Another Patch of more PvP nerfs to PvE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Some day you’ll actually bother to split balancing for the kitten formats.

It’s a disgrace that weak elementalist shouts and mesmer’s already bottom tier DPS are getting nerfed just because of PvP.

Same goes for ranger, nerfing the one pet who doesn’t do absolutely non-competitive DPS.

You hired a raid team, why won’t you hire a PvE balance team, since it’s so obvious your current devs are focused on their beloved e-sports balancing at the expense of all other content?

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: It makes no sense to monetize the game through PvE (gemstore purchases) and balance it on PvP.

This is also a big slap in the face to Mesmers who haven’t bought HoT since the nerf to PoM is clearly the result of Chronomancer.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

(edited by Makai.3429)

Posted by: Nemisis.4690

Nemisis.4690

Just checked the patch notes… nerf nerf and nerf. wow!

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Agreed. The balancing of different game modes needs to stay within those modes. Balance fixes across the board in a game like this isn’t really the answer, unless they are trying to kill raids by limiting team composition to a tiny, ideal niche of professions.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Makai.3429

Agreed. The balancing of different game modes needs to stay within those modes. Balance fixes across the board in a game like this isn’t really the answer, unless they are trying to kill raids by limiting team composition to a tiny, ideal niche of professions.

The worst part about this is the fact they refuse to explain why they handle balancing this way.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Then start a thread/petition requesting the elusive Balance Team appear on an AMA.

If they do, you can get their perspective on how they see and approach balance, so you’re not approaching the idea solely from your own view, assumptions, and expectations.

~EW

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Sad Druid is sad.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Is ASCII allowed on this forum?

Then we clearly need the facepalm one for ANet failing at balancing one small aspect of their game without kittening over the majority of players in all others.

Ah, and yay eSports! Srsly!

Makai.3429

Then start a thread/petition requesting the elusive Balance Team appear on an AMA.

If they do, you can get their perspective on how they see and approach balance, so you’re not approaching the idea solely from your own view, assumptions, and expectations.

~EW

It shouldn’t be the responsibility of the player base to make such a request seeing as how this has been a hot topic since launch. In Guild Wars 1 we received highly detailed reports of the reasons behind changes to skills and why they were split or merged. There’s no reason why today’s Anet can’t do the same.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

As a PvE only player, I was scrolling through the patch notes, dreading to see the necromancer section. There didn’t seem to be one…this time.

Also, as a necromancer, I know exactly how many of these nerfs in other professions feel.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

~EW

It shouldn’t be the responsibility of the player base to make such a request seeing as how this has been a hot topic since launch. In Guild Wars 1 we received highly detailed reports of the reasons behind changes to skills and why they were split or merged. There’s no reason why today’s Anet can’t do the same.

It is the responsibility of the player base to inform the company of what it wants. Heck, that’s the majority of the threads in these forums. If enough people want something, and it’s feasible for them to do so, the company will provide.

Stop expecting the company to read your mind, or to pay attention to sparse comments. Consolidate the request to make your voices louder. Other than myself I’ve not seen ANYONE suggest the balance team be on an AMA (hence why I don’t expect it to happen… more people need to want it).

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I try to stay away from these arguments, but as cynical as it sounds, it does seem ANet wants to lose players, and money. It’s way past the time you split the two game modes and let them live independently.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It’s way past the time you split the two game modes and let them live independently.

3 game modes. They each play drastically different from eachother and should all have separate balancing.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

More patches to come.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Makai.3429

At this point skill and trait splits is a pie in the sky idea. They won’t even explain why they refuse to do it.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

PvE/PvP balance was split eventually in GW1. What’s their reasoning for not continuing that idea? If I recall it was pretty well received back then.

Makai.3429

PvE/PvP balance was split eventually in GW1. What’s their reasoning for not continuing that idea?

As far as we’re aware there isn’t one, which is a huge part of the problem.

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

(Forgive my sarcasm, but it’s about time)

Hey so I logged in today and I noticed there’s two other entire game modes besides PvP. I think this means that we have to look at how balance changes are going to affect the entire game instead of trying to make some appeal to a maximum of 33% of us and an even smaller percentage of that on the basis of Esports.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

There was a split, but it was removed.
I think to make it easier for newer players to understand

Makai.3429

(Forgive my sarcasm, but it’s about time)

Hey so I logged in today and I noticed there’s two other entire game modes besides PvP. I think this means that we have to look at how balance changes are going to affect the entire game instead of trying to make some appeal to a maximum of 33% of us and an even smaller percentage of that on the basis of Esports.

Remember this when they market the next expansion for its PvE content.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

PvE/PvP balance was split eventually in GW1. What’s their reasoning for not continuing that idea?

As I recall, the reason given a long time ago was that it was too confusing to the players to have a PvP and a PvE set of skills, or words to that effect.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: powetng.1024

powetng.1024

If anet is listening, please do split it… Long live the PVE.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

~EW

It is the responsibility of the player base to inform the company of what it wants. Heck, that’s the majority of the threads in these forums. If enough people want something, and it’s feasible for them to do so, the company will provide.

Stop expecting the company to read your mind, or to pay attention to sparse comments. Consolidate the request to make your voices louder. Other than myself I’ve not seen ANYONE suggest the balance team be on an AMA (hence why I don’t expect it to happen… more people need to want it).

~EW

I’m confused why you would think we would post here when we know it’s not seen because it’s not on Reddit? There are threads with hundreds of posts without so much as a response. Why would we assume it would be seen now?
Want is not a question here. The possibility of actually being seen is. There have been thousands of ignored posts asking for the separation during balancing. If they were seen, there would have been a response by now.
That is why it won’t happen.

Posted by: devilman.1263

devilman.1263

Need the split in PvE/PvP balance.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

And this is the reason I hate patch day. Seriously, please quit basing your PvE game around PvP content! This is nuts.

Gone to Reddit.

Makai.3429

And this is the reason I hate patch day. Seriously, please quit basing your PvE game around PvP content! This is nuts.

#nosplitsnogems

/12 characters

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Emmm OP… Do u know who buys most gems for REAL money? PvPers and WvWers… So is is obvious that they will balance game for those players. PvE is just farm and grind so even with nerfs it is still over easy to kill NPC xDDDDD
Just deal with it for some time, like we(WvWers) did with kittenton of sPvP balance that affected WvW and fight for over a year till they bring it back( like we did with stabillity ^^). But… The problem is that PvErs don’t bring em as much money as PvPers do so… 0,001% chance
As for why PvErs bring em less money answer is simple: They farm gold, while competitive players don’t, so the only way for them is to buy gems with real money

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

Posted by: Baconomics.8674

Baconomics.8674

all this spvp centric game “balance” is ruining high end competitive crab toss. >:(

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

Okay that’s assuming the populations of PvP and PvE are the same and that every single PvE player farms for Store items, which is vastly untrue. The amount of players that make up PvE is significantly more than PvP and a small percentage of them grind for gemstore items.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’m confused why you would think we would post here when we know it’s not seen because it’s not on Reddit? There are threads with hundreds of posts without so much as a response. Why would we assume it would be seen now?
Want is not a question here. The possibility of actually being seen is. There have been thousands of ignored posts asking for the separation during balancing. If they were seen, there would have been a response by now.

That’s just it, “hundreds of posts without so much as a response.” Everyone with an opinion about what should be balanced, and all of ‘em different in some way… imo that makes them not worth paying any serious attention to… but I’m not ANet.

I’m suggesting instead of putting forth your own opinion into the nauseating cacophony, or complaining because your perspective on balance isn’t being paid attention to, instead ask what their opinion/vision/perspective is… try and get get an understanding of balance that doesn’t originate from your own bias.

For my own part I don’t predicate my enjoyment of a game on a concept of balance… I’m interested in what the Balance Team might have to say, but I’ve no real pony in that race. It’s just a suggestion to constructively address an issue that so many get kitten-hurt over every time something is adjusted.

Knee-jerk crying whenever there’s a balance change, or putting forth yet another suggestion for balance in the hundreds that already exist doesn’t seem to be working. Try something new if it means so much to y’all.

~EW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Gonna have to join in on this too. As an ele main, I’m getting sick of being nerfed because of the PvP side of Ele. Please separate at least PvP and PvE skills (again).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yeah, Rev took a big PvE hit with that 75% increase in energy cost to Phase Travel. They didn’t even decrease the cool down. That is a pretty big nerf IMO.

The Burninator

Makai.3429

Yeah, Rev took a big PvE hit with that 75% increase in energy cost to Phase Travel. They didn’t even decrease the cool down. That is a pretty big nerf IMO.

Mesmer, Revenant, and Ranger should try to move to another game since this one isn’t working out.

Posted by: CindyKa.6137

CindyKa.6137

Emmm OP… Do u know who buys most gems for REAL money? PvPers and WvWers… So is is obvious that they will balance game for those players. PvE is just farm and grind so even with nerfs it is still over easy to kill NPC xDDDDD
Just deal with it for some time, like we(WvWers) did with kittenton of sPvP balance that affected WvW and fight for over a year till they bring it back( like we did with stabillity ^^). But… The problem is that PvErs don’t bring em as much money as PvPers do so… 0,001% chance
As for why PvErs bring em less money answer is simple: They farm gold, while competitive players don’t, so the only way for them is to buy gems with real money

Do some research. Spouting off like this with zero data to support it says a lot about you. Post a link any reputable link will do.

(edited by CindyKa.6137)

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

That’s just it, “hundreds of posts without so much as a response.” Everyone with an opinion about what should be balanced, and all of ‘em different in some way… imo that makes them not worth paying any serious attention to… but I’m not ANet.

I’m suggesting instead of putting forth your own opinion into the nauseating cacophony, or complaining because your perspective on balance isn’t being paid attention to, instead ask what their opinion/vision/perspective is… try and get get an understanding of balance that doesn’t originate from your own bias.

For my own part I don’t predicate my enjoyment of a game on a concept of balance… I’m interested in what the Balance Team might have to say, but I’ve no real pony in that race. It’s just a suggestion to constructively address an issue that so many get kitten-hurt over every time something is adjusted.

Knee-jerk crying whenever there’s a balance change, or putting forth yet another suggestion for balance in the hundreds that already exist doesn’t seem to be working. Try something new if it means so much to y’all.

~EW

That makes sense then. This is the place to post an attempt to organize it. I feel somewhat indifferent to the balance issues too. The “separate balance” posts flood these forums after each pass, but there are simply too many issues blocking success. The only way to actually prove anything is with data withheld by Anet, like actual population in each part of the game, money spent from there…. stuff that won’t happen. I also suspect Anet is experiencing an issue with how reliable their feedback is if HoT was less successful than expected, and may be struggling with just who to listen too, and from where. I’ve basically stopped crafting anything but a Legendary because anything can, and has, been nerfed to valueless in one simple pass.

Posted by: Advid Alucard.4827

Advid Alucard.4827

I don’t think it’s totally bad not starting at 0 in the next ranked season, but at the same time I’m concerned about the Year of Ascension achievements. I got ruby in the last season and then said enough, but if i had to i might have been able to get to diamond before the end of the season. if i’m placed too high though I might be in ruby for several seasons and never get the chance to get the backpack. I’m hoping it lowers you a division starting off so you can rank up at least once.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It’s a disgrace that weak elementalist shouts and mesmer’s already bottom tier DPS are getting nerfed just because of PvP.

Same goes for ranger, nerfing the one pet who doesn’t do absolutely non-competitive DPS.

You hired a raid team, why won’t you hire a PvE balance team, since it’s so obvious your current devs are focused on their beloved e-sports balancing at the expense of all other content?

Flash Freeze is a PBAoE chill that also triggers frost aura and when paired with aurashare gives allies around you frost aura too so I wouldn’t call it a weak shout.

Elementalist is simply the best class in the game due to its healing, mobility and disengage (if taking the proper utilities), zoning, focus interrupts and invulnerability, weapon blast finishers that can stealth the ele in a smokefield or stack might in fire fields, and has lots of chill and burning access.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I miss the days in GW1 when I’d get excited for the new build notification. Now I just shake my head and wonder how Mesmer’s going to get nerfed.

That’s about how I feel. I see new patch notes, and go first to the class section to see what’s been nerfed even more.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Flash Freeze is a PBAoE chill that also triggers frost aura and when paired with aurashare gives allies around you frost aura too so I wouldn’t call it a weak shout.

Elementalist is simply the best class in the game due to its healing, mobility and disengage (if taking the proper utilities), zoning, focus interrupts and invulnerability, weapon blast finishers that can stealth the ele in a smokefield or stack might in fire fields, and has lots of chill and burning access.

A short duration chill mostly useless against breakbar mobs, that gives a 10% damage reduction for 4 seconds IF they get hit by some direct damage.

Come on, don’t be dumb.

The ele might be strong, but the shouts are not. It’s like nerfing fire axe conjure because ele DPS is good.

You don’t nerf weak skills in PvE because the class is strong.

Makai.3429

~EW

That makes sense then. This is the place to post an attempt to organize it. I feel somewhat indifferent to the balance issues too. The “separate balance” posts flood these forums after each pass, but there are simply too many issues blocking success. The only way to actually prove anything is with data withheld by Anet, like actual population in each part of the game, money spent from there…. stuff that won’t happen. I also suspect Anet is experiencing an issue with how reliable their feedback is if HoT was less successful than expected, and may be struggling with just who to listen too, and from where. I’ve basically stopped crafting anything but a Legendary because anything can, and has, been nerfed to valueless in one simple pass.

This is another issue relative to the lack of splits that I find many people overlook. PvE and WvW players can spend oodles of time and resources to get a particular combination of runes and stats, only for it to be rendered obsolete. Meanwhile, PvP players can click a few times and lose no progress whatsoever – oh, and they get gold refunds for amulets that are taken out of circulation.

I thought about putting together an Ascended Commander’s set for raiding on my Mesmer, but I know deep down all that effort can be marginalized on any given Tuesday – so what’s the point? I’m sure I’m not the only PvE player who feels like they’re being held hostage.

(edited by Makai.3429)

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Welcome to Esports 2: Heart of Nerf.

But in all seriousness they need to sort separate pvp,wvw and pve as any time they do a nerf or buff up of a class it is always based on pvp feedback even when they say it isn’t, I wish they would stop going hand and knee catering to the Esports crown when their main draw is story driven content, if this game and gw 1 where not story driven I would not have taken a second glance at it.

Make GW great again, go back to giving quality story content and gameplay, not Esports favouritism otherwise you will more than likely lose a bigger chunk of your playerbase again at a time when you will need them to purchase the next expansion

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

As I recall, the reason given a long time ago was that it was too confusing to the players to have a PvP and a PvE set of skills, or words to that effect.

No, the new excuse is that it just creates more overhead on their work load. According to Izzy. It’s inevitable that the split will happen though.

I mean if you really think about it Guild Wars 2 suppose to surpass the skill balance issues of GW1. Due the simplicity of it all. Or in my opinion being funneled into a corner with less choice. Yet those same issues crept back up from the grave. All due to the stat rotation in all of the different game modes. PvE still goes in one direction (damage over support and tank). With the only exception being raids (to a point). While WvW and PvP provide substance to all the other ignored stats. Since your not dealing with crackbrained AI. While the AI compensates to make other stat builds absolutely useless. It will only get worse with each expansion. It’s the same problem that we had in GW1.

I think Ms. Shirley Bassey sums it up in her song just as well. You hear that Izzy? It’s only a matter of time before history starts repeating. Fun times ahead.

Posted by: Sym.4503

Sym.4503

Nerf, nerf, nerf.
Well I have a nerf for you Arenanet. Try nerfing Conditional Damage for a change.
I have never played PVP, yet my ranger is taken another kitten nerf which makes me even less wanted in WvW zergs.

Some would say that Rangers have the highest DPS…well according to this page…Rangers didn’t even make the LIST!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

I just want to say thank you for pushing me away from almost 2 years work.

Posted by: Sym.4503

Sym.4503

This is another issue relative to the lack of splits that I find many people overlook. PvE and WvW players can spend oodles of time and resources to get a particular combination of runes and stats, only for it to be rendered obsolete. Meanwhile, PvP players can click a few times and lose no progress whatsoever – oh, and they get gold refunds for amulets that are taken out of circulation.

I thought about putting together an Ascended Commander’s set for raiding on my Mesmer, but I know deep down all that effort can be marginalized on any given Tuesday – so what’s the point? I’m sure I’m not the only PvE player who feels like they’re being held hostage.

^^^ Said it better ^^^

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Splitting skills for PvP and PvE seems to be fine for most of you. It may not be an issue if you only play PvE. It also may not be an issue if you only play PvP.

It is indeed an issue if you play PvE and PvP and both with multiple classes. The required skill knowledge increases drastically and ends up frustrating.

Also remember how confusing and unclear this will be for new players.

Don’t think in that limited mind please: just form your point of only playing one mode.

Every class got big nerfs and big buffs already. Get over it and adjust your build.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Splitting skills for PvP and PvE seems to be fine for most of you. It may not be an issue if you only play PvE. It also may not be an issue if you only play PvP.

It is indeed an issue if you play PvE and PvP and both with multiple classes. The required skill knowledge increases drastically and ends up frustrating.

Also remember how confusing and unclear this will be for new players.

Don’t think in that limited mind please: just form your point of only playing one mode.

Please speak for yourself. You might end up frustrated and confused, but lets be real here. To think all new players are mentally deficient is a bad way to go about setting precedence for “balance”.

Balance should be done around the high end of every mode of play. Yes, this increases the “burden of knowledge” but that ultimately creates a healthier state as people have more information as a whole.

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Please speak for yourself. You might end up frustrated and confused, but lets be real here. To think all new players are mentally deficient is a bad way to go about setting precedence for “balance”.

It’s not about new players beeing mentally deicient (why that offense?), it’s about making a system much more complex for people who play multiple classes and multiple modes. Alot of people here are just playing one class and only PvE. They don’t see this issue and I just wanted to point it out.

Balance should be done around the high end of every mode of play. Yes, this increases the “burden of knowledge” but that ultimately creates a healthier state as people have more information as a whole.

“Druid is now only dealing 19k dps instead of 20k, letz kick them all from our raid group” is a really childish attitude. I am not sure if Anet should balance something around this attitude…

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s not about new players beeing mentally deicient (why that offense?), it’s about making a system much more complex for people who play multiple classes and multiple modes. Alot of people here are just playing one class and only PvE. They don’t see this issue and I just wanted to point it out.

“Druid is now only dealing 19k dps instead of 20k, letz kick them all from our raid group” is a really childish attitude. I am not sure if Anet should balance something around this attitude…

The problem is not that they got “adjusted” the problem is the adjustments cover the whole game. Yes I play PvP. But I really do think they should split the skills balance. They did it in GW1. So they know how to do it. We had to remember that skills had different behaviour in PvP. I don’t by the line of keeping it simple. PvP is never simple in an MMO.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

The issue I have with the lack of skill splitting is that it hurts builds across all modes, rather than the one its intended for.

Auramancer nerf in PvP? Fair.
Auramancer nerf in Pve? Completely unnecessary.

Everyone knows the NPE was and is a joke. If Anet is still balancing around that for the excuse of keeping things together, then they will forever lose credit for actual balancing.

There is more often than not, no justified reason to nerf something that was already underpreforming in 2/3 areas of the game.

I play all 3 game modes, so I find it silly that they are all treated the same when they are clearly not.

Duty is heavier than death.