Any serious end game?

Any serious end game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mastra.6430

Mastra.6430

Heyo. I havent played GW2 since last fall. Hit 80 and moved on. But im starting to get the itch to play again.

I was planning on coming back. start a new character. But im curious on how the end game is currently. Or if there is any. That way i can still have that drive to play knowing that at 80 that wont be it really.

Thanks

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

There are a lot pf players, including myself, that treat WvW as the endgame. You can do your dailies/ monthlies there, and progress towards ascended rings and amulet. One could also view saving up for, and learning the role to command, as progression as well. Some would say there is no skill level involved, but I highly disagree. There are plenty of situations that are not blob vs. blob where individual skill and teamwork decide the outcomes. I personally never run out of things to do, and spend gold on. Alting in WvW can be very rewarding, but expensive to keep a lowbie in the rare gear needed to not be a burden on your team. It’s also possible to experiment with different builds for different game play on the same character, which can lead to a a need to get more ascended. Hopefully, they add ways to get accessories and back pieces in WvW. As far as re-playability; it depends on what you like. I find it to be different every day, but some see it as the same old. But then again, how is that any different than other endgames?

Hopefully the ranking system gets a tweak, because being a part of your server rising in ranks is pretty rewarding intrinsically, and a good form of “meta-progression”.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Hrithmus.2583

Hrithmus.2583

It’s called Guild Missions. Guild bounty Tier 1-3, Guild Rush, Guild Puzzles etc etc. Not sure why people forget about these. Maybe the guild your in has no clue how to do them? It’s all end game content. As for like Raids and stuff. Nothing.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

WvW is the only real endgame, but without some sort of new maps, deathspam and the ability to see enemy names it will likely not be personal enough to keep players against upcoming openworld pvp MMO’s.

sPvP e-sports is unlikely to happen without some massive hype and cash incentives for pro teams.

PvE “endgame” consists of running Fractals, over, and over, and over. Until you can’t just run past mobs in Explorable modes, until bosses have interesting mechanics that dont just 1-shot you on a failed dodge roll, until Fractals isn’t the only “high end” dungeon, PvE has nothing competitive to offer anyone.

GW2 is really close to being one of the best MMO’s ever made, but they are sitting like 10 feet from the finish line in every major game mode for some reason.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Any serious end game?

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

No serious end game, other than wvw

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

End-game atm has a few avenues:
Achievements: with the newly implemented rewards system, there is good reason to complete as much achievement point-related activities as possible.
WvW: New wvw ranks allow you to access wvw-specific skills like increased seige damage and stat bonuses.
PvP: Somewhat related to achievement points, but ranking up in pvp is end-game too.
Ascended gear: Currently accessories and backpeices take a while to craft. In the future (sometime in 2013) they will be adding ascended weapons and armor, which will be craftable with a new tier in crafting disciplines (500).
PvE: Fractals (edited).

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

(edited by Quick Mouse.7635)

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

serious as in?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

If you mean WoW Endgame, no, this is not WoW.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

high level fractals, Arah, WvW

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

WvW, but even than that’s pushing it since it’s mostly just zerging.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

If you are looking for difficult PVE endgame..fractals bud. As you go higher in the fractal levels(which are endless) it gets more difficult. And some of the mechanics and fractals contain some of the most unique mechanics ive seen. And yes Ive raided in wow for years.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The only serious end game is WvW, tournament s/tPvP…

Other than that, you collect fluffy pink rainbow back pieces in a bi weekly fashion parade…

Any serious end game?

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

It’s called Guild Missions. Guild bounty Tier 1-3, Guild Rush, Guild Puzzles etc etc. Not sure why people forget about these. Maybe the guild your in has no clue how to do them? It’s all end game content. As for like Raids and stuff. Nothing.

Guild Missions aren’t an end-game. It’s just a another random event you do with other people. Another farming option. That’s it.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

There’s no such thing in gw2.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

End game, what is that?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Playing dress up and standing akitten Lions Arch

Any serious end game?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Guild Missions aren’t an end-game. It’s just a another random event you do with other people. Another farming option. That’s it.

It all depends on what’s your definition of end-game. If by end-game you means instanced raids then there is none (thank god)
If end-game means content that gives top rewards, then Guild Missions are end-game because it’s the best way to get Ascended Accessories.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Didn’t you hear? In GW2 end game starts at level 1!

One – Piken Square

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Not really. Work towards your desired cosmetic gear (currently fun for me). The dungeons get boring after running through them multiple times, and the DEs are the same every single time you run them.

Any serious end game?

Nuka Cola.8520

I don’t think anyone on this thread mention it ‘yet’ but its always funny when you ask what kind of end game gw2 has and some1 answers “legendary weapons” lmao. Crafting a skin is end game, you know the game has none when end game is supposed to be crafting a weapon.

Any serious end game?

maddoctor.2738

I don’t think anyone on this thread mention it ‘yet’ but its always funny when you ask what kind of end game gw2 has and some1 answers “legendary weapons” lmao. Crafting a skin is end game, you know the game has none when end game is supposed to be crafting a weapon.

Maybe because recently people realised that crafting a legendary weapons isn’t a worthy “end-game” so they don’t mention it anymore.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s especially funny when people like you keep making comments about end game in a game that wasn’t designed to have an “end game” in the traditional sense of the word. It’s like you’re in another world, listening to other stuff, and not paying attention at all.

There’s no ultra challenging content for huge groups to do in this game, with the possible exception of WvW and maybe some guild missions.

It’s just not the game you want…and that’s okay. There are plenty of other games out there that are.

Any serious end game?

Nuka Cola.8520

Maybe because recently people realised that crafting a legendary weapons isn’t a worthy “end-game” so they don’t mention it anymore.

now if only crafting a skin was endgame to begin with.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Ok could you then please tell what the hell is a “worthy end-game”, when we are talking about a video game where people are supposed to waste their free time?

One – Piken Square

Any serious end game?

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

now if only crafting a skin was endgame to begin with.

Hmm, what I love is that you came on here to insult people who hadn’t even said anything. The comment you looked for “craft a legendary” isn’t here, so you complained about it anyway. The OP didn’t ask “what isn’t endgame?”.

Anyway, thanks for that, it made me laugh.

Also, use of the word “worthy” … (second person quoted) … always makes me nervous. What is “worthy” to be called endgame will differ from person to person, so it’s a subjective term. Maybe we shouldn’t throw it around like it’s objective.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I wonder what was the endgame in GW1 xD

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Any serious end game?

maddoctor.2738

Getting your favorite armor skin, getting your favorite armor skin for your favorite heroes, getting your favorite weapon skin, getting your favorite weapon skin for your favorite heroes.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Oh, I thought it was memorizing all the skills from every profession till they released new professions and new skills.

Skill treadmill, lol.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Any serious end game?

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

If you are looking for difficult PVE endgame..fractals bud. As you go higher in the fractal levels(which are endless) it gets more difficult. And some of the mechanics and fractals contain some of the most unique mechanics ive seen. And yes Ive raided in wow for years.

Wrong. 80 is the highest level, its capped at 80 even in fractals.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Hush. He’s talking Fractal level, not character levels.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Akitten LA is best end game.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Any serious end game?

maddoctor.2738

Hush. He’s talking Fractal level, not character levels.

80 is the last Fractal Level too

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

For people who arent above 50 its now hardcapped there. So the max is 50.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Any serious end game?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Legendary weapons

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

The question is: how is endgame defined to you, OP?

Any serious end game?

Posted by: DiscipleofLaw.3796

DiscipleofLaw.3796

I have a couple 80s now and I myself am worried that I’ve run out of stuff to do in this game. I’ve done all the dungeons, I’ve gotten to lvl 20 in fractals (good enough for me), I’ve explored the world. I’m not much of a PvPer in any of the MMOs I’ve played, so that’s not really an option for me. I’m not sure what I’m looking for.

I did like how they added whole new areas to the GW1 expansions, new skills.. Stuff like that I could look forward to!

Any serious end game?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Getting your favorite armor skin, getting your favorite armor skin for your favorite heroes, getting your favorite weapon skin, getting your favorite weapon skin for your favorite heroes.

Fissure of Woe
Sorrow’s Furnace
Underworld
Faction’s two elite dungeons
Domain of Anguish
Hall of Heroes (PvP)
Guild vs Guild (PvP)
Vanquishing
Hard Mode missions/ dungeons
Titles
Cosmetics
Party’s build/ gear.

In comparison, GW2 has acchievements, cosmetics, ascended grind, WvW and sPvP.

sPvP is currently not at the level that GW1’s PvP was at, and most of GW2’s dungeons and areas are so easy and broken, they’re more farming spots than proper endgame challenging content.

EDIT: Just realized how old this topic is.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

U can grind! All the champs in frostgorge sounds for hours and hours. Wait till they find out a bot system that auto wp and auto attack for you. Then you going to be rich. And if tired of grinding champs u can always grind same dungeon again again and again. Or u can just do some random orr grind.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think GW2 has a lot of ‘end game’ now :-

3 headed wurm
Tequatl

High level (upto 50th lvl) Fractals

Guild Missions

Get a legendary skin, then a full weapon set of legendarys

WvW, endless battles in the mists

PvP, try to be number 1 (or as high as you can go)

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

While this is all interesting to read, I would much rather know what TS views as ‘end game’ ?

And what endgame is will depend a lot of how you play the game as well, currently my endgame goal is to get a legendary, through just playing the game. At the rate I’m going it will more then likely keep me busy for years to come. :P

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Seriously, I never came across this term “endgame” before in any game I played until Diablo III. Which is funny, because I played Diablo II to death and I never heard this term mentioned.

Apparently it’s something that sprang out of WoW, which I never played, and is an expected “feature” of any MMORPG today.

And I say to that: kitten.

Just keep playing the game as always. It’s fun to play, right? That’s why you keep playing.

It’s like Chess. You keep playing chess over and over because it’s fun, right? There is no “endgame” outside of the literal endgame at the end of each game. If you won your school varsity tournament, do now consider it “over” and look for an “endgame” as if you have “graduated” from playing varsity tournaments?

Or is it like a relationship between a boy and a girl, you date, you kiss, you have have sex, get married, then now you’re looking forward to the “endgame?” Nay, it started from love when you were in courtship, you still love after marriage, right? Or no? Then yeah maybe it’s because there was no love and you’re looking for some “endgame.” When you’re supposed to be fine just loving each other.

Same with GW2. You’re supposed to be enjoying the game, right? If you enjoy it, that should be reason enough to keep playing whatever you’ve been playing all along, “endgames” are not needed.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Same with GW2. You’re supposed to be enjoying the game, right? If you enjoy it, that should be reason enough to keep playing whatever you’ve been playing all along, “endgames” are not needed.

Hell no! I love this game to bits, but that doesn’t mean that a poor endgame will keep me playing, or more to the point, enjoying the game. I don’t like the one game mode that exists in sPvP, but I love sPvP. I Love the dungeons and fractals, but I can’t bother anymore, because I’ve done dungeons so very much already and I’m looking for a challenge, but my beloved guild rarely wants to play high-level fractals, and I really don’t want to PUG. And even if I could do guildruns in fractals all the time, I’d get bored because I want more challenging content!

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Life is my end game cause u never know what to expect…..

R.I.P Kumu <3

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

WvW
PvP
Dungeons+Fractals
Meta Events (Orr temples, legendary bosses)
Farmin
AP hunting
Keyboard philosopher in LA

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

3 (or 4?) waypoints were added as well as a few points of interest all over the maps, more or less what is left as perma-content from all the living story grinds we got these past months.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Milkduds.7109

Milkduds.7109

Seriously, I never came across this term “endgame” before in any game I played until Diablo III. Which is funny, because I played Diablo II to death and I never heard this term mentioned.

Apparently it’s something that sprang out of WoW, which I never played, and is an expected “feature” of any MMORPG today.

And I say to that: kitten.

Just keep playing the game as always. It’s fun to play, right? That’s why you keep playing.

It’s like Chess. You keep playing chess over and over because it’s fun, right? There is no “endgame” outside of the literal endgame at the end of each game. If you won your school varsity tournament, do now consider it “over” and look for an “endgame” as if you have “graduated” from playing varsity tournaments?

Or is it like a relationship between a boy and a girl, you date, you kiss, you have have sex, get married, then now you’re looking forward to the “endgame?” Nay, it started from love when you were in courtship, you still love after marriage, right? Or no? Then yeah maybe it’s because there was no love and you’re looking for some “endgame.” When you’re supposed to be fine just loving each other.

Wow, someone gets it! Applause for you!

People don’t realize how “endgame” killed WoW. The entire experience of Warcraft became centered around instanced “endgame” content just to satisfy people who couldn’t stand to step away from the game for 2 months while something cool was developed. The game has become this insular, instanced, crap-fest where everyone lives in one raid for months, burns out, then demands more “endgame” in the form of another boring raid.

The result is that low level content is left in the dust. The “world” of Warcraft is literally a dead corpse that players mock as “irrelevant”, “useless”, and “obsolete”. Why? BECAUSE IT’S NOT ENDGAME.

Endgame kills games. It ruins the entire experience. It is a game that devs cannot win because they cannot keep up with the demand for it and they end up neglecting a whole segment of their playerbase (new players, returning players, explorer/pvp/casual players) for the endgame junkies.

It was absurd in Diablo III. It’s like people expected raids or some kind of e-sport once they geared out their character. Did they forget what Diablo II was like?

As for GW2… this game was NEVER advertised as an “endgame” focused game. If I ever hear someone in GW2 say “THE GAME STARTS AT LEVEL CAP” I will know that it has jumped the shark, because that’s when WoW became the lamest word in the dictionary.

People need to get over this endgame craze and just enjoy the journey. Don’t enjoy journeys, adventures, and playing for fun? You’re in the WRONG genre. The WoW days are over.

“All is Vain…”

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

what is end game?

Any serious end game?

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

End game is actually a term that has been used since Ultima Online. It’s in reference to what you’re supposed to do once you’ve gotten your character completely skilled/leveled up.

Any serious end game?

Posted by: Milkduds.7109

Milkduds.7109

End game is actually a term that has been used since Ultima Online. It’s in reference to what you’re supposed to do once you’ve gotten your character completely skilled/leveled up.

It means so much more than that now. People literally buy games now, install them, and ask, “So what is endgame?”.

The culture of “Endgame is real game” is the kittentiest thing I’ve ever seen in this hobby.

“All is Vain…”

Any serious end game?

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

It means so much more than that now. People literally buy games now, install them, and ask, “So what is endgame?”.

The culture of “Endgame is real game” is the kittentiest thing I’ve ever seen in this hobby.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I rather enjoy the journey rather than the destination. This fact probably explains why I enjoy making alts so much.

I personally don’t understand the need to hurry up the leveling process.