Annoyed at lack of symmetrical armours

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Anyone else feel this way?

Most of the half decent looking armour has something dopey that (in MY opinion, before people jump on me) really ruins it’s look like one giant pauldron then a flimsy piece of tin on the other shoulder, or one leg clad in armour and the other bare (where’s the sense there?)

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

(edited by rapthorne.7345)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I mostly get annoyed that some pieces look so great together, but have different textures making it difficult to dye. Then I switch maps, and the colors look off again. Main culprit: TA armor!

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I am very strange.. Because I really enjoy asymmetrical things. and I often try to unbalance it further by having one side look one way while the other pales in comparison. That thing that irks me is many of the pants are “thin” on the opposite side of many of the pauldrons. Que Que.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Catslock.3074

Catslock.3074

I get annoyed that they don’t have many single shoulder Pauldrons for mail or their lack on custom hunting horns.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I mostly get annoyed that some pieces look so great together, but have different textures making it difficult to dye. Then I switch maps, and the colors look off again. Main culprit: TA armor!

Ditto. It can be pretty tough to dye a piece that has both metal and cloth (or another sort of combination) since the same color will look different on each weight type.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m with Rapthorne on this. I’d like to see more symmetrical armors in the game. And more armors that look like actual armor too.

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

I’m with Rapthorne on this. I’d like to see more symmetrical armors in the game. And more armors that look like actual armor too.

I’d throw mad amounts of money if you could customize left/right pauldrons and gloves.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

by the lack of decent looking symmetrical armours?

Most of the half decent looking armour has something dopey that (in MY opinion, before people jump on me) really ruins it’s look like one giant pauldron then a flimsy piece of tin on the other shoulder, or one leg clad in armour and the other bare (where’s the sense there?)

Totally agree.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Anyone else feel this way?

Same here too.
(and Rytloks new armor isn’t helping either, with its asymmetrical shoulders It looks cool as kitten, until you see the shoulders.)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Completely agree. So over the asymmetrical armor pieces.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

I’m with you. its really annoying, and damages the flow of the overall looks of my characters

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Death the Kid agrees.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

The problem is not only with the armors. We also have:

Swords having the same size as a GS.
Daggers with the same size as swords.
Hammer heads too small compared with the long of the grip.
The grip in some axes and maces are too long.

etc…

Posted by: Eileane.3845

Eileane.3845

I`d rather have the “oven pipe” type of boot shafts and “free ankle” heavy armor skins fixed (here`s a hand down from your older/younger sister live with it sweety).

I could post screens but anyone playing female humans already ran into this problem. Especially if you have to buy them for gold (like the Vigil armor boots). I nearly went nutz when I saw that…. should have checked before spending on them.

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles
Stinky McLane… the only Necro known to have a toothpaste fetish
Lefty (give me a second) Fiddlesticks… one Engineer, two clumbsy hands…