Another Wardrobe Thread.

Another Wardrobe Thread.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flop Sweat.3456

Flop Sweat.3456

After reviewing things I said before, I know how to improve the wardrobe now.

Request #1
The transmutations being an overlay that remains static, regardless of armor change.

Pros: Less transmutation cost overall.
Cons: Less transmutation charge sales for Anet, and role players would not be able to change appearance by changing armor.

This is probably unlikely.

Request #2
Multiple costume slot, and costume slot expansions available via the Black Lion Trading Company, for purchase for gems. (Probably around 400-800 gems.)

Pros: More customization options
Cons: Less transmutation charge sale overall, and ouch, my wallet.

Request #3
The ability for any class to use any armor skin, regardless of weight. Now that being said, I know that armor weights CANNOT BE MIXED due to technical issues. But, what if the wardrobe were to allow you access to all weights. Once a skin is selected to be transmuted to, the other skins belonging to another weight would be GRAYED OUT, prohibiting access to other weights until you cancel. Should you wish to change armor weights, you click on a grayed out armor piece, and than the other two weights are once again grayed out. Or, the wardrobe could be split into three sections, one for each weight.

Pros: More customization options
Cons: The time it would take to implement this.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. “I won’t be able to differentiate the professions apart in PvP or WvW.” That fix is simple. Add an option that allows the player to mark the other players with a big, fat symbol above their head that indicates the profession they are. That way the players that don’t care about who they’re taking on don’t have to deal with the big, fat marks above heads.

Graey Mance-Iron Legion Engineer.
There when you need him.

Another Wardrobe Thread.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

just no on all accounts, learn how to get transmute charges and be happy

Another Wardrobe Thread.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They have repeatedly said that they currently can’t alter things that are hard set into the Hero panel, which is why Support can’t refund karma spent or Achievement items lost and probably why they won’t do race or profession changes. The char’s armor weight (and the stats tied to it) are hard set in the Hero panel. Which would be why a char will never be able to wear other armor weights without a redo of the Hero Panel and the wardrobe and without them first making the tools for it. Look at how many months it’s taken them to make the tools to fix the Hall of Monuments bug. Four months and counting just for that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Another Wardrobe Thread.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

just no on all accounts, learn how to get transmute charges and be happy

I’ve got a 190 myself. Map completion and pvp ftw!
Mind you I guess newer players haven’t been playing long enough, still eventually you get more than you know what to do with.

Another Wardrobe Thread.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Request #3
The ability for any class to use any armor skin, regardless of weight.

I too have thought something like this would be awesome. The outfits available already kind of achieve that effect. Like the light professions wearing the Ceremonial Plate or the new Balthazar armor. Like wise heavy armor wearers using outfits that look like light or medium armor sets. Obviously, this is easy to achieve with outfits because they aren’t in the game with their own stats.

Another Wardrobe Thread.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I believe the issue with switching weights is that armor are designed to “flow” with that of the same class, whereas mixing types wouldn’t be feasible without clipping and other aesthetic issues.

Another Wardrobe Thread.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I don’t think the “flow” matters in this request, OP is asking for any prof to be able to use any weight type with only that weight type. So it wouldn’t be mix and match, it would be if you go with heavy armor it all has to be heavy armor skins.

1.) Not a big fan of this, I like having different armor sets that look different. Not just RP switching but for playing as well.

2.) Again this would only be useful if option 1 were put into place, having costume slots would probably hurt the trans charges sales more then A-net would make from the occasional costume slot buy.

3.)I love the idea of being able to pick between heavy, medium, or light armor sets for ward robe graphics, but the amount of work what you are describing would take… It definitely won’t happen befor hot, probably wouldn’t happen after as it would be a pretty large job.