Anyone Else hoarding laurels ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I’m afraid to use my laurels because I know the new ascended stuff is right around the corner and we know how alt unfriendly the game is. Is anyone else saving them up as well?

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

meh i had 100 saved up soo i went ahead and bought the cattonic. :-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I do, same for mats

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Not me, I’m spending them as fast as I get them. Just finished “ascending” my guardian and mesmer (well, mesmer still needs the accesories, but I’ll slowly get them with guild commendations… if I’m not tempted on another of the weapon skins, that is) and 4 days ago I spent the ones I had in a ring for my warrior that just turned 80..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

I haven’t even ‘spoken’ to the vendor for ages. Too many characters and not enough laurels for them all.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I only do my dailys maybe 4 times a week and I have only completed the monthly in June and July so far. I have been playing since April. I bought some amulet when my main turned 80. The rest I have spent on dyes and other junk.

The Burninator

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Yes, but not for any reason. I just haven’t bothered.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I wish I’d been hoarding them now. Every time I spend them I find a reason why I should have saved them for something else.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

As soon as I had my first 100, I bought the cattonic…. I didn’t even look beyond that…

I also bought an ascended item with it, simply because my main was still wearing a green item… I don’t really care for that ascended stuff but, as it was free, who am I to say no?

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I haven’t bought a single scrap of Ascended gear. I spend my laurels on Dyes mainly. I’ve got ~50 laurels right now just because I’m not sure which Alt will seize my attention next and require more color options.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I can’t say I’m hoarding them but I don’t have anything to spend them on. I haven’t even bought any dyes for weeks.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Nah, blew them all on T6 mats

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

no- I buy dyes- all the time
I have 3 mains and I buy dyes, as fast as I can get laurels
it makes me happy and I look fabulous

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

just last night I bought a couple Mystic Binding Agents, some Heavy Crafting Bags, and Chauncey von Snuffles III.
Mystic Binding Agent = best gold : laurel value, though not directly convertible to gold.
Heavy Crafting Bags = I only find so many cores, so it would take a long time to use MBA’s, during which time I’ll get more laurels to replace the ones I just bought.
Chauncey = I’m not exactly poor, so I should get at least one thing that can’t be got anywhere else in the game.

I got full infused ascended trinkets and back for all 3 of my characters months ago. ascended weapons/armor? probably not going to be obtainable from laurels IMO. If guild commendations had better return and no hero banners, I would of offloaded all of those as well.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Sitting on about 270 laurels at the moment. Seeing how slow they are acquired, i’m not going to spend them on anything i’m not 200% sure i will need. For now, i am waiting to see if anything will be added to vendor list when the new ascended gear is revealed.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I used to buy an alt an amulet or something every time i got enough, but alts are meh now because of once per day dungeons and world experience in wvw. Holding my laurels until I see how they change magic find

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’ve considered this, but my 220+ laurels wouldn’t even get me a three stacks of the required eight stacks needed for the Gift of Fortune.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Yes, because there is no longer any reason for me to spend laurels on my alts due to the dungeon token change.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’ve considered this, but my 220+ laurels wouldn’t even get me a three stacks of the required eight stacks needed for the Gift of Fortune.

No they wont, but they will get you a significant way towards, which will help psychologically speaking. Especially as T6 mats are much more common with this patch. Also, you get tons from making clovers so you will be well on your way

Or, you can just sell that mat and make lots of Gold

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Yah Im saving them. I spend a few here and there, but I am saving this.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

When they lower the cost of ascended accessories, I will start using the laurels again.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not as much hoard than not spend. Got a puppy. Got some rare or exotic armor when I was poor. I know I have over 100, less than 200 now.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Nu, using them on t6 mats for my legendary.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

What I find is funny is how few people use them for ascended items. I wonder if that many people really do not care for ascended.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

LOL I thought i was bad with 175 of them

I also have like 300 powerful blood
1000+ piles of putrid essence
2000+ Heavy moldy bags
10000 zahitaffy
5000 potent blood,

the list goes on forever ,

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Pretty much my . . .

. . . wait, it doesn’t cap at 100 anymore? Darn, I spent mine without needing to when my Achievement Rewards kept pouring them into my pocket.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Serial.7128

Serial.7128

no- I buy dyes- all the time
I have 3 mains and I buy dyes, as fast as I can get laurels
it makes me happy and I look fabulous

This ^ on so many level

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

i’m keeping 150 safe while spending the rest on t6.
t6 costs money, so is a good way to get to 250 stack.
if something ever come out to be bought with laurels, like armors or weap (i doubt), or “T7” mat i want to be sure i have some safe laurels to buy a decent amount.
at the end time gating will back fire on them, they cannot make new stuff too expensive, because ppl new to the game will take too long thus crashing their entitlement feeling.
so they either put out new stuff for decent price or simply won’t put out new stuff for laurels!!
canu gess what will be their choice?
the said they want to avoid to use as legendary-ascended recipe, any mats a player could yhave hoarded b4 so you won’t have it day1

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I save them for the release of the new legendaries. If there is a legendary I really like I will turn them into t6 materials.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Im sitting on ~100 atm, got full set of trinkets on my ranger, necklase on my thief (which is mule, go figure…) another necklase on warr…i stopped gearing my chars when i realised how little to none difference it makes to my gameplay.

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I dump them on dyes every time I reach 5. I might save for the minis or the tonic someday, but I won’t get on the gear treadmill, however it manifests.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I dump them on dyes every time I reach 5. I might save for the minis or the tonic someday, but I won’t get on the gear treadmill, however it manifests.

I don’t think you know what the word “gear treadmill” means.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

With the first 30 I got after they came out I bought an accessory for my Guardian. Since then I have bought nothing but dyes and will probably continue to do so.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t care about ascended gear, I don’t want infusions. So my 1st 100 went to the cat tonic, my next 75 to a puppy for RP for a character, and ever since then each 5 gets me 10 dyes to enjoy.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Anet beat you:

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/c4586wallet-590x442.jpg

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Anet beat you:

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/c4586wallet-590x442.jpg

over 9,000 CoF Tokens? Someone liked CoF p1 farm….

Anyways, I’m saving my laurels for ascended gear I guess, I’m just waiting for most of it to come out. Around 100 laurels atm.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Haven’t spent a laurel since they came out…close to 300 now and I can’t bring myself to use them

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

253 laurels right now and yes, I’m waiting to spend them in hopes that something else will be offered. Frankly I want some Valkyrie ascended gear to be on there. But I have 9 lvl 80 toons and need to make sure I have enough to equip them when the time comes.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Healix.5819

With ArenaNet wanting to time-gate how fast you can obtain gear, hoarding laurels for ascended gear will probably be pointless. We know ascended gear is going to be craftable using a material upgrade system like how charged quartz is made. The only new ascended item I can see them selling for just laurels would be the patterns to buy them which would then take at least a week per piece, maybe even up to a month. Expect it to all be account bound also, just like celestial gear.

I doubt hoarding laurels would be useful unless you wanted stuff like new mini-pets. For everyone else, keeping around 100 would probably be enough to quickly acquire new additions.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

With ArenaNet wanting to time-gate how fast you can obtain gear, hoarding laurels for ascended gear will probably be pointless. We know ascended gear is going to be craftable using a material upgrade system like how charged quartz is made. The only new ascended item I can see them selling for just laurels would be the patterns to buy them which would then take at least a week per piece, maybe even up to a month. Expect it to all be account bound also, just like celestial gear.

I doubt hoarding laurels would be useful unless you wanted stuff like new mini-pets. For everyone else, keeping around 100 would probably be enough to quickly acquire new additions.

I don’t remember them saying you can only craft Ascended gear.

Personally, i am hoarding mine because I have no real interest in buying anything. I will stick to exotic. Besides it doesn’t hurt to hoard them.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Healix.5819

I don’t remember them saying you can only craft Ascended gear.

Crafting it sounds like the primary source of obtaining it. The only other way they mentioned was from rare drops, which I’ll assume is like finding a precursor. They also mentioned that the gear is account bound, which can justify a better drop rate, but will still probably be extremely rare. Even if it’s not that rare of a drop, you’ll probably never get the piece you want.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Idk how anyone has extra laurels. With 1 main and only 2 alts, I still only have less than half of their total trinkets as ascended.

Doesn’t help I’m only on level 2 Fractals I guess…and I’ve had the game since launch lol.

On a related note, I hate Fractals.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

The ascended items don’t cost that many laurels there are still lots left if you don’t have too many alts

Mostly using mine for xp boosters and dyes for my new alt

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Excursion.9752

I have 1 main and 3 alts the secret to saving them is just only get the gear for your main and leave the alts with exotics. The only reason my alts have ascended rings is because I got them as random drops in fractals.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Laurels are profitable to turn on Gold, Only rich people Hold then.

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

I don’t think you know what the word “gear treadmill” means.

First of all, it’s not a word, it’s term. A word doesn’t have a space in it, that’s a dead giveaway.

Secondly, the term “gear treadmill” is widely regarded as the addition of a new “tier” of gear into the game, after release, that requires a significant grind to obtain.

Ascended items are a perfect example.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

I bought ascended stuff for two characters in the first two months or so, and sitting on 100+ laurels ever since.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I got bored with buying dyes once I got black and a couple celestials…I was buying the gathering tools but I don’t gather much anymore, so yeah I am kinda saving them now but not for anything specifically.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

T6 mats, because i get bored of getting em by farming.

Excursion.9752

I just wish there was some things worth while to purchase. At first it seemed like it would take a while to get the things I wanted but now I have my main geared and sitting on 180 of them.