Any chance for a graphical/visual update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Well yeah, the game is 5 years old and it wont get younger it will also not get prettier. Now, dont get me wrong in terms of asthetics and map design anet has my heart, but the game manages to look old with outdated textures, models and pretty bad post processing option.

I believe its a fair arguement that a visual or graphical update will be a good thing for the game as it gets older and newer games come out. And in the mmo industry good long term income is the lifeblood.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The latest maps have had a graphical update. You might have noticed Draconis Mons looks a bit different than original maps.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The only visual update we really need is “turn off other players effects”.

Like just about every other game has had for 15 years. I still don’t even know what 90% of the bosses in the game look like because it is always just one giant effect blob.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I’m certain that, several years from now and years past my GW2 time, I will remember this game as “that theme-park MMO where we used to fight huge flickering light bulbs”.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I think the maps are fine! However, some of the old armors have ridiculously ugly textures. It’s funny when I try to mix and match them with newer stuff, the difference is huge. I hope they will get revamped one day.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

not really seeing the need for this even on the lowest settings this game is gorgeous!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!