak-side)

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

1 well and 1 DS ability are their main PvE aoes. Both long CDs. Everyting else is very minor or single target (which is also on the weak-side)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necrotic_Grasp + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mark_of_Blood (4 3/4 cd traited)

Don’t make me create an AoE build for necro, no one actually cares about damage on PvE, only tagging foes. And if it’s a dungeon you have more things to worry about than bringing a ton of AoE skills…

I can’t take anything else you say seriously.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

(edited by ghost.3208)

Cbomb.4310

Ya, I meant dungeons… PvE to me typically means dungeons, since open world you can bring whatever crap you want.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

It doesn’t take a big long post to point out why Anet is terrible at managing the playerbase and it’s game. Wow has like 10 million gamers. FFXIV has 4 millon. How many does GW2 have? Oh, thats right…they won’t tell us. pffft… GW2 is no longer a game people spend money on. It is a game we play because we had a good feeling about their initial development cycle that will bring back nostalgia for years to come.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Khalisto.5780

It doesn’t take a big long post to point out why Anet is terrible at managing the playerbase and it’s game. Wow has like 10 million gamers. FFXIV has 4 millon. How many does GW2 have? Oh, thats right…they won’t tell us. pffft… GW2 is no longer a game people spend money on. It is a game we play because we had a good feeling about their initial development cycle that will bring back nostalgia for years to come.

You are not allowed to talk this way about my game, it hurts my fanboy’s feelings. Game is perfect if you desagree with me you wrong, bring any known facts to the table and I will answer you with fanboyness and nonsense.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I’m not hopeful from what was said in the interview. The expansion “improvements” just sounds like more hoops to jump through.

Plus, The things this game needs improving on were not really mentioned like Loot, bad FPS / lag, and the camera.

If they don’t make the game worth playing why buy an expansion?

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

^
I was so hoping for more, different weapons and combo sets, skills, challenging content.

It just isn’t there, they would have brought it up if it was.

Like was said, they have decided to make more hoops to jump through. I’m not excited anymore.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Now, keep in mind Angry Joe is still a celebrity of his own sort in the gaming world.

Lol. A gaming celebrity. That ranks somewhere on the celebrity scale between a popular game show contestant and a local radio DJ.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

This fluff-piece video was already posted here a while ago. Too bad it wasn’t a real Angry Joe interview.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Video-Angry-Joe-GW2-HoT-Interview/first#post4854051

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I’m not hopeful from what was said in the interview. The expansion “improvements” just sounds like more hoops to jump through.

Your probably right. Sorry to say! :/

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Group PVE in this game is completely woeful, unless people consciously decide to ignore the rules (even if that is less efficient) and freestyle.

Then it’s fine.

Something majorly wrong, somewhere…

If you watch Angry Joe’s original review of GW2, he gave it 10/10 and showed himself playing a dungeon, with his friends.

They weren’t stacking and his char was rolling around in his underpants, as all his armour had broken, but he was clearly having fun.

That is how it should have continued to be.

It should not have been possible to realise that favouring certain classes, builds and melee weaps and then stacking against the wall permanently was the “answer”; as that “answer” was to remove all the fun.

A game should not try to discourage fun and make you an unpopular rebel for trying to have some, anyway.

Enough of that kind of thing IRL…

Get rid of the stacking for buffs, make all classes and builds equally viable, make ranged weapons equally viable and try to bring some value back to support roles.

Then we might be back to a half-decent game and Angry Joe and his friends may feel tempted to roll around in dungeons, again.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

A game should not try to discourage fun and make you an unpopular rebel for trying to have some, anyway.

Its not the game that trys to discourage .. it are the players .. or a part of them.
Those players that dont care about metas and how to do the fastest speedrun
mostly still have fun.
The players that find out how to run the fastest have maybe also their sort of
fun.
The problem are those that only blindly follow them, and often even don’t really
understand what they do .. and then try to force everybody else into what they
think is the only good way to play. Hey .. there are even players out there that
think 4 warriors is the best to have.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

SHM.7628

Its not the game that trys to discourage .. it are the players .. or a part of them.
mostly still have fun.
fun.
The problem are those that only blindly follow them, and often even don’t really
think is the only good way to play. Hey .. there are even players out there that

I see your point, but the game itself prepetuates that behavior. It’s kitten near impossible to get loot. So what do people do? they just speed run and do world bosses with chests exclusively.

This kind of reminds me of the game early on when you had to karma grind to get your exotic armor. People started camping out events. Ironicly they added DR to combat that before they woke up and added jugs of karma to compensate for the problem.

Now they are funneling everyone into fractals and silver wastes. I just don’t want to be bothered with fractals. (more hoops) Silver wastes could actually be some fun if I was getting more that 12 FPS. Their solution? Throw everyone into maguuma for an expansion and make more hoops to jump through. Eh, no thanks.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Haven’t played a lot of necro have you? Staff autoattack pierces by default and the staff marks are nothing to sneeze at. And there are 2 DS skills that AOE DPS and DS autoattack can be traited to pierce as well.

Suffice to say, necro isn’t lacking on the AoE DPS front, not to say necro is not lacking in other areas in terms of balance, such as single target DPS, reflections and general usefulness in dungeons compared to other classes. Even ranger isnt shunned as badly in dungeons thanks to rapid shot buff.

That being said, I really like GW2 action orientated combat and the dodging. Clicking on 20 (or even more) abilities seems to be a bit tedious.

I am kind of worried they will charge >$35 for the expansion. For what I can tell its not kitten expansion worth of content. I dont mind being proved wrong however.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

SHM.7628

Your probably right. Sorry to say! :/

I’m sorry to say it too. I like the game but I can’t deny it’s been mishandled

Colin said in the interview that the community wanted harder content and we heard them. Sure there is a subset of players who will only be pleased by an insane difficulty. I don’t feel that difficulty is the crux of the problem.

I admit the world bosses are easy because you funnel everyone in PVE to chest events. Its the only way loot drops (and scarcely even from chests)

The complaint about no endgame was similarly handled. There’s no end game = lets give them hoops to jump through like changing trait aquisition. I see it coming in the expansion. get to area A+ unlock skill B + jump through puzzle C = then you can kill boss D. Then do it all again for each toon. No Thanks

SHM.7628

Joe went from giving the game a 10 rating to not playing at all for 2 years. That speaks louder than anything that was said in the interview.

Joe did the interview because it was good for Joe. He was coridial and polite because the interview was good for him to get. He did ask a few good questions. This was not Angry Joe though. He held back a lot. This was a plug for Anet’s new expansion.

I’m sure there were tons more questions he would have liked to ask. I’d like to ask Joe some questions:

What broke the game for you?

What made the game go from a 10 rating to a 2 year absence?

SHM.7628

BTW, I found it hilarious that Joe repeatedly called the game hearts of thorn. Yeah, he’s real invested in the expansion! :P

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Of course at the beginning Joe is gonna give it a rating of 10. He was not the only one. We all did. On it’s surface, graphics & smooth animation & lots of other reasons. & No Monthly FEE! This game did deserve it’s praise.

But as weeks pass by, rating went down & you loose lots of players such as the Angry Army. With in the year, not only bugs & problems surfaced that was not addressed or handled properly. But gamers discovered that the game it’ self wasn’t as exiting as they thought. It lacks alote!!!!!

Ps: What about at PAX when they announced the release of HOT. Everyone was happy about it. But no one was over exited & most comments went from meh to well looks like fun but nothing to exiting came about. So yeah Anet, i got my doubts about you.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Joe went from giving the game a 10 rating to not playing at all for 2 years. That speaks louder than anything that was said in the interview.

Joe did the interview because it was good for Joe. He was coridial and polite because the interview was good for him to get. He did ask a few good questions. This was not Angry Joe though. He held back a lot. This was a plug for Anet’s new expansion.

I’m sure there were tons more questions he would have liked to ask. I’d like to ask Joe some questions:

I guess more that Joe in generall don’t really is the kind of guy that plays just
a single MMO for long time. He makes tests of other MMOs and even
single player games all the time, so i guess he really even has the time to
concentrate for longer on something like an MMO.

However thats just based on my own personal behaviour. If i play an MMO i
really only play that game, and nothing else.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Khalisto.5780

If you watch carefully you’ll see that Colin is very excited talking about the features and things, while Joe just shakes his head in agreement and says “uhum” most of the times, theres only 1 or 2 topics he seem to find decent the whole interview. That’s kinda the way a feel too, I dont see how PvE can be “saved” with the current combat system. Let’s say they improve the AI decently, the game will change from the zerker stack to condi kiting around, will it be harder? Prolly. Will it be fun? I doubt. From what I can see PvE is a huge farming tool for like 70% of the players, and ppl just run dungeons because its a less braindead way to farm, less efficient tho, if the game gets harder, and a 6 mins CoF turn into a 15+ run, CoE goes from 12 min to a 25+ min run, I honestly dont see ppl playing this content anymore, it becomes too bad of a farm.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I mean, sure. You could get his opinion. But, like, why do you care? You’ve actually played the game yourself, presumably at some length. You should have been able to form your own opinions by now. Reviews are only useful if you haven’t done that for yourself yet.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

But.. that conflicts with so much of what you say too. You want ‘more things to fiddle with’ on gear but when it comes to traits you want them to be less shallow? Its the same thing.

I don’t see how those two statements are in conflict with each other. Yes, I like tweaking my characters, and yes I feel the current trait system lacks depth. I don’t see the contradiction.

You min/max your character. If you’re as experienced as you think you are, you’d understand that it always comes down to that.

I never made any statements about how experienced I am, I’ll let other people do that for me. And I also don’t see why it would be relevant to the discussion.

— lol.. You’ve ranted about how something ‘has no uses’ but I mention 1 and how its had consistent uses in casual runs and even record runs and you rant about how its OP and for some reason dosnt count. Which is it, no uses or OP? Get out of here!

That was not what I said at all. I said Icebow is an OP skill that gets spammed around for the DPS, not because of the control functionality. Both with bosses in dungeons and in over world PVE, control skills are pretty useless. They are basically a slower way to kill a boss, when they should have a place in the combat system. Currently they don’t.

You also dropped talking about dungeons to slip in ‘open world’ content. Both very different environments. You’re kinda flip flopping…

I’ve been discussing PVE in general, which concerns both dungeons and open world. That’s not flip flopping, that’s on topic. If I start discussing pvp, then I would be flip flopping.

Just a reminder, I started this discussion with describing why I find PVE lacking. What disappoints me, and what I feel needs to be improved. I bought up the combat system in general, and that kind of touches on both open world AND dungeons.

If you were talking about open PvE this whole time, it also contradicts your issues with builds/gear as well since those things are hardly as important in the open

They should be!

— Interesting builds on foes? As far as I know, they dont have builds.

Then I rest my case on that subject. Because they should.

They’re monsters with their own scripted attacks. Interesting strats? I guess if you have a very dull idea of ‘interesting’ sure,

Wait, you’re saying that you’d find it more dull if monsters required a strategy? I don’t get that at all. I haven’t even proposed an example, yet you dismiss the concept of monsters requiring any strategy right out the door? Don’t you think you’re being a little bit close minded?

but my guess is that you have very mediocre > slow dungeon trains if you dont see value in most of the speed strats. You say you dont even glance on the screen so.. I think that alone speaks volumes about your expertise in this matter.

That’s not what I said. I said that you don’t need to look at the screen for most of the fights, and can randomly mash buttons to victory, especially in open world pve. Many MMO’s require the player to pay a little bit more attention than that, including GW1.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

— Again, you’re flip flopping. Comparing open world to dungeons and back.

No, I’m discussing combat in general, and are covering both instances in PVE where combat is relevant. That is still perfectly on topic. Unless you do not know what flip flopping means.

Confusion/torment/fear are so clearly pvp condis as well. To make them useful you’d have to have mobs running around spamming abilities at nobody while simultaneously making it more difficult for everyone else to hit them.

Really? I can tell you spend a lot of time thinking that over.

Its ridiculous. They’re not bad condis, they’re just designed for pvp.

They shouldn’t be, and that’s not how they are intended. More than half the players play the game for its PVE.

For someone that supposedly loves the min/maxing you should actually be into this!

Its incredibly boring. This is not the sort of min maxing that I would get any enjoyment out of. It’s basically a matter of equipping armor with the the right runes and inscriptions, and picking a trait that affects your bleeding. There, done.

I like picking character enhancements from enhancement trees, tweaking the details to make my necro unique from any other necro with the same skill bar. But it feels like all I’m tweaking, is 4 skills. There is a profound lack of depth and enjoyment to GW2’s build variety. Plus a ton of traits don’t even work right, or are useless. And lets not forget that there are very few skills, and very few traits to choose from too. It is a very limited selection, plus we don’t have dual professions any more. So it’s a bare bone system that we’re left with. That is not enough to keep me interested.

AI definitely needs work in this game, but its a weird point for the guy advocating ‘no CC just 12345 everything’ who also needs to stand on a rock in order to kill skales and drakes.

I see you do not understand my point that using vantage points would actually add an extra dimension of strategy to the combat, rather than all the 12345 that we have now. It is like the game encourages players to go into melee range, and then roll their head across their keyboard. All it takes is to make monsters not go invulnerable, and I would already have a reason to carefully choose my attack position. Think of how much more fun it would be to wield a bow, if you actually got to use a height advantage!

Guessing you never saw the ceiling cat and face rooms hidden in CM

That was a bit of discarded content that is not intended to be accessible for regular players.

Guessing you never saw the hidden turkey room in AC

There is no reason to go to that room. Its an Easter egg, not an actual part of the dungeon that you are encouraged to explore.

Most dungeons have rooms with levers and mini events you have to go into, or rooms you dont even need to go into but can feel free to explore.

No, most of them don’t. Apart from AC, I don’t know that many dungeons in GW2 that feature levers at all.

Besides, a dead end with nothing in it is not an extra part of the dungeon you are free to explore. If it is, your standards for dungeon design are incredibly low.

The entirety of the map is actually very complex.

It would be, if the paths weren’t all blocked off. And because the paths are all blocked off, all you are left with is a long winding corridor that takes you from point A to point B, just like in the map that I linked.

Actual dungeons in other MMO’s feature different routes that you either must explore too (because of multiple objectives), or can explore (because of a bonus reward). But they are not simply dead ends with nothing in them. Most, if not all, dungeons in DDO branch off in countless paths, each with their own optional goals and bosses, traps, secrets, treasure chests etc. You wouldn’t even need to look far to see that I’m right. Just boot up DDO (it’s free) and dive into the first dungeon you encounter. Yes, even the level 1 dungeons in DDO feature more diversity than any of these high level dungeons in GW2. And I don’t mean to make this sound like an advertisement for another MMO, but the competition is a heck of a lot better. I only wish GW2 featured properly designed dungeons, instead of sloppy boring corridors.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

— Riiiight. You need to stop using absolutes in your arguments. You could say ‘most of the skins I like are in the gemstore’ for example, but saying ‘most skins are in the gem store’ is a ridiculous statement that dosnt even come close to being truthful.

You know that was exactly what I meant. Sheesh, don’t pick on the words so much. Are you here to discuss the reward system, or just to pick my sentences apart?

Plenty of things you get from drops are worth a decent amount of money. Usually from extracted crafting materials, runes/sigils, ectos, T3-6 mats, or just flat selling yellows/oranges. Cores/lodestones and their lesser cousins.

And yet, I do not feel rewarded when I receive a bunch of rare crafting materials that go straight into my bank, or straight onto the trading post. The game’s reward system lacks this magical sparkle that makes you go “wooow” whenever you open a treasure chest. It’s just not there.

And then theres those nice oranges weapons with their own unique skins that are worth more than average. Thats like.. most of what you get in this game as loot.

Salvage trash, or straight onto the trading post.

If you’re crafting ascended still, you still need that crafting material. If you’re trying for X special weapon either a MF wapon or a full legendary,

I’d rather make an appointment with a blind dentist than work on a legendary.

Will you get some awesome drop from a chest? Prolly not.

I think you mean, “guaranteed not”. And that’s my point. Many games DO have this feeling of excitement when you open a treasure chest. Even GW1 had it (slightly), and games like Diablo certainly have it. DDO has it too. In fact, every two quests there’s usually something in a treasure chest that I can use, and keep for myself.

If you and everyone did, it wouldnt BE an awesome drop. Thats how every game is. The only difference here, is we get all that other ‘fluff’ to help us on our way towards that next big weapon.

That’s a terrible argument. If that were true, then why do so many other games of the same genre succeed in making the player feel rewarded, when apparently according to you it can’t be done?

SHM.7628

I mean, sure. You could get his opinion. But, like, why do you care? You’ve actually played the game yourself, presumably at some length. You should have been able to form your own opinions by now. Reviews are only useful if you haven’t done that for yourself yet.

The point was if he asked the hard questions the interview would have gone better. I do see why he didn’t or it would have been more of an interrogation than an interview. However, I hope off camera he gave it to Colin straight.

Why I care? I find him credible. He praised the game early on when praise was in order. He’s also given some fair and relevant criticisms of the game. Plus they care what he thinks because he rates them and his following can affect sales.

BTW, Some of do decide to buy games (or not buy them) based on respected reviews.

SHM.7628

If you watch carefully you’ll see that Colin is very excited talking about the features and things, while Joe just shakes his head in agreement and says “uhum” most of the times, theres only 1 or 2 topics he seem to find decent the whole interview.

^This exactly.

He was just nodding and uhumming disingenuously durring 90% of the interview.

I just think some tougher and more relevant questions could have been asked and answered.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

“No one uses CC in dungeons”

Gives Example

“I don’t like your example”

RIP in peace logic.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Just a bit disheartening how many questions went unanswered because they “weren’t ready to speak about it yet” and you could tell Joe was getting frustrated, despite the smiles.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Tigaseye.2047

mostly still have fun.
fun.

I know what you’re saying, but the design of the game does support/encourage what they’re doing.

All people are doing, by playing in a skip>stack>melee way, is following the path of least resistance (assuming everyone knows what to do and/or complies).

They perma-stack because they share buffs and heals that way and can res downed people without even moving.

They use melee weaps because melee weaps (ridiculously – this is not the case in other games) do more damage than ranged weapons in melee range (i.e. stacks).

They skip mobs because mobs are skippable, as they reset.

They use certain classes, roles (i.e. DPS only), builds and gear, because the above playing method, which derives entirely from the design of the game, favours them.

These things are all ANet’s designs and other games companies don’t design in this way, so other games don’t suffer from these issues.

Obviously, I know that people can choose to ignore the path of least resistance, if they like, but that is not typical of most human behaviour.

It’s typical of mine, but then (I think it’s safe to say) I’m not typical.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Tigaseye.2047

If you watch carefully you’ll see that Colin is very excited talking about the features and things, while Joe just shakes his head in agreement and says “uhum” most of the times, theres only 1 or 2 topics he seem to find decent the whole interview.

^This exactly.

He was just nodding and uhumming disingenuously durring 90% of the interview.

I just think some tougher and more relevant questions could have been asked and answered.

Can’t say I blame him, TBH.

Colin seems like a nice enough guy, but I get the feeling he either doesn’t get, or doesn’t want to face, the deep-seated issues the game has.

Issues that adding a few extra layers of pretty stuff, on top, won’t help.

This game is like a beautiful looking cake.

It’s so promising on the surface.

Problem is, when you cut into it, you quickly find out it’s mostly just an icing shell and the part of it that is supposed to be cake is mostly hollow.

I think Joe discovered that for himself, which is why he gave the game a 10/10 to begin with and then fairly quickly stopped playing.

Hearing a bunch of stuff about more decoration for the still more-or-less non-existent cake is not going to make anyone feel like coming back.

Unless all they ever cared about was the icing, to begin with.

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

They can’t answer or talk about them because ncsoft made them do an expansion. MO was all about LS.

That’s why there is so little actually out. I will be surprised if there is any more landmass thsn SW and dry top.

Masteries is just more grind bars.

Revenant does look like they put some time into.

All of the new system and probably traits are looking just like hoops and bars to grind out…

Khalisto.5780

They can’t answer or talk about them because ncsoft made them do an expansion. MO was all about LS.

That’s why there is so little actually out. I will be surprised if there is any more landmass thsn SW and dry top.

Masteries is just more grind bars.

Revenant does look like they put some time into.

All of the new system and probably traits are looking just like hoops and bars to grind out…

Oh well, at least something to grind out, one of the main PvE issues right now is the lack of rewarded content