Any idea if Anet has any big reveals?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

So there are many gaming conventions worldwide in the future. Has there been any mention if Anet has reserved any sort of spot for anything? They are so quiet about everything and I understand why, but sometimes a little bit of regular information, AKA roadmap, is nice and reassuring.

Oh yeah, and before someone quips in with the cliche, “It’s ready when it’s ready” Yeah got that.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The last time they did a big announcement at a convention was when they revealed Heart of Thorns. The next time will likely be for the next expansion.

Most developers won’t do that unless they have something big to announce. I imagine it’s not cheap to get space on a stage at a convention and I suspect the convention don’t want them doing it unless they’ve got a big announcement to make because they want people to want to go along to find out what’s being said, which only works if they know it’s likely to be something exciting.

‘Business as usual’ announcements like new Living Story episodes, PvP tournaments, new/changed features etc. are normally announced through their own website, and then on Facebook and Twitter. And updates about things currently in progress are given on the website, on Facebook/Twitter/Reddit and on this forum.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I understand why they would have a spot at a convention. I was asking specifically for that reason. My thoughts were that if they had reserved a spot, then that would indicate they will be announcing the next xpac this year. Assuming all the major conventions have finalized their line ups then that might indicate no xpac will be released this year. Not that it would necessarily be announced in that way, but it would provide evidence if it was.

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

New gemstore items in a week I believe.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

They will continue to make more raids, I assume as many as WoW but unlike WoW, there is no gear progression here so I am totally not sure how’s that gonna be sustainable.

They will also continue to push our living stories.

They are also making expansions, I assume will be about the final battle with the 2 dragons.

They will add more fotm dungeons so eventually will have 100 different kind of dungeons, my brains hurt thinking about it.

Maybe one day they will revamp dungeons once their people got nothing assigned to do.

One day they will revamp the festival events or start making SAB w3 and w4.

kitten , I have made it predictable….

I wonder if there is really something fresh.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I can see a table with lots of stuff on it.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I can see a table with lots of stuff on it.

But theres still plenty of room under the rug.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

nah they choose not to say much for updates etc so its the occational messege on the forums and the trailer a week before the update