Any plans for player housing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

it feels pretty lame having home instances and nothing to do with them except for once a day gatherables

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Actually find my home instance quite valuable. Hope they continue the trend of allowing us to unlock more gathering nodes in it. Play ESO as well and have no interest in the housing there since it adds no game play value in the regards of its a material sync versus gain. Guild halls already allow for player spaces that they can share and customize and players always have access to, whereas you need to invite someone in to see your home. What interests you on a home instance and what are you looking to do there?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I would trade home instances for player housing in a heart beat. I would like to set up my own area put things where I want it. Transfer all nodes to housing would be nice. then also you can use scribing to make your own decorations and furniture to fill your House.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I would trade home instances for player housing in a heart beat. I would like to set up my own area put things where I want it. Transfer all nodes to housing would be nice. then also you can use scribing to make your own decorations and furniture to fill your House.

Threw this out in a past player housing thread and still think it could work. I think if they were to add player housing it wouldn’t have to be mutually exclusive. Image the entry point to it could be from your home instance or a space in those home instances. That way you cover people that do and don’t want to add a custom touch to their homes. But I still want them to continue with allowing us to unlock/collect/buy things that enhance the value of that home instance.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Feel like they could at least spruce up the Home Instance.

I want to see visual achievements in my Home Instance! If anyone has played Dungeon Defender, it felt so good to have a visual representation of your achievement (Obviously not as trophy crazy).

Something as simple as a tooth from the Dragons Stand boss, and things like that. Would add so much more to achievements, and give me purpose to actually bother with them.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I don’t understand why people think home instance and custom placement are somehow mutually exclusive concepts. All there needs to be is a building inside the home instance with open space, and the rest becomes self explanatory.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

it feels pretty lame having home instances and nothing to do with them except for once a day gatherables

It feels pretty great to me that an MMO doesn’t have player housing, that few people see. I’d rather see more changes to guild halls than anything more than cats & nodes in personal instances.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Bridlegoose.9376

Bridlegoose.9376

Now that we have mounts out of the way, this is one of the biggest things that Guild Wars is missing. We need a space to call our own, and to be able to decorate it and customize it. Get trophies from the world or from achievements to display (including holiday decorations.) I love collection achievements. Buy decorations from the gem store. Decorations from Black Lion Chests. The guild hall stuff is good, but for a game like Guild Wars we really need a personal space too. Maybe they’ll start thinking in that direction for the next expansion.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Personally, I wouldn’t put much effort into the same type of player housing that is found in most mmos.
I would put a lot of effort into a more innovative approach where we are the benefactors/ angel investor/ mayors of our home instances. The LW could introduce us to a cast of NPCs such as orphans, doctors, scientists, wounded soldiers, refugee families, skilled craftsman, artists, etc. who we would invite into our home instances. We would use crafting recipes, collections or scavenger hunts to produce items they would then use within the home instance, or more realistically, provide them with materials that they would use to build improvements. Carpenters could be tasked with building a stage for artists, new beds for the hospital, toys for orphanage. Essentially an interdependent ecosystem.

This would offer so much space for story telling and I think there are ways to connect the activity within the home instance to the outside world as well.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

It feels pretty great to me that an MMO doesn’t have player housing, that few people see. I’d rather see more changes to guild halls than anything more than cats & nodes in personal instances.

In my opinion, an mmo like Guild Wars is also a world simulator. While home instances and player housing don’t add much to the mmo experience they do add to the world simulation experience.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human