Any word from Anet on RMB-free mouselook?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cazliostro.7140

Cazliostro.7140

Hey, all -

Has anyone heard from the devs whether or not they are planning to implement a “mouselook” mode? A hotkey which frees us from holding down the right-mouse button all the time? Future patch maybe?

There were several posts about this a few weeks back but I haven’t seen anything about it for awhile. It’s a very important topic of concern for me and many others… repetitive stress on the carpals and tendons and all that…

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

I don’t think it will happen.
Unless they find a way to make the game figure out when you want to turn your view instead of moving your cursor.

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

Would be great if they gave us the option to toggle it, i am holding the RMB down 90% of the time.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

You can already use autohotkey to code a very easy right click toggle.

Posted by: Ashmedai.8736

Ashmedai.8736

http://www.mediafire.com/?902axmkrr484ne9

Combat Mode macro.

Uses Autohotkey. Turns on mouse look, sets MB1 to first attack and MB2 to dodge. Toggles and puts crosshair in middle of screen.

Check out the readme file… enjoy.

I got tired of waiting for Anet to do this so found someone that had already fixed the game for me… works like a charm.

Cazliostro.7140

@Ashmedai

Thanks, man!

:)

Posted by: hainricher.9086

hainricher.9086

is it illegal??

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

I don’t think it will happen.
Unless they find a way to make the game figure out when you want to turn your view instead of moving your cursor.

The only difference would be the mouselook button being a toggle instead of a hold.

If they wanted to move the cursor they would press the key which toggles it off.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

is it illegal??

Questionable. No one has been suspended from using it. ArenaNet is aware of it but refuses to say yes/no to any specific third party application. Third party policy is here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-Third-Party-Programs/

The best way for a player to assess whether a specific third-party program could have any impact on another player or a PvP opponent is to ask:
• “Does this program allow someone to play faster, better, longer, or more accurately than someone who doesn’t use it?”
• “Does this program allow someone to ‘play’ when he/she is not at the computer?”
• “Does this program allow the user to gain undeserved rewards?”

In the end: Use at your own risk.

I’ve personally coded my own simple RMB toggle that is togglable via double right click or/and a specific hotkey. I find the UI be a lot easier to use than Combat Mode’s. It’s just as if you were holding down right click, but via a toggle, as I wish it was initially implemented. Simple yet effective.
I’ma be cleaning up the C# source more and releasing it + the source later in the month, assuming I have enough time. Keep an eye on Reddit.

Cazliostro.7140

upon researching – I think combat mode may be too elaborate for me. all I want to do is hold down the RMB…

Found this script for autohotkey:

RButton:: Send {rbutton down}

After that, click Shift
Right Button toggles the right button being held down, and just clicking the right button again toggles it back off.

Dear Anet:

please do not ban me for this. I am a very happy customer and satisfied in every way except for this one issue. My middle finger gets tired and sore… making my right wrist tired and sore. this fixes it.

Red Falcon.8257

It’s quite simple, this one makes right click into a toggle and automatically toggles back to cursor when you hit map/inventory/hero screen.

#NoEnv
SendMode Input

#IfWinActive Guild Wars 2

$RButton::
If (Toggle := !Toggle)
Send {RButton Down}
Else
Send {RButton up}
Return

$!RButton::
if (Toggle)
{
Toggle := !Toggle
}
Send {RButton}
Return

~m::
~h::
~i::
if (Toggle)
{
Toggle := !Toggle
Send {RButton up}
}
Return

#IfWinActive

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I really suggest to be carefull using these things..Do you want to end up losing your account over the RMB ? You got no official response,thats mean its Not allright to use it,otherwise they would have said so,so the possibility of this being seen as an exploit,hack,is pretty big,and when they do detect it,dont be surprised to see you get banned though.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Yeah, I’m not using it either. Mainly because I’m so used to using RMB since I’ve been using it for like 6 years in GW1 lol

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

I really suggest to be carefull using these things..Do you want to end up losing your account over the RMB ? You got no official response,thats mean its Not allright to use it,otherwise they would have said so,so the possibility of this being seen as an exploit,hack,is pretty big,and when they do detect it,dont be surprised to see you get banned though.

There was an official response, and it specifically said they weren’t vetting any specific third party applications, but would not ban unless the third party applications were found to be… bad. The regulations for “bad” are very vaguely outlined in the third party policy thread stickied in the account issues thread.

Red Falcon.8257

AutoHotkey isn’t something you can detect or ban, it’s just a code that hits your keyboard buttons / mouse movements.
Of course if you use this for automating your character or doing actions while AFK it’s considered botting.
Note that if this was bannable then all gaming hardware would be bannable as well, as it comes with macro programs.

Please use reason.

Posted by: Mekboss.5069

Mekboss.5069

Same answer as everything else concerning the UI, it ruins their ‘art style’.

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Please repost in suggestions. I want to give it a giant +1 but idk how much good it would do here.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.