Annoying minipet sounds

Annoying minipet sounds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ehajgbo.1342

ehajgbo.1342

Dear Anet,

The sound effects of minipets can be REALLY annoying. For example the mini super banana is playing its sound VERY, VERY frequently, like in every 15 seconds. And this is just 1 single banana minipet and many players have it.

Please, PLEASE implement the ability in settings/sound to change the sound of mini pets, like you did with the sounds of player instruments.

I have to mute the entire sound of the game due to this as it is driving me crazy… and to be honest, not just me.

Is there any kind of workaround for this?

(edited by Moderator)

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Please, lower the volume on this mini? It’s disgustingly loud on the effects channel. It’s far louder than any other mini with such a disgusting choking/coughing sound. It’s been driving me nuts for weeks and I couldn’t figure out what it was. Finally just found the sound tonight. Yes, I’m aware it’s low on the priority list before anyone complains. It’s simply something that is quick and easy to do. And yes, I do actually like the game sound track and listen to it exclusively while playing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

I feel your pain.
I though I was the only one who cant stand this horrible sound.

This sound make me walk away from banks and TPs because there is always at least one player with this mini near every bank/TP.

I dont mind other minis sounds. Wintersday minis or SAB ones have nice sound effects. I dont mind them, but his Toxic Hybrid is annoying!

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I find SAB “car alarm” minis just as annoying as Toxic Hybrid. By which I mean: a whole world less annoying and rather negligible compared to the repetitive NPCs around those places.

20 level 80s and counting.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It’s one of my favorite minis to use, but I only use it when I am not around other people as I know its sound effects can be quite annoying to many, though not to myself.

I do not think the volume of specific minis should be altered at all on a global scale. Instead, I feel that the volume of minis should be on its own volume slider, or at least coupled in with dialogue volume slider. Those who find some mini sounds annoying can choose to lower their volume or mute them instead of forcing lower mini sound effects on everyone across the game.

Then again, I do not mind most mini sounds, but I absolutely cannot stand NPC chatter due to their constantly repeating and bugging out (cutting out mid-sentence, multiple lines playing over each other real fast and repeating, etc), so I keep dialogue sound muted anyway and this would cause mini sounds to also be muted if it were grouped in with dialogue audio.

So I guess it would be best for all player preferences to simply have mini audio on its own volume slider, though this is far from the first time such a change has been suggested/requested.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So THAT’S what that awful sound is.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Step 1: implement a toggle-able feature (simple tick/check box) in regards to mini pet audio/sound effects.
Step 2: PROFIT!

This is it ladies and gentlemen. This is the bees knees right here. The single, one and only key feature that would make a lot of player’s lives happier. Let’s do it ANet. I believe in you. I know you can do this. Please.

Annoying minipet sounds

DeWolfe.2174

I really despise the Mini Toxic Hybrid. It’s incredibly loud and obnoxious.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i hate that sound off that super assassin mini

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

+1 this topic. Super mini pets are so annoying but there is no slider to control this. People are buying these mini’s just to troll those of us that hate them. Mini pets should not have volume, ugh!

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

People are buying these mini’s just to troll those of us that hate them.

I very seriously doubt this, but I’m all for some sort of sound modifier for other peoples’ noise.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

The job-o-tron backpack needs to be added to this. They have a slider for player instruments, they can add one for this.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

It should be that you can toggle on and off other people’s pets but not your own. If you’re going to introduce that noise to the game you should have to suffer through it yourself.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

+1 to toggle.

There is no hell on GW2 that is like the hell of standing next to someone with Mini karka hatchlings.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Replica—Job-o-Tron—to—the—rescue

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I will support this each time one of these threads pop up!!!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Mini noises are in the ‘Dialog’ sound channel, which can be really detrimental to turn off in certain large boss events, or in certain PvP maps.

A separate channel would be perfect.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: FunnyBunny.3782

FunnyBunny.3782

No way dude, I think the sounds are funny as hell.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: ryft.6190

ryft.6190

I love seeing my Mini Super Assassin out but I never have sound on so I usually forget to switch when I’m doing anything around a lot of people. I don’t like being a troll intentionally but some of the comments people yell in map chat are hilarious. One person said it sounds like an asthmatic pug.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Just alter your perception into finding their sounds enjoyable and you’ll be fine.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Annoying minipet sounds

ehajgbo.1342

Actually I would like these sounds, if they were played for example once in every 5 mins. Even with this setting we would still hear them quite frequently because many players have these annoying minipets but it would be much more tolerable.
But really, the best would be to be able to alter its sound volume, including the possibility to mute them completely.

Annoying minipet sounds

DeWolfe.2174

I really despise the Mini Toxic Hybrid. It’s incredibly loud and obnoxious.

I could live with others, but this pest makes me rage.

First of all it sounds like someone is clearing his throat and then spitting it out.
Then it’s extremely loud for any mini and its obnoxious noise carries far and then it repeats every few seconds.

I wish there was a hack for this, like sweetfx or smth, to cancel out this riddiculous nerve wrecking noise.

For months I honestly thought it was a new sound effect for Charr’s. It sounds so much like a Charr trying to clear a hairball. Good God when standing at one of the major banks when this sound goes off, right?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It needs a toggle, a slider, or SAB minipet sounds should be removed permanently.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I tried switching off all channels, but that pesky toxic hybrid wouldn’t shut up.

anet, please just make the sounds private. if someone enjoys noisy minis, let them have it for themselves without disturbing the peace of others.

Hmm, last I dealt with it, I was on a turret at Teq and turning off Dialog did shut the thing up. It just made it frustrating to listen for when a set of fingers was going to spawn.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Annoying minipet sounds

ehajgbo.1342

Anet?

It would be really nice if you could give a comment on this topic…

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Agree – I hear the mini super banana everywhere – annoying. Should be able to toggle off both sound and visuals of others minis.

Kima & Co

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Agreed. Supporting.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

Brilliant idea. Would be a great QoL improvement.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: bbwinston.5316

bbwinston.5316

+1
On the other hand, Anet may think this would make pets less attractive in gem store. Maybe those people buying pets want everyone to hear their pets’ lovely sounds.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

Well, there is a slider already for the musical instruments’ volume and those are also available in the gem store.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: bbwinston.5316

bbwinston.5316

Sure, I’m just saying why buy a fancy dress for a date if you’re dark dining.
(I’m only talking about the eating part.. )

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

Right now, hands down, super banana is the most annoying kittening thing in my life. I hate it’s sound effect with a PASSION. It annoys me more than people that don’t use their turn signal. Or people that smoke in non-smoking areas. Or people that don’t know the difference between there, their, and they’re.

PLEASE add a slider to turn off the mini and backpack sounds. At least for other people. Or the head lines in my area may read, “man commits despicable acts of evil due to super banana induced insanity.”

Annoying minipet sounds

ehajgbo.1342

bump…bump…bump…

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I hate that super banana mini pet.

I guess this is what I get for laughing at those who are annoyed by job o tron.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Annoying minipet sounds

ehajgbo.1342

bump…bump…bump…

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

its just the super banana and other super minipets that are annoying like this, just tone them down anet

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

the super banana is even worse!

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: ninja sloth.2658

ninja sloth.2658

I turned effects volume back on today to see if this has been fixed. Banana sound bite played 3 times within the first minute. Turned it back off again.

Fix.

It.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: ninja sloth.2658

ninja sloth.2658

Just alter your perception into finding their sounds enjoyable and you’ll be fine.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/96064fb9c0b3371eec2349149dc15f11/tumblr_ncwis7r8jF1t2ig4wo1_500.jpg

I imagine this to be your mindset.

Right now, hands down, super banana is the most annoying kittening thing in my life. I hate it’s sound effect with a PASSION. It annoys me more than people that don’t use their turn signal. Or people that smoke in non-smoking areas. Or people that don’t know the difference between there, their, and they’re.

PLEASE add a slider to turn off the mini and backpack sounds. At least for other people. Or the head lines in my area may read, “man commits despicable acts of evil due to super banana induced insanity.”

I like you.

(edited by ninja sloth.2658)

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are a couple of issues that are getting conflated here, by people proposing a solution before we are clear about the problem:

1. Some people hate some mini sounds.
  2. Others love some mini sounds.
  3. Some mini sounds are louder than others and/or more noticeable and/or more repetitious.
  4. Some people enjoy some of the ambient sounds in the game, but not others — the game offers no way to pick & choose.

Thus, the solution of “disabling all mini sounds” doesn’t work for me: I love Gnashblade’s, “I was the favorite!” although other sounds are horrid and some are too quiet.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Annoying minipet sounds

Dante.1763

Would a mini sound slider be such a bad option though? I see two different ways to do it too.

1.) affects all mini sounds, the further you slide it to the right the louder they get, the further left they get quieter till nothing.

2.) Does a few different things, from left to right of course. The furthest left option plays no mini sound. The middle option only plays your mini sounds. The furthest right plays all mini sounds.

Would either of those work?

EDIT: tell me if you like either of these, and why! Please!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I completely support this. I’ve only been playing for a little over three months and I already wish I could send every one of those super sound effects minis to the cornfield. I can only imagine the rage of those who have been playing longer.

This is also one of the reasons why I like my mini Pact Airship. It doesn’t make a sound, it just glides along.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Would a mini sound slider be such a bad option though? I see two different ways to do it too.

1.) affects all mini sounds, the further you slide it to the right the louder they get, the further left they get quieter till nothing.

2.) Does a few different things, from left to right of course. The furthest left option plays no mini sound. The middle option only plays your mini sounds. The furthest right plays all mini sounds.

Would either of those work?

I love this idea. I would also, like a few other posters, love to be able to turn off the job-o-tron backpack sounds.

Annoying minipet sounds

Dante.1763

I love this idea. I would also, like a few other posters, love to be able to turn off the job-o-tron backpack sounds.

Which one do you like more though? Number one or number two?

Annoying minipet sounds

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Definitely number two. I’m all for more customization and not shoehorning one set of players to benefit another.

Annoying minipet sounds

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Forum bug is buggy.

Annoying minipet sounds

Dante.1763

Definitely number two. I’m all for more customization and not shoehorning one set of players to benefit another.

Sweet sweet, lemme edit that post for something, but thanks!

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

I would be eternally grateful if you provide me with a slider to mute those annoying mini pet sounds, specially the mini karka’s annoying chirping and grinding.

You did it for the musical instruments, and I have never been more grateful.
Now, please do it again for these annoying sounds please I beg of you.

EDIT:

put the fossilized queen bee annoying sounds into that slider as well, that one is even MORE annoying !

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Oh… Someone said this at last! That annoying mechanical sound that burns into my brains every cell. Sweet sound of silence, how I missed you! Please give us an option to save our temper. Some pets sound “really” annoying. Like " oh bloody hell, why would someone even think a sound like that".

It is a minor issue but critical for people like me and my friend in the previous post. There really should be an option.

Annoying minipet sounds

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

Mini super banana is really in the list of minis i never use because the sound is so distracting for me.
I like mimis a lot, but I still think it ould be nice to tone down the sound from time to time.