Antitoxin Spray Balance

Antitoxin Spray Balance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Too powerful…too weak what are your thoughts on this skill. What class are you and are you going to use this skill?

I find it weak. I find the healing amount too low of a trade off for healing allies. Only usable when you’ve character is traited slot skills or weapon skills to provide addition healing. Might use it on Guardian, Elementalist and Engineer. Probably get the most use on the elementalist as it has terrible heals, which is why every elementalist you see is a human. This is the 1st time the dev’s have buffed the elems since launch, even if it was unintentional. Buffing the staff doesn’t count. No one cares about the staff.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Impromptu.2374

Impromptu.2374

But Ether Renewal is a great heal…

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

Ether Renewal trumps this heal for Elementalists.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I main a Human Engi and used to prefer the human Dwayna healing skill. This is slightly better as it has a much shorter cooldown and heals for roughly the same amount while also having the bonuses of healing others and removing a few conditions. The only downside is that the toolbelt skill is not quite as good. It’s a potion that you throw and has to be picked up that removes a few conds and replaces them with a small regen. The Dwanaya skill is a hard heal AND a small regen and also benefits others in the aoe radius.

Summary, has both pro’s and cons for human engi’s but I can see it being better than some healing options for other classes.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

Regarding engies:

When used properly, healing turret heals for a bit under 1k more than this ability’s maximum, has 10s shorter of a cooldown, provides a water field for additional healing, scales better with healing power, and can cleanse non-damaging (or other damaging) conditions too. The ONLY benefit this skill has over healing turret is that it cleanses 3 conditions, not two. However, the number of cases where you will have significant confusion and torment both are relatively rare, and as such I consider healing turret to be better in practically every way.

TL;DR: Healing turret is better than the new skill in 99% of cases.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

In WvW zergs, this skill will probably do rather amazing… have enough organization and enough casts, can keep a full zerg healthy for a long time. Zerg of 40 would mean that only 8 people would have to cast it to receive a 4000 heal, staggered over 6 seconds each you’re essentially getting 4000 health and curing 3 conditions every 6 seconds.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I tried it, it wasn’t nearly as effective as the skill I regularly use….I put it back on the shelf. =(

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Poor mans AOE Consume Conditions, for a necro, unless I’m running in a zerg I can’t see it being useful. The extra 5 second cooldown and weaker single target heal also makes it less desirable for me.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

If they make toxin a condition that players can inflict on other players (basically making your screen go black for a period of time) then the healing skill will be vital (and the game will be broken, so DON’T DO THIS).

Otherwise, meh.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Elementalists have bad heals?
HAH
The skill is as all the racials more of a flavor move than a replacment.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

In WvW zergs, this skill will probably do rather amazing… have enough organization and enough casts, can keep a full zerg healthy for a long time. Zerg of 40 would mean that only 8 people would have to cast it to receive a 4000 heal, staggered over 6 seconds each you’re essentially getting 4000 health and curing 3 conditions every 6 seconds.

It heals only you. Only condition cleansing is AoE.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I bought it for my main engi. Compared to the other amazing heals I have, this one is extremely lackluster. The condition cleanse is nice, but the heal is way too low. I have other condition cleanse options. But this takes up a heal slot. No thank you.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

You sure?! :O I coulda sworn I was being healed by a party member’s

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The skill is pretty weak, and easily outdone by Healing Spring for us Rangers. However, this can also be used underwater, which gives it a small advantage for those areas. I can picture this working well in some PvE instances (Twilight Assault), but in all other fields it’ll be pretty lackluster.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Probably get the most use on the elementalist as it has terrible heals, which is why every elementalist you see is a human.

You’re joking right? Why on earth would you use Prayer to Dwayna when Glyph of Elemental Harmony can give you nearly the same heal, plus protection or regeneration, at 2/3s of the cooldown?

Buffing the staff doesn’t count. No one cares about the staff.

I care about the staff, as there are few things I do without. Including sPvP.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You do heal others, when conditions are removed, the heal from the converted conditions heals in an AoE.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You do heal others, when conditions are removed, the heal from the converted conditions heals in an AoE.

Exactly. Baseline heal is only to self. Heals per condition removed are aoe.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

If I didn’t have a human mesmer, I would run this heal for skipping.

I’m not a fan of ether feast anyway. It sucks during running/skipping and usually seems like my phantasms are dead when I need to heal.

RIP in peace Robert

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So far this heal seems to kinda suck.

I tried it out yesterday in WvW group comp with the following conclusions that reflect not just me, but literally everyone else that was runing it in my group, there were 5 of us:

1. Its base self heal is too low, we already have far better and more efficient group heals available.
2. Does not cleanse bleeds burning, chills, etc., therefore it us nearly useless to use as a cleanser because you still use and run your regular cleansing tools.
3. Its group heal and cleanse is also too low, those of us that run support already have better tools both for group healing and group cleansing, making this absolete from the ground up.

So in WvW, unless you are roaming and going specifically against a confusion or torment build, this is kinda pointless. It is right down a hindrance in fully organized groups as we already have so many better tools to achieve same purpose.

The only time I see this being used is perhaps on some selected dungeon encounters (not even whole dungeons), and future PvE content where the “toxin” condition will be far more frequent and much more powerful requiring this skill.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

As a Necro I don’t see myself using it very often. Consume conditions is a much better self heal, and as a group heal it would need to remove 3-4 conditions to be better than Well of Blood. And I have better ways of removing conditions from allies than with my healing slot (even with Putrid Mark’s apparent bug).

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

P.S. I have ran this on guard, mesmer and ele.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

You’re joking right? Why on earth would you use Prayer to Dwayna when Glyph of Elemental Harmony can give you nearly the same heal, plus protection or regeneration, at 2/3s of the cooldown?

I find prayer far more usefull than glyph. Protection is garbage in PvE. Dodging and aggro range mitigate all the damage required. Healing in water is the only useful attunement for glyph of harmony.

I would get 7000 with dwayna vs 5300 + 2500 over 13secs with glyph. I run S/D so I am always cycling/comboing through fire, earth and air. Saving water attunement for when I need some healing. When I attune into water I get traited healing ripple + regeneration and pop 3+5 skills to refill health. My health is almost competely recovered, so there is almost never a reason to use Glyph while attuned to water. Prayer becomes my backup for when water heals are on cooldown and heals for 25% more than glyph.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

But Ether Renewal is a great heal…3.5 secs. That your doing nothing, you pretty much have to use both dodges to get out of combat before using this skill.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

The primary heal is only you. There’s a secondary heal that occurs per condition removed, which also heals others. At 481 healing per condition, it can come really close to the primary healing amount of 1.3k if a party member has three conditions.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

On my build:

In terms of raw healing (ignoring conditions removed) anti-toxin is 4118+547 per condition every 30 second. Lets assume that party members have 3 conditions, that’s 192hps (self) +55hps (aoe) if I calculate correctly.

Mantra of Healing is 5504+2666 about every 10 second (mantras arent exact since you pop them whenever, but lets assume a continous usage). That’s 817hps (self) +267hps (aoe).

Yeah great deal, I’ll take anti-toxin please!

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Regarding engies:

When used properly, healing turret heals for a bit under 1k more than this ability’s maximum, has 10s shorter of a cooldown, provides a water field for additional healing, scales better with healing power, and can cleanse non-damaging (or other damaging) conditions too. The ONLY benefit this skill has over healing turret is that it cleanses 3 conditions, not two. However, the number of cases where you will have significant confusion and torment both are relatively rare, and as such I consider healing turret to be better in practically every way.

Except while it’s up you lose a toolbelt ability unless you count destroying the turret helpful in anyway besides damage if you have the right traits….

I prefer other heals over turret simply because it can be destroyed too easily and you get an extra heal from the toolbelt skill usually.

PS, there seems to be a bug where the toolbelt skill for this new heal does not always remove the toxin condition.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

If there was an actual base heal for allies, it’d have a niche for support builds in all content. As it is, it only heals allies if it removes a condition from them… and not all content supplies conditions which it can remove.

As a self heal, the cooldown is very often too long and heal too low compared to other heals which can often achieve essentially the same effect.

Contrast:
- Mending (1.0 co-eff/ higher base, remove 2 non-specified conditions, 20 CD)
- Consume Conditions (1.0 co-eff/higher base, remove and heal for all conditions, 25 CD, slightly longer cast)
- Healing Turret (1.0 co-eff/higher base, remove 2 non-specified conditions, water field, 0.5 AoE to allies, provides regen, provides toolbelt water field+regen, can blast itself, 20CD or 15 if picked up, shorter cast)
- Ether Renewal (1.2 co-eff/higher base, remove 8 conditions over time, 15 CD, drawback is long cast)
- Hide in Shadows (1.0 co-eff/higher base, removes 3 specific damage conditions but not torment/confusion, stealths and 4s regen, 30s CD)
- Healing Spring (1.0 co-eff/higher base, provides up to 18 seconds of AoE regen, removes up to 6 conditions in AoE, water field, 30s CD, shorter cast)

6 of 8 professions have an arguably almost strictly better condition removal healing skill; healing spring and healing turret even do a better job as AoE heals on top of that. Guardians and Mesmers don’t necessarily have a heal skill providing a similar effect, although guardians definitely have plenty of self and ally condition removal already in their utilities and traits.

Antitoxin Spray needs to be stronger if it’s to be viable for most professions. I’d say a base heal similar to consume conditions, and some basic level of aoe healing even if it’s not removing a condition (say 50% of self heal, similar to healing turret + overcharge)

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Funny how people were screaming it would be OP…

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Funny how people were screaming it would be OP…

They were? Must not have known ANet then. They are so afraid of an overshoot that they continue to undershoot.

Anyways, the base numbers pretty much shows that it is designed to be a flavor skill on par with the racials. 30 second recharge, base heal is character only, only certain conditions removed. It is there to add flavor to the tower fight, and to fullfill ANet’s promise of introducing more skills, without rocking the balance boat.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

There’s no point introducing unviable skills the skills don’t get used. I have tried all skills and dwayna’s prayer on elementalist and hounds of Balthazar on guardian on are the only ones that get any use at all. I might have taken that asuran poison field skill if I had my asurans on other classes.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Gotta love it when they introduce a new heal that doesn’t heal the ranger pet. Guess they forgot that we have pets. It’s okay Anet, we forget too sometimes because they spend so much time dead.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I play an ele and rotate among all of her skills, depending upon where I am. I prefer all of them to this skill EXCEPT supporting a huge crowd against the specific poison condition as in Kessex/LS. Even then, though, trait heals + her normal healing skills can still get them through. Solo – I stick with her original heals. This skill needs a small bump if you want us to use it at all for anything other than niche, devs.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: logosloki.3958

logosloki.3958

If it was a 20s cd it might of seen some play, especially since it seems to be designed to be a competitive heal choice for the current content.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Regarding engies:

Except while it’s up you lose a toolbelt ability unless you count destroying the turret helpful in anyway besides damage if you have the right traits….

I prefer other heals over turret simply because it can be destroyed too easily and you get an extra heal from the toolbelt skill usually.

PS, there seems to be a bug where the toolbelt skill for this new heal does not always remove the toxin condition.

Healing Turret is amazing. Why would anyone run the antitoxin spray on an engi?

Engineers destroy the healing turret immediately since it creates a water field that can easily be put in a combo or multiple combos thanks to engineers multiple blast fields that can easily be procured. I can easily pull off an additional 4k to 6k heal on top of what my healing turret gives me just by easily pulled off water field combos. You don’t need any additional traits to see how amazing the healing turret is on an engineer. Healing turret >>>>> antitoxin unless you have like 25 stacks of confusion or torment on you, but even then, you’d probably be dead by the time you finish casting antitoxin.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Do I get healed ~500 for each condi removed? If so, when i remove 3 condis from each pt member, does that mean i get healed for 15×500 extra hp…?

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

If this is what they mean by new skills then its a disappointment…

The new heal skill is on par with racial skills ie…mainly rubbish…

Its only really useful when in Kessex Hills and probably in the future when you go into the tower in a group.

All those threads about this new skill being OP were joke threads.

Virtually all character classes currently have far better heal skills then this one.

If Anet want to see this used more in the future outside of LS they will need to buff/change it considerably.

Antitoxin Spray Balance

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

If this is what they mean by new skills then its a disappointment…

The new heal skill is on par with racial skills ie…mainly rubbish…

Its only really useful when in Kessex Hills and probably in the future when you go into the tower in a group.

All those threads about this new skill being OP were joke threads.

Virtually all character classes currently have far better heal skills then this one.

If Anet want to see this used more in the future outside of LS they will need to buff/change it considerably.

Personally i would love to see them drop whole “one skill to heal them all” concept and actually develope new profession skills. Fairy wings and flavour skills are cute but its time to get serious.