Any reason to buy HoT under 80lvl?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reborn.6735

Reborn.6735

Hey. My best character is only 42lvl atm, as far I saw HoT features, there isn’t any advantage I would have for buying HoT right now.
So is there anything else more than new playable class for players without 80lvl?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Nope. Its primarily geared for post 80 players. So, just wait until you’ve gotten the characters you want to 80.

Unless you pvp. You can access all the elites in pvp right off the bat. Still have to “earn” them in pve though, but you have them available to play if you pvp.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Unless you just want to have it so its not a bother later on, then there is no need to get it yet.

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

On an original GW2 account, not a restricted free to play account, I’d say HoT is only worth getting under level 80 if you know you’ll be playing for awhile and are interested something beyond the standard edition. Other editions come with an additional character slot and some other things that you can use right away.

Posted by: Reborn.6735

Reborn.6735

Ok thanks. Will wait till 80 then !

Posted by: Nonoka.7028

Nonoka.7028

And even if you’d turn level 80 now, you’d still have loads of stuff to do in central tyria, before entering HoT. It’s of course a nice distraction but I still mainly hang out in central tyria and go for HoT stuff every once in a while.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Sub 80, unless you want to play Revenant or do a lot of PvP and want the elite specs, there’s no reason to get HoT. Other than not needing to worry about buying it later when you reach that point.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

you can make a revenant, and play the elite specializations in structured pvp

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And even if you’d turn level 80 now, you’d still have loads of stuff to do in central tyria, before entering HoT. It’s of course a nice distraction but I still mainly hang out in central tyria and go for HoT stuff every once in a while.

I wouldn’t want to waste the experience though. If you turn level 80 now, when you play that character without HoT, you’re not getting any mastery experience. That alone would drive me to buy.