Another Farming Spot Gets Stealth Nerfed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I used to hunt spiders in the Maguuma Jungle, just south of Gauntlet Waypoint. There are four spider nests in the area that you could stomp and one veteran spider and his entourage that you could take out in between. The timing was nice because you could make a round of the nests, kill the veteran and then go back to the nests. It was a pleasant place to kill an hour until DR kicked in and by the end of that hour I would usually have 2 rares and enough potent venom sacs to make 4 rare broadswords to flush down the Mystic Toilet. While the better half was making supper I used this area to spend some time in and still come away with the feeling that I accomplished something. Not any more.

Now as much as they state they do not mind farmers the above spot has been nerfed. Now when you stomp the nests they do not respawn and after waiting about 10 minutes or so I gave up in disgust. There was no mention of this change in any of the patch notes and my guess is the change would have happened in the last month.

I am finding that my “fun factor” with this game is rapidly disappearing. Sad but that is just the way I feel.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Maybe you could help your better half make supper??

The Burninator

Posted by: Insidious.3720

Insidious.3720

1) You shouldn’t be farming to begin with.
2) Nothing was changed, your perception is just different.
3) Nobody cares.
4) If you aren’t having “fun” anymore, then quit.

Theftwind.8976

Maybe you could help your better half make supper??

Nah, I am retired. She still has that job. Please do not tell her I said that!

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

Yeah, I’m not too sure why Anet does that. They say they don’t mind farmers, then they nerf farming spots.

Unfortunately the forums is anti-farmers and labels them as the devil’s spawn-who burn down and destroy MMO’s, so you won’t get any sympathy. They’ll just tell you to play their way by walking around doing what they consider good for the game, regardless if you enjoy it or not. Honestly people, farming isn’t bad in a game.

Theftwind.8976

3) Nobody cares.

1) Who says I should not be farming…you?
2) It was changed…hard to alter perception when something that used to spawn no longer spawns.
3) If nobody cares why did you bother posting?
4) I said I am rapidly losing that “fun factor”. I never stated that I have reached that point yet.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

how are you sure that’s it’s actually been stealth nerfed, as opposed to say, bugged out?

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

I just love that ArenaNet puts in objectives that, to reach them, you have to farm for, and then goes and nerfs every possible way to farm. So where’s the logic in that?

And if you’re not supposed to farm, why the need for so many mats for a single item? How would you ever acquire it? By simply playing and then sometime in the distant future you have all the materials? Best delaying tactic ever. Not.

Posted by: Insidious.3720

Insidious.3720

I just love that ArenaNet puts in objectives that, to reach them, you have to farm for, and then goes and nerfs every possible way to farm. So where’s the logic in that?

And if you’re not supposed to farm, why the need for so many mats for a single item? How would you ever acquire it? By simply playing and then sometime in the distant future you have all the materials? Best delaying tactic ever. Not.

Buy Gems, trade them in for gold.

/thread

Posted by: Denwic.2607

Denwic.2607

If you’re going for a Legendary, yeah a little farming is needed.

How do you know? Have you tested it out for yourself???

3) Nobody cares.

Obviously, the OP does, and he/she is definitely somebody.

Back on topic, they have been stealth nerfing a lot of farming spots lately, as if to prolong the Legendary process. It’s been getting a little out of hand lately, but the community has responded, and they continue to do it. Not much we can do to persuade them otherwise obviously.

Denwic – Level 80 Engineer – Gates of Fabulousness

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I took my level 40 into WvW today and kept getting farmed by the same thief. I wish they would nerf that

The Burninator

Posted by: Verdelet.3812

Verdelet.3812

Just tested this on Tarnished Coast. The vet & co. respawn in about a minute, while the nests respawn in about 20 minutes.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

If you like to grind the same areas over and over again …. GW2 is not for you. You have to alleviate the DR by going to other areas.

So my advice to you is to find more areas like that spider area and do a routine farm plan across Tyria.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Maybe it was a product of the Skelk nerf in Southsun and they take longer to spawn naow? ;s

If you like to grind the same areas over and over again …. GW2 is not for you. You have to alleviate the DR by going to other areas.

So my advice to you is to find more areas like that spider area and do a routine farm plan across Tyria.

GW2 does want you to farm, they just want you to do it till DR kicks in and then move to something else to farm because it gets kittened if you stay in one place too long to stop from being possible. They also don’t want it to be too easy and repetitive as well because the commerce team will be sad that you’re neglecting their gems.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

They are slowly but surely funneling everyone into farming CoF path 1. Which shows no signs of changing.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

3) Nobody cares.

1) He can farm all he likes, its his right to play the game as he wants.
2) Something has changed, I use to farm this spot also and know exactly what he is talking about, its in mount maelstrom, just south of broken arrow waypoint.
3) I care, and I’m positive many others do also.
4) if you have nothing if you have nothing constructive to say, find your way out of this post, please.

Thank you.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Where did Insidious come from , he seems to be one fed up disgruntled kitten lol…seem like a 3k rare Zommoros victim :o

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

3) Nobody cares.

1) Why shouldn’t we farm if/when we want?
2) Yes it was changed.
3) Evidently you cared because you responded.
4) His and many others fun factor only has diminished not ceased.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Im Mudbone.1437

/thread

OMG! Are you an NCsoft employee?

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

Anet is one of the most bipolar game developers out there. They constantly say one thing and then do the opposite. It’s getting really, really, REALLY kittening annoying. They are doing a kitten fine job of destroying their game before they even reach the game’s one year anniversary.

Sometimes I feel like they are simply trying to get as much money out of the gem store as fast as possible before making the game obsolete.

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

Blah, people hate on farmers, but farmers provide the mats that people buy on the tp. If all of the farmers were to give up in disgust; the supply of mats on the tp would eventually run out. Then people would be reduced to gathering their own mats to make things for themselves. No one would be willing to sell their mats, because no one would have extras to sell.

I posted something similar before, and a misguided individual replied that a virtual world would have unlimited resources.

Except, someone has to gather those resources, and if no one is gathering them to sell, a buyer has no access to them. Running out is quite possible, especially when anet has events that use specific mats to make event items.

Farmers, especially when there are a lot of separate farmers in competition, keep prices low. If Joe wants to sell 200 mats for 1s, and I want to sell my mats quickly, I have to undercut Joe, or wait for his 200 mats to get sold.
Now make mats a total pain to gather, make them annoying or time consuming to collect. At that point you will have very few who think the time spent gathering is worth the gold they get from selling. So supply on the tp lessens, there are fewer suppliers total. The very few suppliers can charge whatever they wish, because customers are desperate enough to pay exorbitant prices to avoid having to gather the mats themselves.

This is why I like item farmers. If there are many, many separate farmers, not several bots nor a guild working together, but individuals free to compete for speedy business: then mats will be cheap on the trading post. Casual farmers, if you will.

If their are no casual farmers, just hardcore farmers who don’t bother to compete, then you have high tp prices. The measures used so far don’t dissuade hardcore farmers, and farming guilds, and certainly don’t discourage bots, they wreck people who would dabble in farming though. Dabblers are the impatient ones who sell things cheaply. I want casual farmers, dabblers, to be encouraged somehow.

(edited by Zebulous.2934)

Theftwind.8976

how are you sure that’s it’s actually been stealth nerfed, as opposed to say, bugged out?

Well the nests used to re-spawn by the time my Guardian made his way around all 4. If I did not stop to take out the Veteran and I was lucky with my crits at times I would have to wait 30-45 seconds before the first one I stomped would spawn back in. Now they do not re-spawn back in and I waited for a good 5-10 minutes although other people can see them and stomp them. Then they have to wait or move on. So it looks more like a nerf then a bug.

The thing is it used to be a good spot to hunt potent venom sacs for one hour until DR kicked in and then I would move on. Why bother have a Diminishing Returns code if they nerf the spawn rate in that area?

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

If mats were easy to gather a bot or a guild could never corner the market, someone could always undercut, they would too. If a guild is buying all the mats I farm I will continue to farm, said guild could only buy so many mats from several farmers before the guild would go broke. They can’t sell lower than they paid me for them, or they would still go broke, just more slowly.

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

It’s been nerfed, I just went and checked it out myself, the eggs dont respawn like they used to, they used to respawn in about 2-3 mins, now I have no clue what the respawn rate is on them, I got sick of waiting around for them, and the hatchlings hardly dropped anything at all.
I just don’t get the logic behind what Anet is doing, this was a T5 farm area, why nerf it? they seriously want to get rid of all their players then they are going in the right direction, just keep going that way and they will succeed.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

3) Nobody cares.

I’ve come into this thread just to say I hate you and people like you.

The fact that there are things in this game that cost 500+ gold to make (volcanus comes to mind), not to mention stuff like infinite light, mjilnor (spelling is wrong, I know) and then legendaries means that farming is needed. Flat out. End of. You are wrong. This isn’t a debate. To get a high tier item one would like in a reasonable amount of time, farming is needed. Whether it be world bosses, mobs in Orr, dungeons of any kind, gathering every day, whatever. Farming is needed.

Also, perception is how we get results for the scientific method. To claim that his “perception changed” doesn’t mean he’s wrong, you blithering kitten.

The problem I have with your diatribe is the terms reasonable amount of time. Reasonable amount of time to whom?

In most games, if you don’t have certain gear, you can’t progress at all. You need X gear in order to enter Y raid. This game doesn’t do that to you, so the amount of time it takes to get the highest end gear is longer…intentionally so.

It’s not supposed to be fast to get the best looking (matter of opinion anyway) weapons in the game. They’re not giving you more power.

The problem is, you kids today have no patience. lol

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

/thread

Lol, that’s the same impression I got.

Vayne.8563

/thread

While I’m quite happy to finally be the guy not being accused of being an NCsoft employee, the idea that only an NCsfot employee would suggest buying gems to sell for gold is silly.

My son bought gems and exchanged them for gold (where as I don’t). He simply didn’t have the patience to wait to get The Dreamer.

The funny bit is, as soon as he got the Dreamer, a couple of weeks later, anyway, he stopped playing…so getting it didn’t really help him out at all. He’s now paid real money for something he’s not even using.

He’d have been better off just taking his time. But you can’t explain that to kids. They never listen. lol

Posted by: Recluse.6740

Recluse.6740

3) Nobody cares.

The fact that there are things in this game that cost 500+ gold to make (volcanus comes to mind), not to mention stuff like infinite light, mjilnor (spelling is wrong, I know) and then legendaries means that farming is needed. Flat out. End of. You are wrong. This isn’t a debate. To get a high tier item one would like in a reasonable amount of time, farming is needed. Whether it be world bosses, mobs in Orr, dungeons of any kind, gathering every day, whatever. Farming is needed.

Also, perception is how we get results for the scientific method. To claim that his “perception changed” doesn’t mean he’s wrong, you blithering kitten.

The problem I have with your diatribe is the terms reasonable amount of time. Reasonable amount of time to whom?

In most games, if you don’t have certain gear, you can’t progress at all. You need X gear in order to enter Y raid. This game doesn’t do that to you, so the amount of time it takes to get the highest end gear is longer…intentionally so.

It’s not supposed to be fast to get the best looking (matter of opinion anyway) weapons in the game. They’re not giving you more power.

Why do you keep going to the age argument? We get it man …. You are retired, and stuck at home, and play up to 10 hours or more a day since launch, as per your statement of having played 3000+ hours already. You playing this game is basically a full time job.

If I had 3000 hours in this game, I am sure I would have my legendary too, and I would be on here telling people to relax and take their time and high fiving you on your post, but I dont.

So when I come on, I farm.
1. Because I enjoy it after a long day at work to come home and do mindless nothings for a while.
2. Because I have a goal I would like to achieve in a reasonable amount of time, so that if something new does come out .. and it will, I will be able to spend my time working toward that goal as well.

Its really that simple. But I am sure you will have something to say along the lines of .. This game is not for me … or Gear progression does not exist, so with Exotics I will hit just as hard… When it has nothing to do with being powerful … I just want to kill people in WvW with a bow that shoots unicorns because its hilarious to me. Simple …

(edited by Recluse.6740)

Vayne.8563

3) Nobody cares.

Why do you keep going to the age argument? We get it man …. You are retired, and stuck at home, and play up to 10 hours or more a day since launch, as per your statement of having played 3000+ hours already. You playing this game is basically a full time job.

If I had 3000 hours in this game, I am sure I would have my legendary too, and I would be on here telling people to relax and take their time and high fiving you on your post, but I dont.

1. Because I enjoy it after a long day at work to come home and do mindless nothings for a while.
2. Because I have a goal I would like to achieve in a reasonable amount of time, so that if something new does come out .. and it will, I will be able to spend my time working toward that goal as well.

The age argument is not based on how much time I have to play. It’s based on the younger generations today being in a rush for everything and having a lot of stuff handed to them on a silver platter…things we used to have to work for. It’s a different mind set. So it’s appropriate.

I guarantee you that if I could only play 1 hour a day, I’d still feel the same way. Because I don’t expect, nor have ever expected, to get anything quickly ever. It’s just not the way I was raised.

My kids. not so much.

Im Mudbone.1437

3) Nobody cares.

Its really that simple. But I am sure you will have something to say along the lines of .. This game is not for me … or Gear progression does not exist, so with Exotics I will hit just as hard… When it has nothing to do with being powerful … I just want to kill people in WvW with a bow that shoots unicorns because its hilarious to me. Simple …

Though I don’t agree with 95% of what Vayne has to say this is one of those 5% times I do agree and I’m a hardcore farmer(not one of those static farmers either) also approaching 3000+ hours of game-play being disabled/retired, I also don’t have a legendary nor do I care to have one, I farm for my guilds needs as well as for myself.

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: Recluse.6740

Recluse.6740

Its not so much how you were raised, its society as a whole, and just the ways things are these days. If it were how we were raised, your kids would be more like you. But I do agree with you on that part of people wanting things faster these days. But its still not the point.

We devour content like its nothing, because with as fast as things happen nowadays, we do not want to miss out on whats next.

If I was only playing this game for a legendary and nothing else, I would have it already. But I enjoy the content of the stuff they are adding and whatnot. So that prolongs the legendary and I accept that.

The problem lies with the people that came before us. What I mean is the people who power farmed, exploited, or botted their way to get things faster has ruined it for the people who play legit. Anet had to slow them down, which in turn slowed us down.

I have already admitted I know why they are doing it, and I dont blame them, but with all the stealth nerfs intended or unintended, it has created mistrust, and that will kill a community.

(edited by Recluse.6740)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

3) Nobody cares.

Obviously this poster has very little MMO experience…. or hasn’t left kindergarten yet.

I too have noticed this area has changed, its easier to get through on a lowbie toon now as the spiders/nest don’t respawn so I guess ANET have decided to not only nerf another place where mats can be farmed a little should one want to, but to also dumb down the difficulty to allow lowbie toons to walk around higher level maps without fear, even though they are supposedly level scales… may as well do a stealth nerf to the game ANET.. call it Care Bear Wars 2, see how many players notice that instead.

As for no one not caring… I think you are definitely in the minority, but then again, like I said very little MMO experience I guess or someone who enjoys crying Mom when you want something out of the TP and demands P2W or cry relentlessly until she gives in to you.

I don’t tend to farm too much, but personally I would rather see players like you quit the game if you don’t enjoy seeing others play out a game the way they want to rather than the way you say either way I would be happier not seeing clueless responses like yours put up here at all to be honest.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

3) Nobody cares.

The age argument is not based on how much time I have to play. It’s based on the younger generations today being in a rush for everything and having a lot of stuff handed to them on a silver platter…things we used to have to work for. It’s a different mind set. So it’s appropriate.

I guarantee you that if I could only play 1 hour a day, I’d still feel the same way. Because I don’t expect, nor have ever expected, to get anything quickly ever. It’s just not the way I was raised.

My kids. not so much.

Well I guess you failed to pass on some of that good ole parent son teachings that were instilled in you like you say.
Me thinks you enjoy placing smoke screens in the way of what you keep saying.
Every post you write is all about time and its relevance on your perspective of the game.
You seem to enjoy making your assumptions.. firstly about how the game is designed and how it’s meant to be played out. Then you assume the definition of a player is to somehow based on how much time they play the game and by what they enjoy doing in game. Now you think to pigeon hole players by way of age and your perception of how that affects gaming attitude.

Pure and simple you enjoy guesswork, you enjoy stigmatising and you enjoy hearing the sound of your own voice… try drawing the curtains, take a walk out in the world and breath the fresh air, then come back and tell us all about your journey back into RL. You might have the time to play 24/7/ 365 so achieving things to you seems easy to do without the need to set particular goals and timescales.. but many others amongst us, young, middle aged or senile simply don’t have that luxury and so look to make adjustments in game to accommodate our own allotted time, playstyles and enjoyment.
Just please stop preaching your babble and go do something more useful.

Vayne.8563

3) Nobody cares.

My kids. not so much.

Well I guess you failed to pass on some of that good ole parent son teachings that were instilled in you like you say.
Me thinks you enjoy placing smoke screens in the way of what you keep saying.
Every post you write is all about time and its relevance on your perspective of the game.
You seem to enjoy making your assumptions.. firstly about how the game is designed and how it’s meant to be played out. Then you assume the definition of a player is to somehow based on how much time they play the game and by what they enjoy doing in game. Now you think to pigeon hole players by way of age and your perception of how that affects gaming attitude.

Pure and simple you enjoy guesswork, you enjoy stigmatising and you enjoy hearing the sound of your own voice… try drawing the curtains, take a walk out in the world and breath the fresh air, then come back and tell us all about your journey back into RL. You might have the time to play 24/7/ 365 so achieving things to you seems easy to do without the need to set particular goals and timescales.. but many others amongst us, young, middle aged or senile simply don’t have that luxury and so look to make adjustments in game to accommodate our own allotted time, playstyles and enjoyment.
Just please stop preaching your babble and go do something more useful.

You sound hostile. Maybe you should consider anger management classes.

90% of everything you see on these forums is guesswork. You don’t like MY guesswork, so you have a problem with me. I don’t really care that you do. That would be your problem, certainly it’s not mine.

You don’t know how much I get outside, or how much air I get, or what else I do in my spare time. In fact, that’s all just guesswork on your part. Maybe you should get out into the open are and stop trying to guess about people’s real life actions or circumstances.

At the very least it would make you seem less hypocritical.

Posted by: krisztian.6513

krisztian.6513

Its kind of sad how you guys fight here on forum while everyone wants to just enjoy the game.
I somewhat understand that in this game nothing is a big effort to get(gear wise) or what takes some effort are not required for anything.
Now that means that even if ppl farm they might get it sooner but that wont hurt anyone, because the ppl who would want them gets the different materials cheaper cause there is more, and the ppl who are against farming (dont like it) wont care because they get it slowly/buy it slowly but for cheaper.
This is why I dont understand here, the only thing what can hurt a playerbase is the mentality whats pretty much agaist a type of playstyle. If ppl what to farm let them, now who will be hurt by the OP who got a few venom sac over a hour, no one. Yet the first response he saw was telling him off to leave if u dont like how we got things here, and thats rly bad. Worse than anything anet can do against players.

Vayne.8563

Its kind of sad how you guys fight here on forum while everyone wants to just enjoy the game.
I somewhat understand that in this game nothing is a big effort to get(gear wise) or what takes some effort are not required for anything.
Now that means that even if ppl farm they might get it sooner but that wont hurt anyone, because the ppl who would want them gets the different materials cheaper cause there is more, and the ppl who are against farming (dont like it) wont care because they get it slowly/buy it slowly but for cheaper.
This is why I dont understand here, the only thing what can hurt a playerbase is the mentality whats pretty much agaist a type of playstyle. If ppl what to farm let them, now who will be hurt by the OP who got a few venom sac over a hour, no one. Yet the first response he saw was telling him off to leave if u dont like how we got things here, and thats rly bad. Worse than anything anet can do against players.

The problem is that Anet is making decisions for a reason to close certain farming spots. People who come to the forums to complain about those spots being closed are not, in my opinion, benefiting the game.

It’s not like their complaints will stop Anet and make them open the farming spot again, because that’s not happened.

My answer to those who like to farm is to find another spot.

I’m not saying don’t farm. I’m saying don’t expect Anet to change how it runs the game, based on your play style.

No one really knows why every one of the nerfed spots have been nerfed, but take the example of the skale on Southsun. People complained and complained and it turns out it the way it was was a bug, and Anet fixed the bug. And a lot of people knew it was a “too good to be true” bug and expected it.

But those who come to complain about that stuff, though I agree they have the right to, aren’t really doing the game or the community any favor at all.

Unless Anet made a mistake and closed a spot for no reason, complaining that Anet is managing their game as they see fit doesn’t benefit anyone.

krisztian.6513

Its just said about that actual skelk spot (not skale :P) that it was there for months, its just wasnt so well known and as there were even reasons to farm in SS (the 200% mf buff), its kinda funny that the nerf came at this time :P but that i can understand because u could make way too much money there than in any other places.
But then again its hard to believe that the only way to make these places less profitable is to nerf them to oblivion with somehow maybe nerfing other nests faraway from that zone (what the OP experiencing).
I’ve been playing a few mmorpgs already as I guess many of us might have, and I know that just like in rl there are always groups of ppl left unhappy if something happens but it must be clear to everyone that if everything just keeps getting nerfed, once it will be less funny even for ppl who dont like to farm. But as you said we cant help on that as we are not the ppl who decide to do these changes or not.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

There’s a difference between grinding and farming.

You killing the same set of creatures over and over is grinding, devs don’t like that.

Farming would be you killing those spiders 1 time then going and killing spiders somewhere else, devs are okay with that.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

/thread

I’m starting to think a lot of folk on this forum are ncsoft employees trying to spin their hardest.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Vayne.8563

/thread

I’m starting to think a lot of folk on this forum are ncsoft employees trying to spin their hardest.

It’s as dismissive as saying that other people who disagree with me work for some other MMO company, because they have a different opinion. Not only is it unwarranted to suggest it, but it doesn’t further your arguments at all.

Gasoline.2570

Oh wow it’s vayne, who woulda expected.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Vayne.8563

I know. I’m quite unpredictable.

krisztian.6513

Its kinda interesting tho, that if that got nerfed too, is it possible that somehow it relates to the skelk “nests”? Like maybe now all nest is nerfed to oblivion or it was just a ninja nerf for some reason?

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Wow I thought the antifarming people left the game ages ago…

“If you farm, the game is not for you”… Looks over at CoF, world bosses, entire Southsun Cove and Orr…..

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

There’s a difference between grinding and farming.

You killing the same set of creatures over and over is grinding, devs don’t like that.

Farming would be you killing those spiders 1 time then going and killing spiders somewhere else, devs are okay with that.

“Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks during video games[…]often necessary for a character to repeatedly kill AI-controlled monsters, using basically the same strategy over again to advance their character level to be able to access newer content. "

“Related terms include farming (in which the repetition is undertaken in order to obtain items, relating the activity to tending a farm field),[…]”

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinding_

Sure sounds like farming to me.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

No, not really.

Vayne.8563

No, not really.

Artichoke.

Did you predict I’d say that?

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

No, not really.

Artichoke.

Did you predict I’d say that?

I thought you’d respond with the word “bloviate”. So no, I guess you got me.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Gasoline.2570

I sure did, buddy.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

In the absence of farming; you have to wonder what is there to do exactly? Do these developers think this game is fun or something?