Anyone else still having a blast?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moonthrower.1406

Moonthrower.1406

I’m level 58, roughly 3 gold, just about to finish up Bloodsail Coast or whatever.

I love playing GW2. But then again, I’ve played League of Legends, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, and Allegiance since GW2 came out.

Love WvW, love the flow of the zones, love the dynamic events. Dungeons are a blast with the group I run with… even though we die, it’s not frequent. AC had definitely been the hardest so far.

Thanks, Anet! Who else is still loving this game, level cap or not?

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

+1 and some letters since +1 isnt long enough of a post……..

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Moonthrower.1406

All I see is complaints…. good to see a happy post… even though I made it.

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

LOVING the game. See my post about what happened tonight with my level 15 guardian!

Posted by: Rocksors.7830

Rocksors.7830

I can’t undesstand people saying there is nothing to do, I’m still a bit overwelmed with all the stuff I want to do in game and probably will be for a few months at least but I am a bit of a completionist.

Capped one 80, another at 50. Really need to work on world explorer though, both PVP’s are awesome. Pretty broke at the moment but have been crafting a fair bit and want to do more.

My worst critisim is it ends up being alittle antisocial due to the fact I’m actually engaged instead of doing everything on auto pilot. Which means I miss alot of guild chat. :S

Isle Of Janthir [AR]
Rocksors: 80 Guardian, Althalus: 80 Thief, Birigitte: 80 Ranger, Roacsors: 80 Warrior

Posted by: The Moment Ends.1635

The Moment Ends.1635

Yup, loving it. Never seen so many whiners in my life though

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I’m still having a blast and I do have a level 80

Moonthrower.1406

Get out of my thread, dirty Henge of Denravi player!! (j/k <3 )

WvW rivalries already forming…

Posted by: Shinxy.5689

Shinxy.5689

Yes, game is still super fun. At 47 with my Guardian and loving it! Also: its only been out a month, people! WoW was not flawless when it first came out either. I’m expecting content to get better and bugs to get patched over time. If you already sped through all the content and are at 80 have 160+ hours logged in after only about 30 days of the game being out you only have yourself to blame (and I’d question where you’re finding all that time to play computer games. Its a game not a job, people!)

Posted by: robot.9134

robot.9134

If you already sped through all the content and are at 80 have 160+ hours logged in after only about 30 days of the game being out you only have yourself to blame (and I’d question where you’re finding all that time to play computer games. Its a game not a job, people!)

This is getting old. Who are you to judge people based on playtime? The game is supposed to be ready regardless and a ton of people are at 80. It is very easy to get.

But seriously….what does it matter if someone plays 5+ hours a day? Some people watch 3-4 hours of tv EASY in a day. Is that better use of their time?

Get over it. 1-70 is ez and fun. Its not our fault for playing more than the average casual player….its anet for not being prepared for end game.

Posted by: Anzariel.9213

Anzariel.9213

Definitely. I play with a friend most of the time and playing with a partner is gratifying, especially for the combos and the fact that there is no penalty for doing so.

Posted by: cmerc.2081

cmerc.2081

I’m a little sad because it seems all the people I came to play the game with have already stopped playing. But other than that I would say this game is a ton of fun, and it’s disappointing that a lot of people can’t see all the good things about it.

robot.9134

I wouldn’t say I’m having the best gaming time of my life by any means, but I do find it sad how many people can’t find all the good things that this game offers. I’m having a lot of fun still and expect to for a while yet.

I think people are more irritated at this point with anets communication skills.

Patch notes are vague. They were not prepared in general for all of the bugs, class balancing issues, bots, exploits etcetc.

Its a red flag and they should have prepd. They should have been multi tasking both bugs and class balance but im guessing they either dont have the priorities straight OR they dont have the staff(go figure they have an ad on the front page “NOW HIRING”).

Its worse than any average MMO launch….even when comparing to other failed mmo’s.

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I wouldn’t say I’m having the best gaming time of my life by any means, but I do find it sad how many people can’t find all the good things that this game offers. I’m having a lot of fun still and expect to for a while yet.

I think people are more irritated at this point with anets communication skills.

Patch notes are vague. They were not prepared in general for all of the bugs, class balancing issues, bots, exploits etcetc.

Its a red flag and they should have prepd. They should have been multi tasking both bugs and class balance but im guessing they either dont have the priorities straight OR they dont have the staff(go figure they have an ad on the front page “NOW HIRING”).

Its worse than any average MMO launch….even when comparing to other failed mmo’s.

Ive actually felt it was better then any MMO launch i’ve played through. But everyones perceptions are different.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Posted by: Argus.9012

Argus.9012

Only mid-thirties on my character. I’m a lone wolf; I like playing on-line games for the fact that there’s other real folks on, but play by myself. So no PvP, no dungeons, etc. But I’m still having fun with the game. The group events are very fun. A nice way to play with other players, without having to make any real commitment, and be able to easily go my own way. It’s pretty cool to be able to “revive” another player as well, to help them out in a big battle (or even a small fray), just as I’ve been helped.

Anyway, this game is good fun.

Posted by: Shadowgloom.1279

Shadowgloom.1279

Love love love it! I have been playing MMOs since AOL had NeverWinter Nights available. Then UO, EQ, etc. and I just cannot stop playing this game. Haha! Having a blast

The Mesmer was boring my first play through. I was Sylvari. Don’t know, I just couldn’t get into a flow and deleted her at level 5-6. Remade her as a Human and now I am level 31 and in LOVE with the class!!! STAFF I LOVE YOU!!!

I have 6 alts (shhhhhhh!) between levels 10-60 and want to call in sick to work every day. Working up to get enough gold to buy enough gems so I can unlock another character slot. I want to eventually have all the classes.

Thank you ANET for a marvelous time. Even if I was sick of this game, I have gotten MORE than my $60 worth. <3

I forgot to add, I played GW1 a ton as well! I think I played it for 5 years Finding all the nice things that carry over from it, add a little extra. Did I mention I am in love with my Mesmer? I want a statue of her! <3 <3 <3

(edited by Shadowgloom.1279)

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

Ive actually felt it was better then any MMO launch i’ve played through. But everyones perceptions are different.

Agreed, I think it was a better launch than most that I’ve experienced.

I’m loving the game still… such a great world to explore.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Oh yus, absolutely loving it still. Even more, in fact (main lvl 56, alts at 7-11-ish). The new shiney honeymoon feeling has worn off, but I’m still finding myself coming up for air and realizing it’s quarter to three in the morning

robot.9134

I thought that too until 60+ minus a few annoying de bugs. Little did i know that was nothing compared to the issues in later zones.

Its one thing to reach level cap in an MMO and complain about content just after release….but this goes beyond adding NEW content….the content for release is unplayable or grindy/boring.

it’s not like people have to “rush to 80” either. Gw2 and especially gw1 had extremely short lvling to get to cap compared to MMO’s so end game should have been that much more polished.

They rushed it in order to beat wow xpac release…simple as that. and No people are bored and annoyed….but they got their $60.

Hawken.7932

@robot: lol, and yet my guild of 200+ people disagree with you, and are loving every minute of it on the whole.

robot.9134

@robot: lol, and yet my guild of 200+ people disagree with you, and are loving every minute of it on the whole.

yea how many of those 200 have not rerolled at all and play just their main?

Obvious fanboy is obvious. I’m sure you speak 100% for over 200 people. Such bs. 200+ people that “love every minute” ? lol move on

Not that it matters. I know large guilds that have left and gone back to other MMO’s, or just shelved the game temporarily. So whats your point? There are different opinions but don’t act like the problems aren’t real.

Posted by: hrhomer.2037

hrhomer.2037

I’ve only just got my first character to 20, never having played the Beta, nor the first GW. I’m enjoying it very much, and am having a lot of fun laughing at the nutters that are kittening about how the game stinks, after sinking hundreds of hours into it…

robot.9134

I’ve only just got my first character to 20, never having played the Beta, nor the first GW. I’m enjoying it very much, and am having a lot of fun laughing at the nutters that are kittening about how the game stinks, after sinking hundreds of hours into it…

And we are laughing at you because you think you know better when you don’t have any end game experience. Most complaints arent focused at the leveling experience. it is mostly 70+ and Orr/end game.

As far as I can remember… I dont think there has been an mmo that people werent excited about in the leveling phase. Especially the first 25% to level cap…gimme a break.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I did my second day of WvW. I might be coming addicted, and I hate PvP. Plus I’m terrible at it, so I’m mostly just trying to learn the lingo and stick with groups. But it’s pretty fun.

Turned 80 a few days ago, but have a lot of crafting left to do and lots of maps to still do and puzzles (I’ve only finished 4). Haven’t really started on a second character yet, mostly just tool around in my squishy Elementalist.

Hawken.7932

Obvious fanboy is obvious. I’m sure you speak 100% for over 200 people. Such bs. 200+ people that “love every minute” ? lol move on

Not that it matters. I know large guilds that have left and gone back to other MMO’s, or just shelved the game temporarily. So whats your point? There are different opinions but don’t act like the problems aren’t real.

I judge the consensus of the guild based on the guild chat, which is pretty positive on the whole. I also note how few people have left, as you say, to other MMOs. Attendance has been strong and hasn’t really dropped much that I could notice.

Maybe you see problems — I see a great game with a few minor issues which are, in my experience playing MMOs over the past 8 years, pretty normal.

gurugeorge.9857

There are different opinions but don’t act like the problems aren’t real.

That there are different opinons means that some of the things some people see as “problems” others don’t.

As a casual player at level 56 with my main, I really don’t see any problems with the game, bar a few bugs and glitches here and there. Quite frankly, it’s about as close to perfect a game as I’ve ever experienced.

And I say this as a non-Anet-fanboi who didn’t like GW and was annoyed and unimpressed with the GW2 hype and actually disliked the screenies and vids (I basically just tried it out of sheer curiosity). Playing the game has actually won me over. I think it’s a masterpiece that’s only going to get better with time.

IOW, most MMOs recently people have said “it has potential” (and most of them have had potential), but none of them have been as polished on release as this one. With this one, it seems like the base game that’s out is already well on the way to fulfilling its potential, and it’s all gravy from now on.

Now you’re doing your Cassandra thing, telling me I’m going to change my mind as I get closer to cap. Maybe. But you know what? I really doubt it. I think my concerns aren’t your concerns. I think I’ve seen your types of complaints in other MMOs, and other complaints like yours from people here, and I have a sense that I’m going to be as baffled by them as I reach endgame as I am now.

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

robot was apparently not around for SWTOR release. That was a doozy.

Anywho I’m finally level 80, saw some of the nice cultural armor and almost had a stroke when I saw the prices! XD

But they look sick so I’m going to get to work on that and maybe do some crafting, all while rerolling what I’m going to try to make as a heavy support water elementalist. We’ll see how that project goes. still having a blast though my one track minded exploration push has burned me out a little, but that’s more my fault than anything….can’t sleep yet, must get 100% map complete on Lornar’s Pass. <- Did actualyl say that once >.>

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

robot.9134

I judge the consensus of the guild based on the guild chat, which is pretty positive on the whole. I also note how few people have left, as you say, to other MMOs. Attendance has been strong and hasn’t really dropped much that I could notice.

Maybe you see problems — I see a great game with a few minor issues which are, in my experience playing MMOs over the past 8 years, pretty normal.

Common issues ive seen in game /map chats, guild chats, and on forums…

People are bored @ lvl 80 with the different grinds. (token, badges,karma, crafting mats) So they reroll hoping things will be fixed soon.

Same for people frustrated with class imbalances.

Also Gw2 as much as i ACTUALLY do like it… Is far more broken in the last zones/lvl cap zones than any other MMo ive seen released in quite some time.

its actually the first time i can remember that content was this broken all around….in most dieing mmo’s people complain about content not being released quick enough…here the stuff we got is already horrible.

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

Why should this be mutually exclusive? I am loving every single minute I spend in this game (yes I reached level 80 weeks ago and I’m still playing mostly on my main) and yet I’m well aware that there are issues. The issues simply don’t detract from my enjoyment at all because I just enjoy playing and I’ll continue to give constructive criticism on what can be improved.

Yes, I see the end-game problem that a portion of the players is experiencing. We don’t need to be fanboys to enjoy a game that’s having issues at launch.

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Eivene.9127)

robot.9134

As a casual player at level 56 with my main….

I stopped reading… Not trying to be a jerk…but lets be real.. MMO’s are great for the journey to lvl cap…but the game is centered around lvl 80 play. You don’t have the experience to tell me that end game is or isnt an issue. i had the same point of veiw while leveling to 80 and completely lost it at cap.

robot was apparently not around for SWTOR release. That was a doozy.

Oh i was there lol…but orr….orr is really really bad. As bad as swtor end game was it wasnt unplayable like orr is.

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

I heard my guildie talk about Orr, I haven’t been yet, and quite frankly I’m no sure I want to, but map completion will eventually steer me that way… But lets not pretend ilum wasnt a 1fp4s lagfest with a mere 25 people on the map and flashpoints didn’t have bosses that would glitch out and reset midfight. =P (I’m staring at you, Revan and HK)

Orr just sounds like a nightmare because respawns come too fast and mobs have too much health.

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes i am still playing

logging in everyday to complete daily and monthly achievements.

robot.9134

I heard my guildie talk about Orr, I haven’t been yet, and quite frankly I’m no sure I want to, but map completion will eventually steer me that way… But lets not pretend ilum wasnt a 1fp4s lagfest with a mere 25 people on the map and flashpoints didn’t have bosses that would glitch out and reset midfight. =P (I’m staring at you, Revan and HK)

Orr just sounds like a nightmare because respawns come too fast and mobs have too much health.

Orr doesnt not give you very many options. Map exploration, farming mobs for drops, or jumping on the train and doing DE runs.

Thats all people do really. There is 1 or multiple zergs that run as fast as they can from one de to the next. Sometimes the zerg is so big that if the head of the zerg makes it to a boss….he will be dead by the time the middle of the zerg even reaches him. Soooo if you didnt tag the boss you get no medals at all. That brings up another problem… de scaling…

@farming… most people dont in Orr from what ive heard just because the high mob count, the respawn, and the anti farming code which pretty much gives you crap loot after killing the same mob over and over…in this case….Orr has undead almost all over. its not easy to switch it up.

gurugeorge.9857

I stopped reading… Not trying to be a jerk…but lets be real.. MMO’s are great for the journey to lvl cap…but the game is centered around lvl 80 play. You don’t have the experience to tell me that end game is or isnt an issue. i had the same point of veiw while leveling to 80 and completely lost it at cap.

My point is, I suspect I won’t. Not least because as far as I’m concerned, PvP is going to be my endgame.

As to the PvE endgame, I accept that some people are having a problem with that now, but MMOs that have just been released can’t possibly cater to people who get to lvl 80 in two weeks.

Some people got to lvl 60 in 2 weeks when WoW was released. It’s endemic to MMOs, and there’s nothing that can be done about it until more content is released over time. 8 years after release, there’s a kitten-ton of endgame content in WoW. In the same way, 8 years from now, nobody starting GW2 will be able to complain there’s not enough content at cap.

It’s totally IMPOSSIBLE for a game to have 8 years worth of endgame content at release. If that’s what you expect, then no just-released MMO is ever going to make you happy, because your expectation is unrealistic.

Posted by: JambonNoir.6017

JambonNoir.6017

I have been 80 for quite some time, having played only one character since the game was released (+ headstart). I already have done 100% completion, too.
All I have to say is THIS GAME IS AMAZING. I log in everyday and have so much stuff I want to do I can’t actually decide :P

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

I don’t expect a game to have 8 years of endgame at launch but I expect them to have enough content to keep people involved until they can finish developing more (1-2 years if I’m being generous).

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Every MMO that comes out, some person or a handful of people say “this is the worst MMO launch ever!” So, why are they still making MMOs if they just keep getting worse? Heh.

And yes, I am having a blast… tried different class/race combos, played through several variations of the first chapter of the personal stories, explored the starting areas… haven’t gotten a toon past level 20 yet but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every moment I play. There are some annoyances like bugs popping up now and then but I accept that MMO development is a process and the game world is constantly being updated and improved.

robot.9134

My point is, I suspect I won’t. Not least because as far as I’m concerned, PvP is going to be my endgame.

As to the PvE endgame, I accept that some people are having a problem with that now, but MMOs that have just been released can’t possibly cater to people who get to lvl 80 in two weeks.

Some people got to lvl 60 in 2 weeks when WoW was released. It’s endemic to MMOs, and there’s nothing that can be done about it until more content is released over time. 8 years after release, there’s a kitten-ton of endgame content in WoW. In the same way, 8 years from now, nobody starting GW2 will be able to complain there’s not enough content at cap.

It’s totally IMPOSSIBLE for a game to have 8 years worth of endgame content at release. If that’s what you expect, then no just-released MMO is ever going to make you happy, because your expectation is unrealistic.

no one is comparing this game to wow or any other older mmo in its current state. Obviously you cannot compare a month old mmo to a much older one.

Vicwolf hit the nail on the head. It still goes back to your limited experience pre lvl cap.

1. GW has a history of much faster leveling compared to other MMO’s. 80 is no race… it is ridiculously ez to hit. The fact that they design games to cap quick means that they better well have end game figured out…MORE SO than games that have a longer leveling experience.

2. We aren’t bored because we have played too much… a lot of players are bored because the depth of end game content is lacking AND broken. You will see.

No one is crying “IM SO BORED WE NEED A NEW EXPANSION!!!” They are asking for the current content to be fixed….so its more enjoyable ….and it works.

Big difference.

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

me o/ still having a blast. almost 200 hours in…certainly dont plan on slowing down, bad for my RL =(

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Yes. I’m still having fun at 80, but i feel like starting over with another class.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’m still having a blast; in fact, if anything I’m having a harder time putting the game down than I was two weeks ago … it’s sucking out my soul .. ll .. l .. l .l . …

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

260 hours with my ranger and not single moment of boredom.

And just for the fun of leveling I rolled a new ranger to see the storyline from a little different perspective. And it’s going to take a while to get Kudzu.

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I’ve already played this game twice as many hours as I ever played Rift, and I’m only at 37% map completion on my first character. This game is amazing, and I can’t wait to log in every day. I’ve definitely found a long-term home in Tyria and GW2.

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Ive been 80 for a while now and been pottering around Orr for a while. Maybe cause Im taking my time, exploring and getting involved in the whole invading army vibe but Im digging Orr. The mobs were pretty hairy to deal with at first but Ive started to get the hang of moving around, learning safe paths and using the terrian to my advantage.

The biggest frustration Ive had so far has been disappointment at broken events. Im pretty sure they will get them fixed though eventually so for now I poke around and see what I can discover.

Im planning to explore the waters of Orr at some point but keep puting it off as I find traversing the waters more tricky than traversing the land.

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Yes I am having a Blast still and suspect I will be for some time. Looking forward to meeting Mad King Thorn next month!

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Level 80 Sylvari Ranger here still having a whole lot of fun with this game. I enjoy it so much it’s the only one I play. The game isn’t perfect and there are bugs and such that need improving but it hasn’t stopped me from enjoying the game.

Posted by: SPARTdAN.2091

SPARTdAN.2091

I hit 80 with my thief last night and am now toying with builds and looking to find cool gear. Doing a lot of WvW now too.

Posted by: Ordika.9513

Ordika.9513

Loving it.

My 49 Warrior is almost done with Dreadnaught Cliffs
My 18 Engineer completed Metrica Province and his first two story archs
My 16 Elementalist has finished Caledon Forest and his first story arch

Last night I spent my entire night trying to get the Dark Reverie jumping puzzle on my elementalist, but man is that one a tough one. Once I complete that I’ll finish up his second story arch, then go back to leveling my Warrior some more.

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park
Swansonites of North Shiverpeak – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

Love the game. I have been burnt by so many MMO releases since 2005, that GW2 has taking that bitterness away.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

Yes. Completely. I’m actually surprised how much enjoyment I derive considering I’ve played it every day since early launch. No burn out in sight.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”