Any Good Flamekissed Replacement?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I liked what they did with this armor. Sadly I didn’t get it in time before it was removed. What I have been wondering about, though, is what would make a good replacement for this light armored skin? I’ve only thought of 2 options that I think would make a decent replacement.

1. The masquerade set
2. The winged set

But when I think about it these 2 sets look nice on female characters but not so much male ones.

Is there any decent light armor set that you think could replace the original?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I’d rather they make a completely original set, rather than copy one.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

If they make an original set, then that would not be in line with the medium and heavy armor skins that are still there.
In my opinion, he winged set would make a good substitute.

Edit: After looking at all the craftable light armors, I actually think the Feathered set would actually be a better substitute, since it was a little closer to what the Flamekissed armor silhouette was.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

(edited by ShinjoNaomi.1896)

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I think the Masquerade set would be a good choice. It is really popular, too.
I won’t buy it anyway because I hate fiery armor.

Of course, I would prefer an original set, but I guess I will have to wait.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

PvP Masquerade. No PvE version, so it’ll be unique in the PvE world too…

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I would like an original set as well but the problem then would be that they would have to do the same for the medium and heavy armor sets too. That wouldn’t be such a bad thing I don’t really care for either of those two (though, I am partial to the medium hat).

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

It has to be an already existing PvE set, with added flames, that’s it.

The masquerade set is pretty but too mesmerish. The winged set is more neutral and extremely popular. I’m sure even more people would buy it if they choose that one.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

If we’re talking about a reskin here, I think that the karma armor (forget what it’s called) from Sparkfly would be a decent candidate. First, there’s not a lot of people who have it to begin with, and the way it’s made would lend itself to flames pretty well.

Masquerade is too “big.” Hoopskirts and fire is a combination I’d have to see before I’d be ok with it.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

the pvp exclusive masquerade armor would be awesome for this. Ive wanted it in pve for a long time :/ so I would most likely buy it if they put it in the gem store, dont even care if they add flames to it or not

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

For female I’d say winged (I’d replace the hood, though), masquerade or feathered sets. For males I’d go with exalted, vigil, HotW or temple ones.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

To be on target will it not just end up as a light heart/karma set with a particle effect added?

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I don’t think it will be a reskin of an existing set, or if it starts with an existing mesh, it will change dramatically. See the below post from Gaile in the Account Issues forum:

I really believe the best course here is to wait for the introduction of the replacement armor set. From what I’ve been told, it’s going to be really nice.

This suggests that the devs have already been thinking about how important the quality of the replacement set will be toward settling the issue. Not only thinking about it, but talking about it with other staff outside the art dept. They are probably going to retain as much of the concept behind the T3 set as possible since that’s clearly what the buyers wanted.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I don’t think it will be a reskin of an existing set, or if it starts with an existing mesh, it will change dramatically. See the below post from Gaile in the Account Issues forum:

I really believe the best course here is to wait for the introduction of the replacement armor set. From what I’ve been told, it’s going to be really nice.

This suggests that the devs have already been thinking about how important the quality of the replacement set will be toward settling the issue. Not only thinking about it, but talking about it with other staff outside the art dept. They are probably going to retain as much of the concept behind the T3 set as possible since that’s clearly what the buyers wanted.

So when they release a cool looking light set, then medium and heavy will complain about what they got instead… then again, it’s not like people need much to complain anyway (sometimes it feels like you could give people free gold and they’ll complain it isn’t shiny enough)..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

anything without flames would be good

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

So when they release a cool looking light set, then medium and heavy will complain about what they got instead… then again, it’s not like people need much to complain anyway (sometimes it feels like you could give people free gold and they’ll complain it isn’t shiny enough)..

Yes, they will certainly complain about the disparity between the light armor quality and the other sets. But people always complain. When people complained about the T3 set, ANet saw a valid point. If people complain about heavy and medium, they will have no objectively valid argument to make about how those skins negatively impact the game. They can only say “These skins are crap quality,” which is subjective. They could say these skins are objectively less original, and they would be right, but so what? The obvious response would be “Then don’t buy them.”

I’m not saying it’s fair, but I’d put my money on a very nice light armor redesign, it’s just the best way to control the damage.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Winged is what came to my mind right away as well. I really hope it is not the one they use though.

Posted by: Mortalis.4312

Mortalis.4312

They need to remove the other 2 sets as well and make 3 original sets.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Seeing as the set is called “Flamekissed”, I think that’s not a very realistic expectation.

Really, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just took another mediocre light armor set and add flame effects, just like they did with medium and heavy armor.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Seeing as the set is called “Flamekissed”, I think that’s not a very realistic expectation.

Really, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just took another mediocre light armor set and add flame effects, just like they did with medium and heavy armor.

Burnt rags would be a “Flamekissed” armor if you ask me… world of warcraft cliche armors looks lame. Putting lights and glowing to armor is easier and cheaper than actually reproducing the texture of different fabrics on the same model… that is why we don’t see quality armors as much as this “shiny” armors.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The replacement armor is supposed to be new art. They didn’t clarify if that includes a new mesh or a modified/different mesh with a different the skin on the mesh.

Neither Winged or Masquerade as they are is an adequate replacement for the current set. Both could be modified to be one though.

There are plenty of existing tiara/diadem things they can just pop flame on and retain the same general style and utility as the current headpiece.

Then just make some modifications to the skirts to show more leg from the back.

On the masquerade, redo the leggings so the pattern of the stockings is flame, but the rest of what is now the stocking just reveals skin.

Then just ensure the textures dye the same way as the current armor.

That would retain the same utility and appearance enough to satisfy me, though I could understand people who would want the end appearance to be somewhat different, especially in regard to the hoop skirt from masquerade and shoulder piece on the winged.

The replacement should be something that retains the benefits of the existing armor but looks different from T3. One of the big benefits of the current set is the way it shows and complements hairstyles, skin colors, glows and tattoos. I think that if modified, both armors could do that as well.

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Burnt rags would be a “Flamekissed” armor if you ask me… world of warcraft cliche armors looks lame. Putting lights and glowing to armor is easier and cheaper than actually reproducing the texture of different fabrics on the same model… that is why we don’t see quality armors as much as this “shiny” armors.

It isn’t easier and it doesn’t take longer, however I doubt that the ultra modern 3d armor you guys are looking for can even be supported by the current game engine, that would explain why we wont see any of those soon.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m sure there’s plenty of female bewb armor for them to pick as it’s mesh.
It’ll probably be fine. I saw a Norn female wearing that HT3 yesterday and can see why some people are upset. Those melons looked like they’d crush my poor Sylvari to death.

For Males maybe they could use that necro lookin Karma armor in Fireheart so you can have a flaming cow skull head. ;s

I’d personally still prefer they’d scrap all of it and make an original design. They’re going to develop an unhealthy habit.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.