Any in game dungeon finder yet???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pewblinkpew.5031

pewblinkpew.5031

Any in game dungeon finder already? If not, what is taking so long? Never Winter MMO has a in game dungeon finder smh

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

If you have to ask, then you already answered your own question.

GW2LFG.com is all we have

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

you could have logged in and checked. No, we don’t have one.
Personally I prefer no dungeon finder over one that would ruin my gameplay – now I can specify what I’m searching for instead of being grouped up with random people that all want different things (speedrun, farm, normal run, kill these bosses, skip these bosses, etc).

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Personally I prefer no dungeon finder over one that would ruin my gameplay – now I can specify what I’m searching for instead of being grouped up with random people that all want different things (speedrun, farm, normal run, kill these bosses, skip these bosses, etc).

If a LFG was incorporated similar to the one in Aion and other games that allow you to post desired run style/type, wouldn’t that be what your looking for? I don’t think that would ruin gameplay.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

If a LFG was incorporated similar to the one in Aion and other games that allow you to post desired run style/type, wouldn’t that be what your looking for? I don’t think that would ruin gameplay.

I didn’t say that I wouldn’t like a dungeon finder. I’m just kind of scared of when they will introduce it, what kind of dungeon finder will it be? And if it will be the type that WoW has then for this kind of game, it’s better without it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They’re not going to introduce the dungeon finder like WoW had…they’re already said they’re doing something different with it. In fact, its’ not even a dungeon finder, they want to make a group finder that allows you find groups for other areas of the game besides dungeons.

There’s no cross server argument on these forums, since you can already do dungeons thank cross server. So that’s one thing we won’t have to see a huge debate about it (which is good because I’ve seen that debate too many times to count).

I suspect it will be closer to a bulletin board approach where you post what you want and other people can respond. I have no evidence for this, but it’s harder than a basic dungeon finder, explaining why it’s taking so long.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Why would you expect their iteration of a dungeon finder to be like wow’s? For starters there are no roles in this game. Secondly, like vayne said, cross-realm is already in the game. Thirdly, nothing they create would hinder your ability to manually find a group just like in SWToR or WoW or any other game with a queing system people still put together their own groups with their guilds and such.

Even when they introduce something, gw2lfg will probably stick around for those still interested in using it, anyway.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

quite frustrating using gwlfg for cof. The group get filled so fast that every group I try to enter is full.

gw2lfg is fine. Just the flaw is that it don’t remove group which is full and it is a more tedious to have to type /invite “really long name”.

Having an ingame lfg would fix those minor inconvenience.

(edited by laokoko.7403)