Any reason to leave LA now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Minus.3478

Minus.3478

You can now do everything in LA at any level without ever having to leave. I love exploring (still working on my gold star), but something tells me that most people will just spam LFG FOTW in the ‘LA lobby’ waiting to level there new toons. Ops I forgot, they will be crafting/leveling while waiting for a FOTW group. Sad really.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Makes you wonder why they worried about creating a persistent world to begin with.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

You can now do everything in LA at any level without ever having to leave. I love exploring (still working on my gold star), but something tells me that most people will just spam LFG FOTW in the ‘LA lobby’ waiting to level there new toons. Ops I forgot, they will be crafting/leveling while waiting for a FOTW group. Sad really.

Why do you care what people do to have fun? Why would you not leave LA to go explore(something you love so much) just because people are spamming FotM in LA?

Gehenna.3625

Why do you care what people do to have fun? Why would you not leave LA to go explore(something you love so much) just because people are spamming FotM in LA?

maybe he thought he bought an MMO and would run into other players while exploring…

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

don’t worry minus, someday we will be able to get pieces of ascended gear for 1 mil karma,100k badges of honor, 500k skill points, 75 gold, 2000 gems, 750 ectos and 2×100% map completion each.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

GrapeGatsby.6937

maybe he thought he bought an MMO and would run into other players while exploring…

If he/she cares so much about finding other people maybe he/she should of joined a guild or made some friends.

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

what a crazy idea. you know, someone should make a game like that.

GrapeGatsby.6937

don’t worry minus, someday we will be able to get pieces of ascended gear for 1 mil karma,100k badges of honor, 500k skill points, 75 gold, 2000 gems, 750 ectos and 2×100% map completion each.

Minus never mentioned anything about ascended gear.

nysta.6713

If he/she cares so much about finding other people maybe he/she should of joined a guild or made some friends.

i wouldn’t join a guild which would have me as a member…

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

Nope, but while you’re waiting in LA there are a couple of jumping puzzles for you to enjoy as you spam “LFG FotM lv2”

GrapeGatsby.6937

What?

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

Maybe others like to do dynamic events, look after their most-liked NSC or new NPC dialogs?

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Welcome to the LA lobby. Coat check is to your left.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Minus never mentioned anything about ascended gear.

ooops! should have finished with… “so you will see more players outside of LA in a few short months”

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Exactly what I was thinking. And, on my server, there are plenty of people running around, exploring, doing dynamic events, etc. If other people want to stand around all the time, then I hope they got their $60 worth. The rest of us will be out having fun.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

There’s plenty of reason to leave Lion’s Arch. Like the rest of the game. Or are you implying that you are so shaped by the beliefs and opinions of others that you encounter a physical boundary upon reaching the city limits?

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

GrapeGatsby.6937

Maybe others like to do dynamic events, look after their most-liked NSC or new NPC dialogs?

Nothing is stopping people from doing Dynamic Events. Turn off map chat if you want to see NPC dialogs.

Talyjta.9081

Turn off map chat if you want to see NPC dialogs.

Why? I can have both.

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

I’ve been in all five starter zones lately (World completion can bite me, but it’s fun), and I’ve seen a ton of new people in those zones and in any others I’m running around in. Not everyone is holing themselves up in LA.

GrapeGatsby.6937

Turn off map chat if you want to see NPC dialogs.

Why? I can have both.

You were never able to have both if it wasn’t FotM people spammed random nonsense in LA or other dungeons.

Talyjta.9081

No. Really no. I actually can have both, map chat (sometimes more interesting, sometimes less) and NPC dialogs. Without any problem.
Okay – maybe it’s because I myself am outside of LA most of the time…

GrapeGatsby.6937

No. Really no. I actually can have both, map chat (sometimes more interesting, sometimes less) and NPC dialogs. Without any problem.
Okay – maybe it’s because I myself am outside of LA most of the time…

If the problem itself does not pertain to you, you should probably not blindly defend a stance just to be a devil’s advocate, especially when all your counter arguments are “But I want it this way not the other way”.

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

last night while i was in la waiting for a fotm group i thought “i feel like i played gw2 up to 80 until they released the fotm patch then anet gave me a new game called fotm” lol. i mean thats all i really care to do anymore. i can usually fill up most if not all of my inventory in 1 run with mostly greens and rares making me some quick cash. i get the stuff for the new gear and good mats to. but i miss the rest of the game. but their is really no reason to go back to it without it becoming less rewarding.

GrapeGatsby.6937

last night while i was in la waiting for a fotm group i thought “i feel like i played gw2 up to 80 until they released the fotm patch then anet gave me a new game called fotm” lol. i mean thats all i really care to do anymore. i can usually fill up most if not all of my inventory in 1 run with mostly greens and rares making me some quick cash. i get the stuff for the new gear and good mats to. but i miss the rest of the game. but their is really no reason to go back to it without it becoming less rewarding.

Yep no reason unless you had fun doing the old content.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Wish for next events, they involve the other cities because LA takes forever to load now with it packed. Spread out the events/dungeon entrances in other towns so the population is spread out instead of just 1 city.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Dunno, Ive been playing since pre-release and Ive still lots of things to do! But I wouldnt mind giving more incentives for people to go out in the world instead of spamming LA chat like sheep for FoTM apart from possible a dragon quickie that doesnt give anything good most of the time (loot buff? HAH, might be a bug though.)

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Shieldbreaker.4012

Shieldbreaker.4012

I lol’d, then I cried. Good post, but I was sad that nobody else got it. How depressing that is.

Talyjta.9081

… especially when all your counter arguments are “But I want it this way not the other way”.

If you’re looking for arguments you should do more math and less RPG, because that’s for having fun. Why don’t you do what you like to do? Or, if you do what you like to do… why do you need to complain about what you’re doing?
The thread title asked “Any reason to leave LA now?” Well, there is a reason: it’s boring there. Fun is outside of LA.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Dunno, Ive been playing since pre-release and Ive still lots of things to do! But I wouldnt mind giving more incentives for people to go out in the world instead of spamming LA chat like sheep for FoTM apart from possible a dragon quickie that doesnt give anything good most of the time (loot buff? HAH, might be a bug though.)

Fastest way to do this:
Roll out ascended gear to Karma vendors, badge vendors, and DWE chests.

There are growing complaints by people who participate in fractals regarding how the cumbersome gating mechanism is causing groups to take hours to form.

I predict moving these would cause fractals to become a small niche element of the game.

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

No, there is no reason to leave LA. You can SPvP and WvW from LA, the gear grind and money farming is in LA, bank and TP in LA. The only other thing to do is boring puzzles and exploring – which is quite pointless. All of the maps are empty so nobody will run DEs. All contestable waypoints are contested.

GW2 now consists of: Fractals, SPvP, WvW.

Gehenna.3625

You know, if you have a persistent world, the whole point is that you can run into other players. I am baffled again and again that people miss this simple fact. If it’s just about guilds and doing things as a group, then you don’t need a persistent world.

Also the friends comment is nonesense. Even if you make friends, they are not always on at the same time etc. No, I refer to my earlier comment that a persistent world is there so you can run into each other while doing stuff.

GW2 would be the prime example with how events work and not needing to group up to join in.

It’s a big feature potentially but no, everybody’s doing 5-man groups in FotM now. God knows why these people play MMO’s if they spend their time only in town and dungeons.

The original GW was much better suited for that.

Face it, MMOs tend to have huge worlds but in the end people race through them to get to the so-called endgame. It’s a bit of a contradiction of the genre.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I kind of don’t give a darn about Fractals of the Mist, and have not done it yet, nor am I in a hurry to do so (rather sad fact). It really never excited me, especially with it being tied to the first instance of ascended items. I don’t see the point, as I honestly don’t want the backpack or rings offered (too costly for the supposed benefit.) I am happy with my Exotics I guess, and refuse to chase the carrot, as it were. So, as far as I am concerned, the new dungeon experience doesn’t exist for me, and I play the game as if it never happened, having fun elsewhere (so yeah, I see reasons to leave LA, but NOT because I find the latest patch positive; I just reject it as the new playstyle norm in order for me to enjoy myself, and do the same ol’ stuff as if nothing happened.)

I don’t think it’s wrong to like/enjoy FotM, I just disagree with gating, artificial dungeon difficulty levels and Ascended gear’s higher stats. Accidental DCs harming party members’ composition is another horrible concept. I don’t get it-a DCed person could reconnect during the Fissure of Woe on GW1, and I fail to see why this feature is helpful in any way or fashion, as the “challenge” provided by that mechanic is not only needless, but honestly unfair and stupid, even (no offense to any of you, nor ANet-also, all of these qualms of mine could be addressed by ANet if they agreed with them and so wished, however unlikely that scenario may be.)

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

nysta.6713

I lol’d, then I cried. Good post, but I was sad that nobody else got it. How depressing that is.

thanks i’m glad someone else has taste :P

Posted by: Mil.3562

Mil.3562

I’ve been in all five starter zones lately (World completion can bite me, but it’s fun), and I’ve seen a ton of new people in those zones and in any others I’m running around in. Not everyone is holing themselves up in LA.

This must be the biggest lie, besides Anet’s Manifesto, I have come across this year. Do you work in Anet?