6 toons, none of them are human.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Anyone else ONLY play humans?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

N O P E
Got one of every class and two (male&female) of every race except Asura.
Though I very well understand the “avatar” syndrome.
My first and main is human and I regard it as my avatar in Tyria.

But the others are not, that´s kinda the point of RPGs for me. Trying out different roles and what the game offers in “style & aesthetics”.

Have we really managed to narrow this down to a type of condition? I figure it just amounts to saying “You’re a boring person” but if we have, is there a cure for it?

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

N O P E
Got one of every class and two (male&female) of every race except Asura.
Though I very well understand the “avatar” syndrome.
My first and main is human and I regard it as my avatar in Tyria.

But the others are not, that´s kinda the point of RPGs for me. Trying out different roles and what the game offers in “style & aesthetics”.

Have we really managed to narrow this down to a type of condition? I figure it just amounts to saying “You’re a boring person” but if we have, is there a cure for it?

Yes because one play style is wrong to the point of needing a cure, when on the other thread roleplaying as the opposite gender or a oversized cat, rabbit thing, oath or plant is okay.

You know I don’t know why you insist on wearing a skirt when your double standard is showing.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

2 Humans out of 9 Characters. One female ele and one male necro. Sorry, can’t support your opinion. I don’t RP as well, but I love to dive into other characters/species. That’s what I am supposed to do in games, that’s why I love games: to be something completely different with skills which are not from reality. Well, there are games that are more realistic like Last of Us (gameplay wise) or Heavy Rain.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Six toons, no humans. Closest I have is one Sylvari.

Why does it matter to you what I play?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I only have 1 Norn, 2 Sylvari, 1 Asura, and 1 Charr, and even they are all RP based.
The rest are all Humans on this account, and another 6 on the other account.

Very nice Doctor there. Was just thinking about whether it was possible only this morning!

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

I have 8 characters.

Two are human, but they are the two characters I have bonded least with. One remains just a pack mule, sadly.

I also find Norns a bit of a yawn, although I must admit I’ve enjoyed levelling my female Guardian; I also think that Norn males look absolutely ridiculous.

I have a single Sylvari, a male thief. I’ve had fun levelling him, too, but the male Sylvari voice acting is woeful I’m afraid (horribly wooden, pun intended).

Of all the races, I think I enjoy the company of my Asura characters the most (and my Charr characters second best). I just love the Asuran animations and vocalisations; the Asuran female /laugh and /dance are both priceless and adorable.

Humans, I’m sorry to say, are pretty boring in comparison (although my male character has some amusing voice acting, particularly the critical hit one, lol).

~TG

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Very nice Doctor there. Was just thinking about whether it was possible only this morning!

4 and 5 are kind of possible, but 4 hasn’t got a decent hair style to match with the scarf skin, and we don’t have any hair that’s thinning, for 5 . :P
I think someone did the 8th Doctor, but I haven’t seen him for a while. I did 12 and 9, but that was ages before I found out that 12’s jacket was going to be a light black , not dark blue. :/

Attachments:

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: ButterOfDeath.2873

ButterOfDeath.2873

Personally i always choose the race i feel the most interesting, thus i check the lore of each one and pick based off that.
For example, my go-to race in this game are the Asura: i truly enjoy their way of using names ( also nickname friendly, since it’s one short name plus a title awarded through your character’s lifetime, such as savant. So if you want your asura to be called Kepp you can add any title to it, such as peacemaker kepp, savant kepp, pyromancer kepp, etc), the fact they’re focused on technology and knowledge over physical prowess yet they care about their body, such as their ears.

In comparsion, humans feel like your usual self, it’s not interesting since you’re living it.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

All those baby face humans on those pics – it’s horrendous! They all look like 18 year old calvin klein models. Why would ever a realistic looking game have such baby faces? Luckily, my only male human is the ‘Clint Eastwood’ face.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

4 and 5 are kind of possible, but 4 hasn’t got a decent hair style to match with the scarf skin, and we don’t have any hair that’s thinning, for 5 . :P
I think someone did the 8th Doctor, but I haven’t seen him for a while. I did 12 and 9, but that was ages before I found out that 12’s jacket was going to be a light black , not dark blue. :/

Very impressive. I can see a few Chronomancers made in tribute when HoT arrives

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

Not ONLY. The majority of my characters are human females, but I do have a couple non-humans for lore/story purposes.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Very impressive. I can see a few Chronomancers made in tribute when HoT arrives

Need some Ultimecia cosplayers. Best Time Mage.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: MoJoe.9063

MoJoe.9063

Nope, I play asura and human and sylvari (see the sig). I have a charr as well but I don’t play him very much, and I’ll most likely replace him with a male human Revenant. Really I’ll play anything except norn, because they just look stupid (let’s take a human and increase all the dimensions by 1.5 times, new race! bleh…)

I had two female humans at one point, but once I realized they would always have the same voice, I had to delete one since in my mind they had two very different personalities (and voices), and it bothered me too much that my mesmer sounded just like my guardian.

Borlis Pass
Azman – Asura Necromancer, Kemena – Human Guardian
Emracool – Sylvari Elementalist, Lyra Lightbender – Sylvari Mesmer

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Some people only play humans in any MMO. That would be so boring.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Originally all I made was human males, however now I’m far more partial to sylvari because of the sheer quality of the voice acting on male sylvari compared to the other races, coupled with how good their lore is

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Most of my characters are humans. Asura annoy me, very punchable/kickable race. I would play more Norn but I just haven’t gotten around to it. Charr just remind me of historical revisionism which I hate. Sylvari I just can’t get to look right.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I tried all races and both sexes when starting the game. I found the movement animations annoyingly awkward for them all but asura… who are hilariously awkward.

So my characters are all asuran.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court