Anyone notice an increase in GW2 crashing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Uzzzi.1437

Uzzzi.1437

I have been seeing an increased number of crashes since Monday afternoon 11/26/12 but have not made any changes or updates to software recently. Before I start looking at my computer as the source I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this? Thanks for any help.

Posted by: Zoul.1087

Zoul.1087

Like blue screens while playing guild wars or just closing out?

Posted by: Opsfor.2814

Opsfor.2814

not for me. I used to crash alot, but recent patch works fine for me. I love to Alt-Tab alot (don’t have dual or more monitors), and tabbing alot will Crash the game for me. LOL.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I have been seeing an increased number of crashes since Monday afternoon 11/26/12 but have not made any changes or updates to software recently. Before I start looking at my computer as the source I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this? Thanks for any help.

Yes, it crashes at least once every session, and every time I log out. The next time it launches, it wants to verify the files, says they are OK, then crashes again.
I have already uninstalled it and reinstalled, and it crashed during the reinstall!
Seems extremely unstable.

Posted by: Uzzzi.1437

Uzzzi.1437

Its has been a mix of guild wars 2 just locking up (not responding in windows task manager) and severe crashes that bring up the gw2 dialog box asking you to describe what you were doing. (usually very far into a fractal)

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Experienced quite a lot of crashed lately here too. I also Alt Tab a lot

Posted by: Orb.1702

Orb.1702

Disconnect 58:11:5:504:101
Anyone else getting this during Fractals? Every time i enter the dungeon i get this stupid disconnect

I Orb Mine I Human Thief I FA I [Hope]

Posted by: matenzo.9518

matenzo.9518

I crash every time I exit a dungeon (it kicks me to the desktop and I get that send Anet a report popup). It doesn’t make my life too hard atm but it only recently started happening. It’s something I instantly noticed because it does it every single time I exit a dungeon. Since I’ve been running dungeons for I while it’s something I would have noticed if it were happening before the patch.

Oh well.

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I’ve had crashes every 2-4 hours since I started playing a month ago. Usually of the “Out of memory” variety. It usually happens when I am waypointing or gating to another location.

That being said, I’ve not noticed an increase in crashes in the last few days, nor have I ever been asked to verify my files after a crash happens.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I’ve never crashed once on Guild Wars 2 until the Lost Shores event. After we killed the mobs in Lions Arch, I moved locations via WP and crashed for the first time during loading. Since then I crash every so often in Fractals, which is REALLY annoying as it always happens on the 3rd one. Even my guild now is weary on inviting me to group.

I know it’s not my setup. I’m an IT major and I have what would be considered a “top of the line” computer setup. I ran diagnostics on my memory, CPU, Video card, and HDD with no real errors, so I’m pretty sure it’s not my end, but a software issue within Guild Wars itself.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

During last week’s WvW I experienced a significantly higher incidence of crashes. Some resulting in the dialog box error message asking do I wish to inform Arenanet that their game is broken, other times the game was just Not Responding.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Sinphul.3091

Sinphul.3091

I haven’t crashed but I have had a insane amount of lag and disconnects since the last patch. Every other game has been fine but GW has been about unplayable.

Posted by: GlockworK.2954

GlockworK.2954

What’s happening to mine is about an hour of gameplay my FPS drops to slideshow quality.

What I’ve noticed is that my GPU usage and power drop to near 0%. No other game have I head this happen with. I have to shut down my entire system or it gets locked up. I have rolled back my drivers at least three revisions. Still no dice.

I’ve tested this with two other GPU’s I have laying around (ATI 7870, Nvidia 560) and two other power supplies (600W, 850W) so I know it’s not just my components failing.

Seems like the last few patches broke something and now it has some memory leaks.

Pretty much can’t play GW2 until this is fixed.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s primarily been increasing when I’m in Overflows or extra-busy areas. Or if it’s been more than twelve hours since my last restart . . . given the power grid where I am has been not exactly stable I mostly have taken to turning my system off if I’m not intending to be back in an hour.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: KICKER.3874

KICKER.3874

It crashes if you change areas a lot.

They need to teach the game to clear RAM memory when you exit an area, but I`m not expecting it anytime soon given the amount of basic skills and traits bugs still in the game.

And YES it does happen A LOT more often lately, since the last big patch.

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

Its has been a mix of guild wars 2 just locking up (not responding in windows task manager) and severe crashes that bring up the gw2 dialog box asking you to describe what you were doing. (usually very far into a fractal)

I haven’t seen the gw2 dialogue box pop up, but I have had the game freeze up on me twice yesterday.

It happened during the same type of event, when I went through an Asuran gate, trying to travel to a new zone. I just got stuck at the loading screen.

It doesn’t feel like a problem to me yet, as it only happened yesterday and I never had a problem with the game in the months I ’ve been playing since it launched.