Any news on what is planned?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Hi everyone!

How is it going in Tyria? I haven’t been playing the game for a few months now, if I don’t count launch days of new living story episodes. However, I’m planning on coming back once I graduate from my university this June.

I was just wondering what we can expect from coming months. Like…how many more living world episodes before the Expansion pack 2? When is the Legendary armor finally coming? Are there still some players new to raids? – I would loved to form some causal raiding guild and learn to kill all those new bosses.

Also, it would be awesome to hear whether the game ever gets some performance tuning – I tried it on my friend’s high end desktop (i7 7700k, GTX 1080) and the game still didn’t run completely smooth in LA / World Boss events. I guess this is something that is not really possible to improve on the game engine?

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

They don’t tell the players anything before it is 100% completed and ready to ship (except for HoT). This way they can’t be held accountable for something they said they was going to do then decided it was too hard and not do it. And they will not optimize the game because it is too hard and it won’t improve anything enough to warrant it.

Also a nice rule to live by here is: Don’t expect anything. If you do this, then when they release something good you will be impressed. If you expect anything good and they don’t deliver you are just gonna feel sad or angry.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

Cantha.. pls Cantha..

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Yes, kamedin, I know I can’t expect much. It just gets a bit ridiculous that there are no news whatsoever and the lack of legendary armor is just… well, not funny, not sad, it is just very weird. Making 3 armor sets can’t take 2 years.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe they talked about Legendary Armor in the last AMA. You could read the notes on Dulfy, possibly.

Good luck.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Things we know are coming:

• Super Adventure Box returns in April.
  • Episode 5 of Season 3 has been confirmed, probably coming in May (since Ep.4 was February).
  • New legendary weapons will keep coming out periodically.
  • Legendary armour is coming, and presumably new raid wings to get it from.
  • Expansion – date unknown but players have predicted it will be the end of this year.
Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They’ll have to announce the new xpac before ESO releases their new Morrowind xpac, otherwise it’s just a terrible marketing strategy and they’ll lose more players.

Danikat.8537

They’ll have to announce the new xpac before ESO releases their new Morrowind xpac, otherwise it’s just a terrible marketing strategy and they’ll lose more players.

Every single time an MMO is about to be released or is going to get an expansion/major update people say every other MMO must scramble to release their next thing to avoid losing players.

The vast majority of them do precisely nothing to ‘counter’ the new release – they just carry on with their planned release schedule and entirely unsurprisingly manage to keep their players.

I suspect the reality is the people who only play 1 MMO at a time and abandon it for a new one every time something is released are a small minority and most games player bases are mainly made up of a mix of people who are only interested in that game/franchise and people who already play several games and don’t feel any need to stop playing one completely just because another one has been released.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

• Episode 5 of Season 3 has been confirmed, probably coming in May (since Ep.4 was February).
  • Expansion – date unknown but players have predicted it will be the end of this year.

and you missed

• No Mounts
  • No Player Housing
  • No Capes.

Danikat.8537

and you missed

• No Mounts
  • No Player Housing
  • No Capes.

Yes, that’s because it was a list of things they’ve said are coming. If I tried to list things they’ve said aren’t going to be added, or haven’t commented on at all I’d be here all night.

And since it’s Anet and they do like to change their minds there’s a good chance I’d be wrong too. It really wouldn’t surprise me if when the next expansion is announced they suddenly tell us we are getting housing or capes or whatever after all.