Any chances of a Gift option?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

Just wondering if there has been any word on a gift option for cash shop items? I know there is a workaround of buying a 2k gem card and sending them the code, but that’s abit much in my opinion.

I don’t think it would be hard to add a Gift button next to the Buy button, then just input the name of who you’d want to gift it to.

For instance, if i wanted to buy my friend a mini hippo(400 gems), or the sonic tunneling tool(250 gems), my only option is to send them a 2000 gem gift card code. Obviously, for me, 250 gems or 400 gems is acceptable, whereas 2k is not.

I’m sure it’d help bring our game some more revenue as well. Win for us, Win for the Company.

Make it happen please?

Or, is there a reason why it ISN’T a good idea that i’m not considering?
Discuss.

EDIT: I mean a Gift button next to the specific item, not gems themselves. When i give a gift, i like giving the item, not gems.

(edited by toxianguardian.4850)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

I would like this too. =) Been saving up gold to purchase the “Chef Outfit” for my guildmate. He is a chef in game and life =b However, I can’t surprise him without the gift option. The only thing I can do is drop money off at Guild Bank, and he pick it up and purchase. -_-

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

I hope we get one in the future! :3 I don’t see any down fall to having a gift option, and I would love to be able to give my friends something special from the gem store from time to time. ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Simon.3106

I assume the problem would be… accidentally buying something for someone else by accident and asking for money back.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IronPlushy.4256

IronPlushy.4256

How do you gift something on accident? you accidentally type in their full name and then accidentally select a gift, then accidentally hit send?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

How do you gift something on accident? you accidentally type in their full name and then accidentally select a gift, then accidentally hit send?

This made me chuckle.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Simon.3106

It’s an assumption. I don’t know if it’s the reason why! -_- But yes, exactly. Like for instance, Simon.3106 is my id. And let’s say Jenny typed, Simon.3706 and sent it to him instead. It can happen, but definitely not a good excuse to not include this feature.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Melis.9687

Melis.9687

I think they would sell many more things! I want to buy the hippo for someone, and at valentine’s I wanted to give someone the roses …

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

What if you typed in one wrong letter or number? I think that could qualify as an accident.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

if they are your friend click on the name and click the slot where it would say send gift. just like when you invite people who are friends to a party i never type out their name

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

if they are your friend click on the name and click the slot where it would say send gift. just like when you invite people who are friends to a party i never type out their name

That’s a great solution or if you hit the gift button it pops up with a list of people in your friends list (much like steams gift option). There are quiet a few good ways to aid the fudge factor. I’ve often wanted to gift my wife things from the shop.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website