Antitoxin Spray

Antitoxin Spray

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I’m glad there’s a new universal heal coming that cleanses conditions… Thank you ANet for finally adding in a good way to remove some conditions without having to spec heavily into a particular set-up

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

In most excited about what “toxin” could be, but yes, it’ll be nice to have a dedicated condition removal heal for a class like mesmer, or engi.

This update looks pretty promising in content, and possibly lore ramifications

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Neverender.7581

Neverender.7581

I for one do not like it. This is just the first of what will surely be many more universal skills to come. If we start adding universal skills, then what is the point of having professions?

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I for one do not like it. This is just the first of what will surely be many more universal skills to come. If we start adding universal skills, then what is the point of having professions?

You do realize there are already tons of skills that aren’t specific to professions right? Further, the point to professions would be their class mechanics, utilities, and weapons. Having universal skills doesn’t remove the other utilities/heals that you do have, it’s just more choice. Further, no universal skills will get rid of the primary class mechanics behind each class (Necro DS, Mesmer Clones/shatter, Elementalist attunement, etc…).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m surprised you’re giving that argument, considering you could make one of every class using the same race, and make the same argument. They’re universal because odds are this tech was made by the Orders of Tyria to combat a new threat, and passed out equally amongst all the armies.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah, universal skills are a bad way to go. This isn’t the “new skills” people were asking for…

I imagine it’s only going to be for this dungeon, like toxin will just be the new “agony” or w/e.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I bet the skill lies in a bundle item and not in the skill list of your character. Leave the instance, toodles skill.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yeah, universal skills are a bad way to go. This isn’t the “new skills” people were asking for…

I imagine it’s only going to be for this dungeon, like toxin will just be the new “agony” or w/e.

Some universal skills are not a bad thing, and while a universal skill may not be what you specifically had in mind, it’s still a skill. 1 more to add to the list of choices, if it does indeed turn out to be a true skill, and not a dungeon only item.

I think it would be nice to see them make ‘toxin’ an environmental effect. Similar to how the various maps in torment had their own environmental affects. It adds an additional dynamic to the game play that you need to counter and, depending how it is done, could actually require strategy in order to beat. It’s a lot to ask for, I know, but here’s to hoping.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

In most excited about what “toxin” could be, but yes, it’ll be nice to have a dedicated condition removal heal for a class like mesmer, or engi.

This update looks pretty promising in content, and possibly lore ramifications

I am very much not looking forward to that one. Mostly because I suspect toxin is going to be a thing in the tower and this is the only way to get rid of it forcing you to use this or else. This is one of those times where I would be extremely happy to be wrong.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: camerrell.1963

camerrell.1963

I also wonder about using the toxin. Is this something we have to open our inventory for or are the new “universal” abilities going to be added to our hot bars? Or will this take a spot of a current heal skill?

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I also wonder about using the toxin. Is this something we have to open our inventory for or are the new “universal” abilities going to be added to our hot bars? Or will this take a spot of a current heal skill?

It would be a new skill you can choose to replace your #6 with.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This!

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

This!

Besides the obvious of weapons skills, traits, class mechanics, different hp pools, different armor levels, and non-universal skills/elite skills? I don’t see a problem with providing an option for more cleanse for every profession. Besides, if universal skills are on par with racial skills then I don’t think we have anything to worry about.

And if they do make universal skills a thing it still won’t change that some classes are better with certain types of skills. An ele won’t be able to use a shout as effectively as a warrior or a guard, but it will be able to use glyphs a lot better. Though, that all assumes that if there are more universal skills that they will have subtypes.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

So instead of Agony resistance (where ppl didnt gearfarming) , they introduce this mechanic (or anything rlse in the future) to complicate the istances ?
Hmm… sound nice :P

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Yea, I’d bet money that Toxin will end up being similar to agony. Some hard hitting poison dot you’ll need to cleanse.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No, I suspect people just wanted skills to make their own, preferred class stronger.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

No, I suspect people just wanted skills to make their own, preferred class stronger.

Um… no, people want skills that make their class more varied.

Universal skills is a stupid way to add new skills to the game by itself. It’s fine if you just want a few.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

what pocket is this skill gonna be in … we getting new Batman Utility belts too?

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Pretty much this. I was actually a little bit shocked when I read the announcement.

I am not against players getting more options to cleanse conditions or whatever, but I want each profession to have their own and unique take on achieving this. Universal skills are just the most boring way of adding new skills to the game. They were already a bad idea in GW1 Nightfall/EotN (where in EotN they also happened to be OP and broke game balance completely).

I understand that universal skills might be a more cost efficient way of adding skills to game (i.e., design and implement 1 skill to please 100% of your player base, instead of just ~1/8 of it) but I hope ANet will not go this way for adding new skill, maybe beside some minor “just for fun or flavor skills”. Also, I am seriously hoping that these universal skills will be PvE only (and here for once I even mean “not allowed in WvW”).

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I had thought that the skill progression Colin was describing was the traditional one that would contribute to class uniqueness and diversity. Universal skills are not that and not a method of character progression. After GW1, is it possible they actually don’t get horizontal progression? Or, is this new skill not a part of what Colin was addressing in his blog post?

Antitoxin Spray

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I had thought that the skill progression Colin was describing was the traditional one that would contribute to class uniqueness and diversity. Universal skills are not that and not a method of character progression. After GW1, is it possible they actually don’t get horizontal progression? Or, is this new skill not a part of what Colin was addressing in his blog post?

It is doubtful that this is the only new skill that will be introduced this year. Some have already speculated (myself included) that they may not want to introduce a bunch of new skills/traits that will need multiple patches to fix any bugs/nerfs/buffs that we find when they are released during Season 1 of WvW. As they’ve stated they don’t want to effect the current builds in the middle of it.

That means any new skills will either:
1) not be usable in WvW
2) be of this nature (open to all classes/not very good compared to current options) and not really effect any balance
3) Come out in either December patch after Season 1 ends