Anyone else bought a char slot with gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

I paid 143 gold for 800 gems. Now have a char slot Revernant. Pretty happy:)

Just letting folks know they can do that if they are frustrated they don’t have any slots left. I think its nice we have that option!
With silk being worth so much I made almost 300 gold by selling what I had in mah bank!

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

for me, i dont buy any charakter slot in the next time.
i think they will bring some black lion %%% action to charakter slot (20 % or maybe 50 %).
be patient …

Posted by: The Comfy Chair.7265

The Comfy Chair.7265

I bought 5 of them about 3 years ago, when gems were next to nothing But yeah, it’s not actually too difficult to earn the gold for a character slot, especially if you do a few silverwastes runs. All the ecto and t6 quickly adds up!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I bought a character slot back shortly after launch.

I still think the expansion should come with one.

Sad Swordfish.9743

Well, I think it’s nice they give the option to get it without paying money. I’m really grateful for all the things this game has given me for the last 3 years <3

Ashen.2907

Well, I think it’s nice they give the option to get it without paying money. I’m really grateful for all the things this game has given me for the last 3 years <3

For me at least paying with time for something that I believe should be part of the package isnt particularly more palatable than paying with money. I have spent a significant amount of money on the game and would be willing to continue to do so jnder the right circumstances. Its not about the cost for me.

Sad Swordfish.9743

For me at least paying with time for something that I believe should be part of the package isnt particularly more palatable than paying with money. I have spent a significant amount of money on the game and would be willing to continue to do so jnder the right circumstances. Its not about the cost for me.

Well, some people look at what others have with envy and jealousy, others are just happy at what they got, when looking at the larger picture.

I’ve spend over 2K hours on this game. Best 60 USD I have spend in a a very long time. I just don’t see the contempt or malice or conspiracy theory, haha.:)

Ashen.2907

Well, some people look at what others have with envy and jealousy, others are just happy at what they got, when looking at the larger picture.

I’ve spend over 2K hours on this game. Best 60 USD I have spend in a a very long time. I just don’t see the contempt or malice or conspiracy theory, haha.:)

I am not jealous. There is no envy. No mention of what others have. No mention of malice. No comment on contempt or conspiracy. Anywhere inmy post.

Did you accidentally quote the wrong post perhaps?

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

I already have 10 character slots. One has been holding the name for my Revenant, since the expac announcement:)

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

only have 1 character so plenty off slots left :P

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve bought 800 gems. If they don’t give us a char slot then I’ll buy one. If they do I’m sure I’ll find something else to waste spend my gems on.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I got it sorta by accident. When i saw prepurchase go live in my map, ppl were talking about buying HoT (or at least deluxe upgrade) with gems. Fearing gems would skyrocked i quickly bought the gems i could with my gold (which turned out to be 800 gems, leaving few gold coins for basic needs). After that i settled for getting extra char slot cause i miss 2 professions on my account.

Few hours later i discovered HoT basic bundle would not feature character slot for revenant…

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Last time I remember buying a character slot with gold, it took 16 gold. The one before took only 8. Times have changed.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve bought plenty of character slots with gold. In fact, every gem I ever spent I bought with gold, except for the ones that came with achievement chests. I could do so again if I want a free slot to make a revenant character. I just think it’s ridiculous that I’d have to.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Just letting folks know they can do that if they are frustrated they don’t have any slots left. I think its nice we have that option!
With silk being worth so much I made almost 300 gold by selling what I had in mah bank!

2 of my friends alredy have the char slot reserved, of course they werent expecting a char slot so they saved for it.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

“has given me”

And how much time did you have to invest to get them?

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Why does everyone these materialistic? Game – first and foremost, is fun. But everyone are discussing how much $ they spent on it. Who is forcing you?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why does everyone these materialistic? Game – first and foremost, is fun. But everyone are discussing how much $ they spent on it. Who is forcing you?

What are you going on about? People are just discussing whether or not they bought a character slot already in anticipation of playing the Revenant when the HoT comes out.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’d rather invest that gold into a black lion skin on TP. The slot should be a given, I should not have to pay extra, be it 10 euro or 150g to get to play a basic feature of the expansion. But to each their own.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

But yeah, it’s not actually too difficult to earn the gold for a character slot, especially if you do a few silverwastes runs.

So, one more sign that the expansion is made for grinders and grinders only?

“Want beta access? Grind the Silverwastes for it!”

“Want a character slot so you can play the new profession we’re introducing? Grind the Silverwastes for it!”

I wonder if the guy who updated the HoT FAQ will also update those statements to “Want to have fun? Grind HoT first for it!”.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think it’s fair that the expansion does not include a toon slot. However, I think it was a poor marketing move on ANet’s part. In their shoes, I would have offered the base tier of US$50 (as it is) and offered new players the core game (as it does already) and veterans a character slot and an extra title (“Walks Uphill in Both Directions”, a testament to how much vets have gone through).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

I have a char slot “left over” from keyfarming. Maybe I’ll buy another one at some point again to continue, though I think I’ll first save some gold for the gems for the deluxe upgrade when it arrives (yay for paying 5gold 40silver for the vanilla deluxe back in the day). Also I currently own 25 slots.

(edited by MegumiAzusa.2918)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I haven’t pre-ordered the game yet. I’m still debating. Happily,though, the char slot issue isn’t a problem for me. I’ve bought slots over the years in order to have 1 of every profession and to key farm, so I’ve got a slot for my Rev. And I’ll get another one, anyway, since if I buy, I’ll get the Ultimate edition and it comes with one.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i will buy one closer to launch date if anet doesnt change their minds and bundle a slot with the basic HoT package. as it is, revenant isnt out, and those bl weapons they said they were about to remove from the vendor havent disappeared yet, so my game wallet isnt op just yet. in fact, i may end up buying a toon slot for a few friends come HoT.

nothing is certain yet. HoT is a prepurchase, not a purchase — a very very forgettable fact. people are mad about the pricing in more ways than 1, and anet is … fairly likely to react to that imo.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I think a slot should come with the regular version.

I don’t know if I’ll get the pre order, if I do it will probably be the ultimate version, since that will save me money overtime. (I buy gems with money)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I have 18 characters .. all bought with gold so far. However i will not buy a new one
before HoT is released, because else i will only start another new character before

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I rarely have enough gold for such things, I’ll just toss cash at it instead.

I need 6 more slots anyway…. Just waiting for another sale

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I will be deleting my thief. I just hope he isn’t reading this.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I will be deleting my thief. I just hope he isn’t reading this.

You rang?

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

everyone can choose to work longer to pay for a higher cost. Thats doesnt really change the fact that you have to do it.

the gold you sold has a monetary value of around 11-12 dollars for anet.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

everyone can choose to work longer to pay for a higher cost. Thats doesnt really change the fact that you have to do it.

Yup, the gem exchange is basically just a rl $->gold market. There would be no gems to buy with gold if no one bought gems with $ (A-net still gets their $). It is true that you have this as an option though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Yup, the gem exchange is basically just a rl $->gold market. There would be no gems to buy with gold if no one bought gems with $ (A-net still gets their $). It is true that you have this as an option though.

its an option, but so is, work longer at work, or get your girlfriend to buy it for you. Doesnt change the cost, just changes how you choose to pay for it.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

No. and at this time I do not plan to even buy the expansion.

Sad Swordfish.9743

But not for me. I can’t buy food or pay by bills with in-game gold I acquired playing and enjoying myself. So it’s not the same thing. Like at all.

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

I’m a few days of the 10k AP reward which is 400 gems. Too early to buy yet though, wiser to ‘wait and see’.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’ve bought several but always when they are on sale. No reason to spend more than I have to. Also I convert some of my gold every week to gems so I don’t get caught in a rate spike if say a sale happens on slots.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I buy tons of stuff I want with gold to gem conversions. It’s remarkably easy to generate gold as you play. A new character slot should only be one or two evenings of hard play/gathering for a level 80 to get.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

30+ character slots. Most likely buying more anyway.

I probably need a life, right?

Whelp nothing else I like to spend money on.. may as well spend it on something I love.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Its crazy how ppl complain bout not getting a char slot when a weeks work will get them one, us vets have had a long time getting several, and its free since we arnt locked into a crazy f2p model with paywalls

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

I had two slots still available before I bought the ultimate xpac. I have I think 10 character slots.

And yes, it is very good that with gold you can purchase character slots or anything else in the store.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I’ve bought quite a few.. Gotta make dem alts with the names i want.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I predicted that the standard version wouldn’t include a character slot so I had already saved up a few hundred gems with gold. After the confirmation I made sure to get the remaining gems which I will keep untill launch day because they may have a character slot discount in between.