Any word on the personality system?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Juzztn.1305

Juzztn.1305

I was really excited pre-launch for the personality system, then launch came and it wasn’t implemented at all. Has there been any word about it? Will it be in the Jan/Feb updates? Or does Anet have any plans for it at all?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personality

Unsure what you mean. It has been in since beta and works just as it is supposed to. What exactly isn’t implemented with it?

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Juzztn.1305

I’ve never noticed children being frightened of my ferocious characters, and choosing dialogue options doesn’t really affect anything for most conversations. I guess I was expecting something a lot more in-depth and impactful.

Posted by: Weebitt.3157

Weebitt.3157

If you bring up your hero window on the top you will see 2 grey icon outlines; click the one on the far right and it will show your personality profile.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Most of the time, you’re given an option to select from all three options, so I don’t really feel like it’s implemented at all either. Hopefully, it’s one of the things they’re working on and improving.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I’d love to see the actual cutscenes change based on your personality makeup.

I’d love to see my characters start spouting hilariously biting cynicism like myself.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I was able to execute one bad guy in one early human story-mission.

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

It would be cool if we could display the title based on our personality.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

If my character acted based on the “personality” he currently has, he would be the most charming undignified passive person ever to walk the earth.

He would be Vash the Stampede 0_o

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

It’s one of the things (like most of the things) from the manifesto video that were greatly exaggerated (just like “if you save a village they residents will remember”…no, they don’t). So it’s likely implemented and in the way they intended it just doesn’t reflect how they were promoting it and comes off as fairly hollow when actually playing it.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

It’s one of the things (like most of the things) from the manifesto video that were greatly exaggerated (just like “if you save a village they residents will remember”…no, they don’t). So it’s likely implemented and in the way they intended it just doesn’t reflect how they were promoting it and comes off as fairly hollow when actually playing it.

^This.

If you want a character that actually develops a personality then go play SWTOR because its really good at that and telling a great story! GW2 just feels so dead in those departments even when they gave them crazy pre release hype! Maybe they’ll implement a better more Bioware like personality system to make your Personal Story feel more personal.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Personalty system is useless

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Shadelen.4053

Shadelen.4053

SWOTOR RPG not mmo

Posted by: Amen.2630

Amen.2630

complete crap, there is no personality and no personal story

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

SWOTOR RPG not mmo

Its SWTOR, not swotor…lol

However, yes the game died like a dodo BUT you cannot deny their character personality system was a fantastic idea, you (if you wanted) could see visual changes depending on your choices, cut scenes/player conversation options had an actual impact on how the scene and NPCs reacted to you. It was great for imersion.

If I could steal anything from one game and add it to GW2, it would have to be the whole character personality/persona system from SWTOR

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Genewen.2415

Genewen.2415

I was really excited pre-launch for the personality system, then launch came and it wasn’t implemented at all. Has there been any word about it? Will it be in the Jan/Feb updates? Or does Anet have any plans for it at all?

I have no idea what you were hyped for, but not for the personality system that the devs talked about pre-release. They always made clear that it would not unlock or differentiate content, but was just an option to answer in a different way, but with the same outcome. Which is basically exactly what we have.

Juzztn.1305

I have no idea what you were hyped for, but not for the personality system that the devs talked about pre-release. They always made clear that it would not unlock or differentiate content, but was just an option to answer in a different way, but with the same outcome. Which is basically exactly what we have.

They specifically said it would change the way NPC’s relate to your character. The only NPC’s that change are the ones who give you the options, and many of them you can answer multiple times so the whole point is moot.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I think a cool thing that would add customization & flavor to all players is to change their Idle stances & facial expression to show their personality. So the 9 or so personalities would have different stances that show what kind of person they are. Wouldn’t change the gameplay but it would help with the customization.

Plus then you could make a Sylvari or a Human without the silly grin on their faces & human males wouldn’t have to look like they have a rod in their spine.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Ya, I don’t even know why they even have it in game at this point; I mean it doesn’t change/do anything. It would be cool if there was some sort of noticeable difference in how your character gets to interact with the world or something.

I hope they choose to do something with it at some point…

(edited by Sollith.3502)

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

When I first heard about it before release, it sounded too good to be true for an MMO. The best I had figured was something along the lines of Fable.

I can understand the lack of depth in choices and changes (like Bioware games), but at the very least, something like a selection of voices to choose from in character creation would have been cool.

From there, NPCs reacting to your personality and even new animations for emotes would be nice changes that wouldn’t be as drastic as implementing a full-scale character arc like Dragon Age etc.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

one word: BLAND.

i hope the next expansion would have major improvements on personal story. i say next expansion since i highly doubt this will be looked into and improved sooner in upcoming patches.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”