Any new Mystic Forge recipes planned?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I took a break for a few months and I’m really surprised at the lack weapon recipes for the mystic forge. The game has been out since August 28, 2012!

As most of us know, acquiring a cool looking weapon via a drop is incredibly rare thanks to RNG, so the Mystic Forge is always a safe way to get that guaranteed item, even it takes a long time to farm all that gold!

Let’s break down the number of weapons currently available through the Mystic Forge.

Axes: 5
Daggers: 3
Focus: 15 (Really?)
Greatsword: 4
Hammer: 2
Longbow: 3
Pistol: 2
Scepter: 4
Shield: 4
Shortbow: 3
Spear: 2
Staff: 2
Sword: 7
Torch: 1
Trident: 1

Please note, these are items with a fixed recipe, not RNG/Random Mystic Forge output items. (Also I may have missed a few items).

In short, are we going to get some new recipes or models exclusive to the forge?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I wish mystic toilet was deleted and instead all those rare and good looking skins dropped in one mega dungeon. Yes, its still RNG but you know all those skins are in one dungeon and even if you don’t get what you want you could always sell it and make a lot of money or buy the one you wanted/. Making items in mystic toilet decrease the reason to do dungeons.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I wish mystic toilet was deleted and instead all those rare and good looking skins dropped in one mega dungeon. Yes, its still RNG but you know all those skins are in one dungeon and even if you don’t get what you want you could always sell it and make a lot of money or buy the one you wanted/. Making items in mystic toilet decrease the reason to do dungeons.

You know as well as I do that it’s meant to be a gold sink and it does a fine job at that. Plus I wouldn’t trust any weapon acquisition that involves to rng. Even after playing since the pre-release I may have had 7 exotics drop for me and most were in the last 2 months.

Now this mega dungeon idea… That could be interesting. Maybe a mixture between a rogue-like where maps are randomly generated and fractals where every floor gets harder and harder but the loot gets better.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

How about no.

Btw, none of the skins this whole topic are about are acquired by RNG. They are specific recipes so I don’t even know why you would bring that up.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

People complaining about fractal skins would like to have a word with you.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Tengu.4209

Tengu.4209

How about no.

Btw, none of the skins this whole topic are about are acquired by RNG. They are specific recipes so I don’t even know why you would bring that up.

Because now a days when someone says Mystic Forge everyone freaks out about the RNG…

As a programmer, I love the RNG I think they seeded it quite well. People just don’t have luck.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]
Ajini – Thief – Commander

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I could do with less RNG though I’m actually pretty lucky. I just don’t enjoy gambling. More on topic, there have been other mystic recipes too. I see the OP is focused on weapon skins. There are ways to make tier 5 mats into tier 6 mats, ways to change cores into lodestones, there were even temporary recipes for the holidays. I remember making a whole bunch of mad king chests in the forge during halloween.

Yes I’m sure more recipes will be added over time.

But since the mystic forge isn’t the main way to attain weapon skins, just one side way, I wouldn’t expect too many new recipes too fast.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Id love to see more Mystic Forge weapons and more Legendarys. I really want a unique look to my character, but everytime I think about getting a certain item, I see another 50 players running around with that exact item. Not really a unique look then is it so no point getting it

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love Mystic Forge weapons and some of them are just amazing.
I second adding more recipes to the forge.
I would even suggest adding recipes for weapons currently only available through RNG,
Make it expensive, make it hard to get the items- but make it a recipe.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

With the increase in rares and the decreased value of ectos, for about the past 3 weeks ive been mf everything, even greens. I’d sell of the yellows worth 28s or more, then the rest was thrown into the mf. At 1st i was getting a good flow of exotics, prob around 1/4 mf rolls. Then came the 1 week drought where no matter how many yellows i threw in the toilet, i got no upgrades, but i kept at it. Then yesterday, BOOM, a precurser. I couldn’t believe it. I lost about 20g in yellows during the drought, but in the end it paid off, bigtime.