Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

This happened so quick that I wasn’t able to grab a screenshot, but today after I patched and launched the game there was a pop-up about some sort of anti-addiction system. I was only able to read it briefly before it went away, but it said something about reduced rewards after 3 hours of playing and then some sort of further reduction after 5 hours of play.

What is this all about?

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Errmmm… is that what the China Client has?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Wait, we have rewards in this game? Rofl.

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Typical ANet logic. Put everything on timers then punish those that have to wait to do timed events.

I have never seen the popups myself, but I would not be surprised if it is in the game.

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Crysto.7089

It does seem similar to the China restrictions. Seems strange to impose them on us now though.

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

Typical ANet logic. Put everything on timers then punish those that have to wait to do timed events.

I have never seen the popups myself, but I would not be surprised if it is in the game.

How could you possibly see any popups at all when you’re sitting out the game?

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I know that’s big in South Korea but this game hasn’t been released there … yet.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

How could you possibly see any popups at all when you’re sitting out the game?

I still do my daily, updates and check to see if things are changing. Thanks for keeping an eye on me though, the wife will be happy to know that when I kick it, someone else will notice!

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I’ve logged in three times on two PCs and can’t see this popup .. when during login/character loading did it appear?

Given that doing all the world bosses take 4-5 hours depending on when you start and those that conflict with time slots (eg. Teq. plus Jormag) a three hour reward nerf is crass.

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

In China, its a legal requirement for game developers to put systems in place to prevent game addiction. 3 and 5 hours ring a bell, because they’re the same values that developers are expected to structure the systems around.

Personally, I think its better to discourage game design that encourages addiction, like Winter’s Presence.

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Crysto.7089

I’ve logged in three times on two PCs and can’t see this popup .. when during login/character loading did it appear?

Given that doing all the world bosses take 4-5 hours depending on when you start and those that conflict with time slots (eg. Teq. plus Jormag) a three hour reward nerf is crass.

So I launched the game and as the game was loading the character select screen (ie the screen was still black) the text appeared when the UI first started to load. When the UI loaded completely, the pop-up went away.

Anti-Addiction Pop-up

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wait, we have rewards in this game? Rofl.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.