Anyone looking forward to balance patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Q:

Loads of trepidation on my part.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: AlabamaKush.3246

AlabamaKush.3246

I read “thiefs and mesmers are getting a new condition” and nothing about engineers and rangers and i was done :P

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I read “thiefs and mesmers are getting a new condition” and nothing about engineers and rangers and i was done :P

There are changes to every profession’s traits and most professions skills. A new condition is a new condition. It’s put in for a specific reason. To say that rangers and engies don’t get this specific condition so you’re done is probably premature.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Mesmers get the condition on one of the most unused weapons (and then the most unused skill on that particular weapon).

Thieves can apply it more than once. Necros get it in an AoE.

Oh, and Mesmer build diversity becomes that of a Ranger in this patch.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Looking forward to the Ranger and Necro buffs. A bit concerned about how the changes to Warrior traits will affect whether or not I need to re-trait him, but I’ll see. Everything else is kinda meh.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

In regards to the Mesmer changes about Illusionist Celerity:

all of our phantasms were balanced around the assumption that we would have this trait

This was supposed to be a build diversity patch. Moving this trait is nerfing every single build other than shatters and interrupts… and interrupts aren’t viable as of now (we’ll see if that changes after the patch though). All those builds that anet wanted to make viable… just got nerfed. That’s why we’re kitten ed.

Modified quote to show the reason why this is unreasonable.

Posted by: Vahlen.9508

Vahlen.9508

Judging from the preview notes I think it should be pretty clear that Anet doesn’t even play their own game anymore. Warriors are going to be in a worse state than they were before the patch, and nothing of interest was added to any of the other classes that were hurting……….nothing is going to change with this patch.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Probably going to retire my Mesmer for a (long) while and switch over to my Necro.

Vayne.8563

Judging from the preview notes I think it should be pretty clear that Anet doesn’t even play their own game anymore. Warriors are going to be in a worse state than they were before the patch, and nothing of interest was added to any of the other classes that were hurting……….nothing is going to change with this patch.

You can’t really know that until you see how it plays out…but I’m personally excited about some of the necro changes.

Vahlen.9508

……..You can tell though, there were no massive changes to anything. Concerning the warrior most of the trait changes were nerfs and not a single area of major issue was even addressed by them.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Speak for yourself, my ele is getting some great buffs.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: AlabamaKush.3246

AlabamaKush.3246

There are changes to every profession’s traits and most professions skills. A new condition is a new condition. It’s put in for a specific reason. To say that rangers and engies don’t get this specific condition so you’re done is probably premature.

I’m interested in where everyone is reading the changes from,
I read over the whole upcoming skill and trait changes post and yes it does say there are changes to every class but i get worried when they say stuff like this “Well, the problem is that then we get into something called power creep; the power of all builds and classes keeps rising as we keep making improvements, which causes instability in game balance.”
And no offence but the classes that are actually mentioned i see no real need for this many improvements, Mesmers thieves warriors eles and necros are all pretty powerfull in my opinion, but where is the love for everyone else,
There are threads dedicated to engineer glitches though and i heard nothing about fixing them…

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

^ This goes for me too.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Warriors are going to be in a worse state than they were before the patch

Wasn’t aware warriors are even in a bad spot to begin with…

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think he is talking about pvp

Vahlen.9508

Really? Wonder how that fact was lost upon you since the vast majority of the community knows that warriors are a joke in any type of pvp situation.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Really? Wonder how that fact was lost upon you since the vast majority of the community knows that warriors are a joke in any type of pvp situation.

was referring to pve. I know warriors are bad in pvp. thanks for your condescension.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

……..You can tell though, there were no massive changes to anything. Concerning the warrior most of the trait changes were nerfs and not a single area of major issue was even addressed by them.

You wouldn’t know how happy that makes me. Warriors are insanely overpowered in PVE, and a few targeted nerfs are long past due. Whether those nerfs should have been split for PVP is up for debate, but PVE-wise, I couldn’t be happier. Furthermore, I don’t believe warriors will be weak now, just brought back in line, probably still overpowered to a degree.

Let’s hope Engineer/Ranger/Necro becomes a bit more viable in PVE with this patch …

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Vahlen.9508

You wouldn’t know how happy that makes me. Warriors are insanely overpowered in PVE, and a few targeted nerfs are long past due. Whether those nerfs should have been split for PVP is up for debate, but PVE-wise, I couldn’t be happier. Furthermore, I don’t believe warriors will be weak now, just brought back in line, probably still overpowered to a degree.

Let’s hope Engineer/Ranger/Necro becomes a bit more viable in PVE with this patch …

Why would that make you happy? Having classes be essentially useless in PvP and PvE hurts the game overall………….necros and ranger are a great example of this in PvE. It shows both the ineptitude of designers and their inability to focus on longstanding balance issues in the game.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

It was advertised as a ‘major balancing’ patch…

My description would be, ‘tinkering around the edges and nerfing builds players actually like’…

Traits in particular are disappointing, there were loads of unused/useless traits before, after still loads of useless/unused traits…

Necros are the only class that can be excited by those changes…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

The goal was to provide more build options. In case of warriors they’ve limited them to pretty much 2 builds which is even less than previously. Next patch might as well delete all professions but thieves, guardians and mesmers.

Vahlen.9508

^ This, they’ve literally killed anything the warrior had. Yes, they were OP in PvE but with the massive dps nerf the GS received and overall general dps nerf the class is left in a situation where they bring nothing to PvE or PvP.

This patch is a joke if the note are true, I hope they aren’t but if they are it’s the best indication we’ve gotten so far the Anet is completely out of touch with their game.

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Few things I’m liking about Engi changes:

-“Stabilized Armor” now reads: You take 20% less damage when you are knocked down or stunned

Combines nicely with Protection Injection for 53% damage reduction on k/d or stun.

-“Leg Mods” now reads as: Cripple, Chill and Immobilize duration reduced by 33%.

Add on runes of Melandru (-25% condition duration) and Lemongrass soup (-40% duration) and these basically have no effect on you? Or how will the system round-off that last 2%?

“Juggernaut” has been moved to Master Trait
“Coated Bullets” has been moved to Master Trait.

These also free up a few points on the ft and/or p/p builds.

Over-all I’m rather happy with the changes

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

From the developers ‘we don’t know how to make an ai that can hit moving targets’ no , i’m not exited or confident their ability anymore with new patches.

All is vain.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Why would that make you happy? Having classes be essentially useless in PvP and PvE hurts the game overall………….necros and ranger are a great example of this in PvE. It shows both the ineptitude of designers and their inability to focus on longstanding balance issues in the game.

I want warriors to be balanced in PVE. Currently they’re vastly overpowered. As such, I’m very happy with nerfs to warriors because it’ll make the game a bit more balanced, not because they make warriors useless.

Sincerely not interested in the effect on PVP, although I’ve got no problems with skill splits.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Vayne.8563

^ This, they’ve literally killed anything the warrior had. Yes, they were OP in PvE but with the massive dps nerf the GS received and overall general dps nerf the class is left in a situation where they bring nothing to PvE or PvP.

This patch is a joke if the note are true, I hope they aren’t but if they are it’s the best indication we’ve gotten so far the Anet is completely out of touch with their game.

One hand sword was buffed. Warriors could faceroll everything before in PvE. If you really think that’s balanced or fine, you probably shouldn’t comment on game design.

It’s not fine and it’s not working. OP is OP.

The idea of the balancing patch was to make it so that people used different builds, and that not 90% of all warriors would continue to run a great sword. The idea was the encourage more build diversity.

I’m pretty sure that will happen a bit, but it’ll probably take another three or four patches like this to really make a difference.

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

Read my post again!

Instead of GS, people will run dual axes with something like 30/10/0/0/30 because you can’t take the GS trait anymore if you want HF and BP. However both strength and discipline trait lines have some nice axe traits.

Your other option is CC which is rather for wvw.

Tell me, how is this an improvement?

(edited by dukefx.9730)

Vayne.8563

Read my post again!

I wasn’t commenting on your post. I can’t because I don’t know the veracity of it. For all you know, there may be more builds out there on the alpha server and no one has figured them out from the incomplete patch notes yet.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I’m looking forward to it. My Necro would much appreciate the buffs, and I’m sure the trait balances will be interesting, if not necessarily what everyone wanted.

There will always be people who are unhappy to have changes made to their favourite classes, but equally there were several people demanding changes, so it’s impossible to make everyone happy. I don’t think the changes will nerf anyone too significantly, and there will be buffs to certain characters because of the changes in the trait system that they just haven’t outlined.

Many of the classes people seem concerned about being nerfed are classes I see a lot of people complaining about being “easy mode” or too strong in other threads, so I think we’ll do best just to see what happens rather than predicting the worst at this point.