Any word on the new gem store weapon skins?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

So with the patch coming…I am hearing that there are 4 new weapon skins also dropping on the same day on the gem store.

“Bust out your gem cards and grab your gold, because the Black Lion Trading Company has some exciting new goodies to sell you! Whether you’re looking to add to your plush backpack collection, or just want to channel your inner-mole with the Sonic Tunneling Toy you’ll never want to leave town to use any of the four new weapon skins that will be available for a limited time. Yes, you can finally wear Rox’s quiver. Rangers rejoice!” – GW2Guru

From that, it makes me think we are getting:

New Plush Backpack
Sonic Tunneling Toy
Rox’s Quiver (pic in the attachments)
3 more Weapon Skins

any word on what they are?

Attachments:

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Toy and another Plush backback omg stop please !!!! The quiver looks amazing more things like that!! LESS things like kittenning quaggans…Please ArenaNet treat GW2 like MMO not like virtual toy shop for kids

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Because MMO means dark metal heavy armor with spikes and flames.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

rox’ quiver, rox’ bow, braham’s mace, braham’s shield

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yeah, that seems like the most obvious possibility.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Toy and another Plush backback omg stop please !!!! The quiver looks amazing more things like that!! LESS things like kittenning quaggans…Please ArenaNet treat GW2 like MMO not like virtual toy shop for kids

They put out what sells. As always we vote with our wallets and plushies won.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Oh boy, ANET is good at keeping gem prices high!

I guess investing would be a smart idea in the future…

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

So Rangers finally get a Quiver outside of Fractals, and it is tossed in the gem store? Yay…

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Just the other day I saw a norn or charr warrior with big, bulky, spikey full plate armor and some small plush teddy bear looking back item. It was quite sad.

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Just the other day I saw a norn or charr warrior with big, bulky, spikey full plate armor and some small plush teddy bear looking back item. It was quite sad.

I believe you mean “awesome.”
Also, that quiver looks so awesome it might make me no longer care about getting a rifle for my Thief

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

So Rangers finally get a Quiver outside of Fractals, and it is tossed in the gem store? Yay…

I know it’s bullkitten, is it so hard for them to put it guild merchant tab or laurel shop? it’s kittening frustrating dealing with this kitten when ranger should have get it by default.

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

This bothers me for one reason. Some people cant afford to pay for gems with real money or have the money to convert in game gold to gems. Thus they bought the game knowing that it was going to be free and that you can obtain everything without paying a dime. It just takes longer. NOW Anet is just putting a lot of crap into BL chests that people want. Fused weapon skins are a big example of this.. They are out to line there pockets and i don’t think it is fair to the rest of us. Yes we can eventually get it but for some this is seen as not fair and will cause some people to steer away from GW2. I really think there should be another way to get these skins rather than just the GEM STORE. especially when the price of gold to gems goes threw the freakin roof!

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Grimwolf.7163

This bothers me for one reason. Some people cant afford to pay for gems with real money or have the money to convert in game gold to gems. Thus they bought the game knowing that it was going to be free and that you can obtain everything without paying a dime. It just takes longer. NOW Anet is just putting a lot of crap into BL chests that people want. Fused weapon skins are a big example of this.. They are out to line there pockets and i don’t think it is fair to the rest of us. Yes we can eventually get it but for some this is seen as not fair and will cause some people to steer away from GW2. I really think there should be another way to get these skins rather than just the GEM STORE. especially when the price of gold to gems goes threw the freakin roof!

That’s just stingy; how do you expect them to make money from this game? There’s no subscription, no expansions. Compared to almost every other MMO out there, the cash grab in this game is mild as hell. Literally the only underhanded method they use is the Black Lion Chest. They even allow you to trade Gold for Gems, which I’ve never seen before.
Hell, I’ve seen plenty of subscription based MMOs that abuse the cash shop more than this game.
You’re whining about a cosmetic item costing money? Try playing when you have to pay real money to use the chat, have more than a single inventory bag, go through dungeons, join a guild, or level at an acceptable rate.
If they don’t make money off this game, it doesn’t get updates. It if did poorly enough the whole thing would get shut down.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I forgot the times when devs were actually adding new skins to end game and not a kittening gem store…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

As a Charr warrior, I take pride in my plushie backpack.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

That’s just stingy; how do you expect them to make money from this game? There’s no subscription, no expansions. Compared to almost every other MMO out there, the cash grab in this game is mild as hell. Literally the only underhanded method they use is the Black Lion Chest. They even allow you to trade Gold for Gems, which I’ve never seen before.
Hell, I’ve seen plenty of subscription based MMOs that abuse the cash shop more than this game.
You’re whining about a cosmetic item costing money? Try playing when you have to pay real money to use the chat, have more than a single inventory bag, go through dungeons, join a guild, or level at an acceptable rate.
If they don’t make money off this game, it doesn’t get updates. It if did poorly enough the whole thing would get shut down.

EQ1 has a F2P option, Sub model (can be bought with in game currency so you never spend a dime if you want the gold account) and in their store you buy whatever weapon skin you want without pulling a slot reel.

That game came out at the end of 90s a sub only game and can make a cash shop where you can buy everything you want with in game currency without gambling and play for free now.

So why can’t Anet do this again with a new game? Because EQ sure as hell isn’t selling 3 million copies any time soon.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Grimwolf.7163

EQ1 has a F2P option, Sub model (can be bought with in game currency so you never spend a dime if you want the gold account) and in their store you buy whatever weapon skin you want without pulling a slot reel.

That game came out at the end of 90s a sub only game and can make a cash shop where you can buy everything you want with in game currency without gambling and play for free now.

So why can’t Anet do this again with a new game? Because EQ sure as hell isn’t selling 3 million copies any time soon.

Took me 5 minutes to look up that game’s subscription model.
If you don’t pay $15 a month like so many other MMOs, you have limited access to character abilities, you have limited access to equipment, you cannot send any mail, you miss out on “Loyalty Rewards”, you have limited “Mercenary Tiers,” whatever that is, you can’t access a Guild Hall, you can’t create your own guild, you have limited access to the “Broker System,” you have limited chat access, you cannot access the “Progression Server,” you cannot contact Customer Support, and you get in-game advertising.
Real great model.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Took me 5 minutes to look up that game’s subscription model.
If you don’t pay $15 a month like so many other MMOs, you have limited access to character abilities, you have limited access to equipment, you cannot send any mail, you miss out on “Loyalty Rewards”, you have limited “Mercenary Tiers,” whatever that is, you can’t access a Guild Hall, you can’t create your own guild, you have limited access to the “Broker System,” you have limited chat access, you cannot access the “Progression Server,” you cannot contact Customer Support, and you get in-game advertising.
Real great model.

Grats on not reading literally anything I typed. Everything you listed can be gotten in game WITH IN GAME CURRENCY.

There I used caps this time. Read. Don’t tell me it isn’t true when I currently play the kitten game and don’t spend a dime on it and I have a gold subscription that was bought with in game currency, not $15 US.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Or how about GW1. I stopped playing before Eye of the North but I’m pretty sure the model was to simply have a game that was buy then play. This game doesn’t have expansions yet but it will and we will have to pay for them.

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I forgot the times when devs were actually adding new skins to end game and not a kittening gem store…

Sadly, the gem store has kinda become the end-game for me. The exchange rate might be awful, but at least buying with gold=play your way. More than I can say for any of the other reward schemes.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

anyway….back on topic…this seems likely for me…

Rox’s Bow is a shortbow yes?

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

IKR

Why can’t a quiver be a Dungeon Armor/Item? Like do a specific dungeon, get the tokens, get the quiver that coincides with that dungeon.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Sick, more limited time only stuff. Cash grab much? :/

Let me combat in my town clothes and I’ll give you money… otherwise no, especially not when you put ‘limited time only’ things in the gem store. Just ew.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

No. He used Barrage when i played. So it’s a longbow.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’d far rather stuff like this was in the gem shop than be gated behind RNG, be forced to grind for it, or pay for it with in game gold.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Posted by: Legend.6941

Legend.6941

How ironic would it be to release a dagger skin and nerf ele d/d at same time.

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

No, I just checked, it is a short bow.

If it were a long bow I would buy it right away.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

No, I just checked, it is a short bow.

If it were a long bow I would buy it right away.

Do you by any chance main a necro?

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks