Another election for Captain in Lion's Arch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Q:

Evon’s bold leadership and master negotiating skills would be a great service to Lion’s Arch.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Only if we also got the abbadon fractal.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I voted for Gnash..we all did..pfft..politics..cough..cough..rigged..cough.
’I hereby nominate Smodur the Unflinching.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I voted for Gnashblade. And I voted for Kiel. Bam.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I voted for Gnashblade. And I voted for Kiel. Bam.

I did that, too. It’s recorded that I voted for Gnashblade, however – which I’m fine with.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I voted Kiel.

Gnashblade only cared about greed and advancing the interests of the BLTC. Kiel on the other hand actually cared about the people and the refugees and working to make LA better as a whole.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I voted Kiel.

Gnashblade only cared about greed and advancing the interests of the BLTC. Kiel on the other hand actually cared about the people and the refugees and working to make LA better as a whole.

And look how that turned out…

The citizens of LA were exterminated and the city obliterated. After the destruction, the only thing out of LA that remained standing was the BLTC, and that was even after Kiel coopted resources from it.

Gnashblade is clearly the better leader, a lesson LA had to learn the hard way.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Its all about the Economy – and how it runs everything.

Money makes the wheels grease a bit faster.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

SpyderArachnid.5619

I voted Kiel.

The citizens of LA were exterminated and the city obliterated. After the destruction, the only thing out of LA that remained standing was the BLTC, and that was even after Kiel coopted resources from it.

Actually the BLTC was destroyed. Everything was moved to Vigil Headquarters along with the refugees and survivors. Gnashblade was upset about it and didn’t want to help out, Kiel had to force him to help the survivors with supplies.

Gnashblade only cared about his money being gone, and didn’t care about the helping the survivors. He had to be forced to help. Some leader….

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I voted Kiel.

Exactly…under Kiel’s leadership…LA became an amusement park…the magic is gone…:(

Gnashblade would have kept it a thriving trade center and melting pot of cultures…and I bet he would have actually built the Combat Arena like in the novels…where we could have fought and bet on fights…

But now…“wait, mom…i want to go climb on the giant squid…”

pfffffffttttt……….

oh…and Kiel be-spelled Magnus…no Norn in his right mind would have gone along with the LA redesign fiasco…

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

mtpelion.4562

I voted Kiel.

Actually the BLTC was destroyed. Everything was moved to Vigil Headquarters along with the refugees and survivors. Gnashblade was upset about it and didn’t want to help out, Kiel had to force him to help the survivors with supplies.

Gnashblade only cared about his money being gone, and didn’t care about the helping the survivors. He had to be forced to help. Some leader….

A handful of buildings were destroyed, but were quickly rebuilt. Gnashblade had no obligation to assist (since Kiel was the one who was responsible) but helped out anyway. His organization came out ahead, while Lion’s Arch required a massive amount of assistance from outside sources. Yes, he truly is a better leader as proven by everything you just said.

SpyderArachnid.5619

I voted Kiel.

Exactly…under Kiel’s leadership…LA became an amusement park…the magic is gone…:(

Gnashblade would have kept it a thriving trade center and melting pot of cultures…and I bet he would have actually built the Combat Arena like in the novels…where we could have fought and bet on fights…

But now…“wait, mom…i want to go climb on the giant squid…”

pfffffffttttt……….

oh…and Kiel be-spelled Magnus…no Norn in his right mind would have gone along with the LA redesign fiasco…

There was no Kiel leadership, it was the decision of an entire Captain’s Council. She didn’t control all the changes to LA, the whole council made the decision. So even if Gnashblade was on the council instead, it more than likely would of ended up the same still as they are just one voice out of 27 people.

SpyderArachnid.5619

I voted Kiel.

A handful of buildings were destroyed, but were quickly rebuilt. Gnashblade had no obligation to assist (since Kiel was the one who was responsible) but helped out anyway. His organization came out ahead, while Lion’s Arch required a massive amount of assistance from outside sources. Yes, he truly is a better leader as proven by everything you just said.

Gnashblade was still trying to gain favor with the council, so you would think that someone who is trying to still get a seat on the council, would help out the survivors and prove his worth to LA. But instead he didn’t. He didn’t even want to help.

And Kiel isn’t responsible for the fall of LA. Kiel tried to warn the council of the impending attack by Scarlet, but they ignored her and didn’t listen. It was the rest of the council that failed LA. They should of listened to Kiel’s warnings.

Kiel was actually out there in the field, bringing the fight to the Aetherblades and helping take down Scarlet to protect the people of LA. While Gnashblade was sitting in his corner counting his coins…

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

mtpelion.4562

I voted Kiel.

Gnashblade was still trying to gain favor with the council, so you would think that someone who is trying to still get a seat on the council, would help out the survivors and prove his worth to LA. But instead he didn’t. He didn’t even want to help.

And Kiel isn’t responsible for the fall of LA. Kiel tried to warn the council of the impending attack by Scarlet, but they ignored her and didn’t listen. It was the rest of the council that failed LA. They should of listened to Kiel’s warnings.

Ah yes, the typical politician response:
If it’s a good thing then it was all their idea. If it was a bad thing then they’re only one person who can’t get anything done on their own.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Umh. Who died? I must be behind the news….