Anyone else frustrated with the Guild Menu?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I am the leader of a modest guild. I love my guild, and I love my people…

…but I grow increasingly frustrated with the lack of customization in the guild menu.

If I could change 3 things about the in-game guild menu, they would be this:

1. Have a “last on” column so I can see when the last time my people were online. It’s terribly hard to email the inactive folks if one doesn’t know who they are.

2. Separate the ability to invite new members and administer members. In order to allow someone to invite others to the guild, I also have to allow them the ability to promote/demote/kick people below them in rank.

3. Have a column that shows a specific date when a member accepted the guild invite.

Now that you know what I dislike about it, tell me this: If you could change 3 things about the in-game guild menu, what would they be?

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I’d actually like a better breakdown of which member did what events for X influence.

If any member is not representing, since we can be in four guilds at once it would be nice to know.

Your number two point.

Posted by: Lethal Left Eye.6129

Lethal Left Eye.6129

I agree with everything stated thus far.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

As a guild leader I’m frustrated with quite a few guild issues. Aside from the ones you’ve already listed I add the following.

1. Announce the Guild Message of the day when a person logs in, and announce it when it’s updated, also when I edit it the previous message should be in the edit box so I don’t need to retype the whole thing to fix a typo
  2. Allow me as a guild leader some way to mass email my guild members. Either through an influence purchase under say Politics, or just give me the option to do it.
  3. Tell me when a guild member logs in online.

Posted by: Wes.6419

Wes.6419

I agree with everything posted so far as well. All things i have thought about myself. Especially the message of the day and having to retype everything.

Posted by: Guppy.2753

Guppy.2753

“1. Have a ‘last on’ column so I can see when the last time my people were online.”

This is my current problem. Our guild has about 425 members and is still growing. We are starting to worry about what will happen when we get to the 500 member cap, if we can’t tell which of those members are inactive and can be kicked from our roster.

Our guild forum keeps track of members’ last forum activity, but many people seem to use one name for the forum username, another name for their GW2 account name, another name for their main character, another name for their voice chat username, and many insist you remember their real life name and call them that in chat.

We can ask them to post their account names in a guild forum thread once a month if they are still active, but some of them could never figure out how to find their account names to get the in-game guild invites in the first place. (We had to settle for knowing one character name they used.)

I recently started popping online at various times of day, and making lists of which of our 425 members were on at the moment, but somehow compiling an alphabetical list of every account name and checking that master list against the several daily visit lists has begun to lose its appeal.

Imagine if someone were to invent a computer program capable of keeping track of “last on” automatically.

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

Agreed at the very least we need a “last online”, “last represented” would be awesome too.

Been asking for this since the beta pointing out that they had this in GW1 and obviously did not do a sufficient gap analysis when they started building GW2 but as always this falls on deaf ears, i.e. Anet dev ears.

Has anyone noticed recently, that now there are a lot of members listed as “unknown” in the guild roster?

This seems to indicate some form of inactivity notice but as Anet do not seem to have announced this anywhere, I’m not sure if that is accurate. For the time being I am removing members listed as “unknown” and recruiting new members.

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I can only judge it as a guild member and I have to say, the UI is horrible. I do not need an explanation “what is a guild” whenever I open the window and the research tab is full of confusing stuff like greyed boosts * X and the like. Yes, I could read up on those and yes, these things are probably not my business as a member anyway, but then there is no need to throw them at me.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Groups and guilds systems are one of the weakest parts of GW2. To borrow a phrase the to-do list in this thread is just the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

What I would like is that when I press G the opening screen is the roster so I can see who’s online with which character first of all.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Has anyone noticed recently, that now there are a lot of members listed as “unknown” in the guild roster?

This seems to indicate some form of inactivity notice but as Anet do not seem to have announced this anywhere, I’m not sure if that is accurate. For the time being I am removing members listed as “unknown” and recruiting new members.

This happens on a server reset. Then everyone gets listed as unknown, as the character data is wiped from the roster. When people log in again the unknown gets replaced with their current character info. We use this now as well to check activity. Just give it a bit of time after a new server reset to see if people log in or not.

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

This happens on a server reset. Then everyone gets listed as unknown, as the character data is wiped from the roster. When people log in again the unknown gets replaced with their current character info. We use this now as well to check activity. Just give it a bit of time after a new server reset to see if people log in or not.

Yup I kind of decided that myself but was not going to put it in text in case my thinking was wrong. So I let you say it for me and waited to see if you got corrected, so thanks for that, rofl

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

All of these and many more guild suggestions have been made repeatedly in the suggestions forum.

All we can do at this point is wait to see what ArenaNet decides to add, and when.