Anyone else miss the Dervish?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Asddas.5041

Asddas.5041

Okay I am a 6 yr vet of gw1 and an avid player of gw2 and love the game deeply. My favorite profession of gw1 was the dervish. Does anyone else miss this? You can try and say that this profession is somehow in the game but it isn’t. not at all. Does anybody else really want them to bring this profession back? I feel like they should. That was a very bold class that was unlike any other and it kinda sucks not having it in game anybody else feel the same?

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

not at all. My “solution” to the missing GW1 professions would be making spear (paragon) a viable weapon for guardians, giving the spirits (ritualist) to necromancers, make scythe and elemental prayers (dervish) a ranger mechanic and accept that thieves are just sins with perma-invisibility.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes, but it wouldn’t make sense right now. Crystal desert/Elona though, now we are talking!

One of the best classes I have ever seen in any game…well until they “re-balanced” and changed the class to something utterly different and made it unplayable for me.

So yes, def would like to see it return, but not just for the sake of it. It needs a reason to be in the game

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

I missed the extra classes.

They need to put some Paragon stuff into GW2.

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

The non-core classes came out in their respective expansions. That said I do hope they continue that trend with future expansions, not just expanded races.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I loved it, and sincerely miss it. It was my main after Ranger till GW2.

It wasn’t just a new profession, but a whole new look; armor style (Africa, tribal sense), etc. How I miss that Scythe.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

^
That looked like it was hella fun. Dervish was never ever used in DoA in my experience but looks like it can be done just the same.

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

I miss the transformation into Goddesses (Avatar) ability:)

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I just miss the scythe.

And I still miss monk no matter what.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

The original Dervish was very fun and extremely versatile. Then they completely changed it, and that totally destroyed the Profession for me. It took awhile for me to make the “new Dervish” playable/survivable at all, and I eventually wound up benching him. I have rarely ever been as disgusted with something as I was with them totally wiping out all my hard work in creating the “perfect” skill bar, and replacing it with something I could hardly keep alive.

Rant aside, you do know that a GW2 Dervish would have almost nothing in common with a GW1 Dervish, right? (Other than wardrobe, perhaps).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Rant aside, you do know that a GW2 Dervish would have almost nothing in common with a GW1 Dervish, right? (Other than wardrobe, perhaps).

If they were to add the GW1 mesmer to the game I’d be glad to pay 35€ just for that,
I’d probably not pay for the dervish tho, feels like their primary feature was the awesome sweep/cleaving attacks and everyone has those in Gw2 anyway.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Dervish was one of the few professions in Guild Wars 1 I had trouble getting into. I had a couple of them. I finished every game on my dervish, but it didn’t hold me like some of the other professions. Maybe I’m more of a ranged/caster guy at heart.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

^
That looked like it was hella fun. Dervish was never ever used in DoA in my experience but looks like it can be done just the same.

Lol, it was total joke run. We also did 8 monk DoA but failed due to a terrible player.

I tanked that run. Try tanking big room Foundry with a Spell Breaker monk with Stone Flesh Aura and no shadow steps and not getting bodyblocked. I was so proud of myself… Than the worst player on the team screwed us over in Gloom and we just called it a day…

Semi relevant:

Monk DoA
Necro DoA
Semi-Rit DoA (one of those rits was a PUG we picked up in GoA btw)

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

No!

/15charrs

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Somewhat yes. However when I do a /age the total time I spent on my Dervish was 10 hours. I’m sure If I had spent more time with the class I would’ve enjoyed it more.
I do however love the Flash enchants, the scythe, and the armor and how I was able to somewhat create one my characters from my own concept art.
I really need to start playin’ more Guild Wars 1 Been missing the fun , the text modding and other stuff.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If they were to add the GW1 mesmer to the game I’d be glad to pay 35€ just for that,

I feel the same about the GW1 Ranger.

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

not at all. My “solution” to the missing GW1 professions would be making spear (paragon) a viable weapon for guardians, giving the spirits (ritualist) to necromancers, make scythe and elemental prayers (dervish) a ranger mechanic and accept that thieves are just sins with perma-invisibility.

Yes give my ranger a scythe and earth prays… DO IT NAO!

(Not even joking >.>)

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: winterone.1562

winterone.1562

I was a Necro (and loved it) in GW1, so luckily, I am not missing out in GW2 too much. I do miss seeing the Dervishes in action, though, and as an admission – I named my car Dervish when I bought him 6 years ago… :S