Any way to monitor when temple attacks start?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

I recently came back from a 6 month break and am so far enjoying this megaserver thing.

However, the site I used to use to monitor when Temple events are starting no longer works. Is there a site that does this anymore or is it not possible? I know boss events are on timers now.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s no longer possible. All other meta events are on schedules, but that can’t be done with the temples, due to the complexity of the event chains.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It’s no longer possible. All other meta events are on schedules, but that can’t be done with the temples, due to the complexity of the event chains.

I am not sure what is so “complex”. Before every server had it’s own event chain, and they could be tracked. Now with Megaservers you have like 1,2 maybe 3 map instances max.

I think it’s more of an anet didn’t get it’s data together for sharing the info.

Just because they opted to put “Mega” in the name doesn’t make it some newly created logistical nightmare, it’s still a single map instance.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I am not sure what is so “complex”. Before every server had it’s own event chain, and they could be tracked. Now with Megaservers you have like 1,2 maybe 3 map instances max.

I think it’s more of an anet didn’t get it’s data together for sharing the info.

Just because they opted to put “Mega” in the name doesn’t make it some newly created logistical nightmare, it’s still a single map instance.

Nope. In every other instance, there’s a schedule for when the pre-event starts, and you have 15 minutes to do that event chain.

Now with the temples, because the pre-events can have different states, and they’re on all the time, it’s not possible. The servers can’t be synchronized.

Think of this example. 2 servers start doing the event chain at the same time. Server one goes all the way through, without failing an event. Server 2 messes up the event chain over and over. It keeps restarting. There’s no limit to how many times those event chains can restart.

On server 1 the temple is already taken and there’s a defense event up. That happens in no other meta. The defense event fails and one set of circumstances happen. If it succeeds another set of circumstances.

But on the second server, they haven’t taken the temple yet and they’re still repeating the same event.

So the servers can’t be in sync and so you can’t have a timer.

Unlike other simpler events which can just have a schedule.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Nope. In every other instance, there’s a schedule for when the pre-event starts, and you have 15 minutes to do that event chain.

Now with the temples, because the pre-events can have different states, and they’re on all the time, it’s not possible. The servers can’t be synchronized.

Think of this example. 2 servers start doing the event chain at the same time. Server one goes all the way through, without failing an event. Server 2 messes up the event chain over and over. It keeps restarting. There’s no limit to how many times those event chains can restart.

On server 1 the temple is already taken and there’s a defense event up. That happens in no other meta. The defense event fails and one set of circumstances happen. If it succeeds another set of circumstances.

But on the second server, they haven’t taken the temple yet and they’re still repeating the same event.

So the servers can’t be in sync and so you can’t have a timer.

Unlike other simpler events which can just have a schedule.

what he is saying is not inaccurate, it is most likely that subastantially less servers exist in Orr than they did previously.
therefore tracking the events is not actually any harder than it was before.

However the main difference is the api wouldnt have the same info, nor can people choose their megaserver. Its definately possible to track, but they would have to change around the api a bit. Mostly, they probably arent that interested in giving people access to that type of info at this time, nor interested enough to rebuild the api for it.

it would essentially require them to show all the current instances and their IP addresses, and when they are closing/etc. At this time my guess is they dont want to give people such info.

To be clear, they wouldnt have to synchronize the servers, they would just have to show the current states of the available servers.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Knowing the state of an event chain on any given Orr instance does not help if you as a player cannot voluntarily choose which instance you go to.