Another 5 person?

Another 5 person?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I mean really.

Why do all the good stuff have to be 5-person access.

I don’t have the time to focus on working through stuff with other players. Who most of the time I can’t trust to play the game correctly or safely.

I mean if you are going to make a special event could you try and get so solo players can get in on some of the fun.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s perfetcly playable with less. Plenty of people are playing it soloable as it scales the access according to your party. Bosses are tricky, but don’t be deceived by the 5 player thing – I’ve spent a couple of hrs in with just 2 of us!

:)

Another 5 person?

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

You can play the super adventure box just fine as a solo player. I find it fun to try solo as well

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

Another 5 person?

Posted by: lolynot.1928

lolynot.1928

LMAO, just solo it. You don’t need 5 people.

Another 5 person?

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Where does it say it is 5 man?

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The pop up when you enter the portal says recommended 5 players. It’s a bit deceptive

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

It would be nice if they identified it as “Supports 1-5 players, with difficulty scaling accordingly.” I’m conditioned to ignore recommendations and just jump in anyway—ANet has a good history of providing accessible content.

Personally, I find it most rewarding (financially) when I run it solo. I suppose duoing might also be decent, provided my partner is good at jump puzzles.

Running as a 5-man, however… was an absolute blast of nostalgia and fun. Almost every death resulted in a “That was just like in <name of 20-year-old-game>” comment.

I had forgotten how evil Ninja Gaiden was. Actually, “blocked out” is probably more correct than “forgotten.”

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

ITT: OP making thread about dungeon requiring 5 people, without first verifying that said dungeon doesn’t require 5 people.

PS: me and one friend beat the Frog King last night. I’m sure some people have soloed him.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Deception.8197

Deception.8197

I would like to know why we need a different currency. Don’t you think we have enough already????

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I would like to know why we need a different currency. Don’t you think we have enough already????

It is a mandatory facet of lateral progression.

If they didn’t introduce a new currency, then the new content would be built on top of all prior progression. They may not have stats associated with it, but the weapon skins would have absolutely no connection to the content aside from release date without creating a new progression path.

Currency is the tool that is used to measure your progression down that path.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

This is for one month.. if it had same currency as everywhere else you wouldnt need to do the box of fun to get the gear… do you REALLY have to even ask this!??!

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Arenanet has a strange way of designing challenging content. You can solo the whole dungeon.

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Arenanet has a strange way of designing challenging content. You can solo the whole dungeon.

That is because it was fun not challenging- I liked the fact that I could solo it.
You can always choose a more difficult mode- I stuck with infantile :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Wriith.6581

Wriith.6581

Has an easy mode, scales with the number of players, and can be soloed in under half an hour fairly easily… why do people complain?

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

ITT: OP making thread about dungeon requiring 5 people, without first verifying that said dungeon doesn’t require 5 people.

PS: me and one friend beat the Frog King last night. I’m sure some people have soloed him.

I confirm he can be soloed, quite easily in fact. Just did it, his health scales based on how many players are in the instance. Less players=less health

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I soloed the entire thing in the hardest possible configuration. Totally awesome, and totally preferable to having to wait for other players not used to my speed!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Another 5 person?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Likely they are just reusing the normal dungeon code, and it is hardcoded to recommend 5 players. Honestly i wish the rest of the PVE dungeons scaled like this ATB does.

Another 5 person?

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

The last time i went into something labeled 5-person i died quick. Didn’t bother to go in due to this. I get the responses. Will try later

Btw thanks for the responses

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred