Anyone sort of want this to happen to GW2 PVE....

in Suggestions

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

….instead of having levels in this game, just absolutely scrap that (make the levels into skill-points; each lvl that players have already leveled counts as 50 SP or something, and every time player hit the 100% EXP on the EXP bar they just get that amount of SP ).

Now, revamp the entire PVE structure & divide each existing server into two worlds: one world for single player & the other for multiplayers (Coops & Dungeons), along with the following modes:

a) Simple Player Mode: Players can run through the zones by themselves without having to deal with others. All events are solo-able.

b) Coop Mode: Players get grouped into a party and do normal DEs together in the open world. The DE’s will be fit for the # of players & all events require the proper party members (so you can have anywhere from 4 to 15+ people, and the DE’s will adjust to those level). Note: This will also happen in the open world, but not in the same world as the Single-Player Mode.

c) EDIT* Dungeon Mode: Same thing as now. Except players can put their name on like a bulletin list showing the time they entered their name (so we don’t always get “your message has been suppressed by….”), or having it covered by spammers in the map chat.

Upon entering each town/settlement/camp/any type of base, players would be able to communicate with the nearest big city (Ie. Divinity’s reach, Lions arch, The Grove, etc.) & use the chat box to communicate with them/find party members (so you’ll say…. "I’m at xxx Fort, needing a member to do a nearby DE and so-on).

And the personal story will no longer occur in an instance, but will take place in the open world of the Singleplayer Mode.

Each Mode will have their own rewards, that ultimately gives coins to buy cosmetics.

-

I know this idea is a long-shot, but since the Lost Shore is coming out…. I think this is not too far off from what Anet is thinking; they’re quite similar to Anet’s idea of making new (Dungeon) Mode on new open-world zones.

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

in Suggestions

Posted by: KuiShanya.2645

KuiShanya.2645

better yet, this sounds like a very interesting idea for an mmo, though i doubt Anet would do this since the game is already made, make this into a new MMO.
about pirates

space pirates

space pirates with cannons.

and quaggan

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Gotta say, I disagree entirely.

I often play single player, but like that I run into other people on the map. It was one of the biggest issues I had with Guild Wars 1, I was always on my own and never met anyone. Fun game, but not social enough for me. I love how I can just run around and run into people, and rarely have to LFG for DE’s and quests. Of course that changes with dungeons, and I’d like a better LFG tool for that.

I also think that the leveling system in Guild Wars 2 is near perfect.

in Suggestions

FluffyDoe.7539

I often play single player, but like that I run into other people on the map. It was one of the biggest issues I had with Guild Wars 1, I was always on my own and never met anyone. Fun game, but not social enough for me. I love how I can just run around and run into people, and rarely have to LFG for DE’s and quests. Of course that changes with dungeons, and I’d like a better LFG tool for that.

Well. I ran into 4-5 guys today on my low level thief account… but each meeting it ended with us going on our separate ways. I mean, people were “curteous” to say hi and smile… but usually the socializing part just ends at that – “unless you guys want to get the same SP or DE or complete the same heart”. But most of the time our “progress are different” – so it ends up usually with people parting ways.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

better yet, this sounds like a very interesting idea for an mmo, though i doubt Anet would do this since the game is already made, make this into a new MMO.
about pirates

space pirates

space pirates with cannons.

and quaggan

I agree only thing I would change is that it NOT be made by Anet after this flop

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

splitting the community even further would be an awful idea. the game’s built around the concept of seamless cooperation, no player is ever a bother.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

FluffyDoe.7539

splitting the community even further would be an awful idea. the game’s built around the concept of seamless cooperation, no player is ever a bother.

Yah. I don’t think that was quite my idea – I just want people to have the “same progress point” so when they meet… they can just do stuff. The fun thing about Dungeon is that everyone is trying to accomplish a goal going through the same progress. People really understand that “everyone got their own stuff to do…. an encounter is just an encouter. People always move along”.

EDIT: Well dungeon gives that feeling of… “man, nice run guys”, while doing normal events with some stranger it always ends in… “well, I gotta do this & you gotta do that…. alright well, hope we see each other same day (mostly likely not)”.

If I had fun running dungeon with some guy (like AC EXP), I always friend the dude and in the future if I’m doing it again – it won’t be weird cuz he’ll rmbr that dungeon run, while a small encounter in the forest… mostly likely after a few days the we just forget about it. It’s doing stuff together for 1 hour vs 5 mins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Yah. I don’t think that was quite my idea – I just want people to have the “same progress point” so when they meet… they can just do stuff. The fun thing about Dungeon is that everyone is trying to accomplish a goal going through the same progress… and that’s really the only way possible if you want players to be able to “easily group up to work together”.

considering dungeons have a set level, i don’t see how putting players that are looking for dungeons in a separate server from people running around on general PvE would change anything.

people looking for dungeons will still be looking for dungeons at the front door, people minding their business will still mind their business.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I guess I just count as two people doing the same event as social enough.

In GW1 I was always 100% alone with NPC’s. Now I get happy to see that a player is not an NPC. I like how we work together naturally. Saying Hi/Thanks is not even necessary. I like it so much that sometimes I see someone fighting and run in to help, only then to find out that it was an NPC guard haha

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

I disagree, no levels=no buy, can’t say why, but i get very irritated, when games dont level you up level wise, Like FFXI it didnt use levels, it used something just like it…..BUT it was different.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

You are talking about a whole new game. Sorry, put the things you are looking for change, will remain.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

in Suggestions

FluffyDoe.7539

I disagree, no levels=no buy, can’t say why, but i get very irritated, when games dont level you up level wise, Like FFXI it didnt use levels, it used something just like it…..BUT it was different.

Hmmm… that’s an interesting opinion, cuz I’ve never played FFXI to know what it’s like.

I just know that when you hit lvl 80 in GW2, it is pretty much like having no level anywhere you go…except you have to get to 80 first, in order to feel that way. I mean, if the way you play shouldn’t change from lvl 0-80; then why do we even need levels? The only three things that are effected by being AT a higher level are “legendary items, dungeons, and zones”. Everything else are not effected by levels at all (ie. a Lv.1 player also have Hearts, DE, huge map to explore, SP challenges, personal stories, etc.).

in Suggestions

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

I like the idea of scrapping levels…since this whole game revolves around a horizontal gear progression idea..but not of segregating the game into single player/multi-player.

Skill points should be used to unlock skills (not utilities rolls eyes but skills you can then customize and use to build around, and traits that would (like GW1) enhance the chosen sets of skills. You shouldn’t build around sets of traits, but have traits be built around skills.

THAT would make things work more fluently, and allow 100’s of customizable builds that all classes/players would enjoy, and not pigeon-hole certain classes into 1 or 2 viable builds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Or…. you could just wait til they inevitably get around to balancing out problem classes, bug fixing traits and ya know…. develop the game in an ongoing manner like they’re supposed to.

Irony…. xD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

Well. I ran into 4-5 guys today on my low level thief account… but each meeting it ended with us going on our separate ways. I mean, people were “curteous” to say hi and smile… but usually the socializing part just ends at that – “unless you guys want to get the same SP or DE or complete the same heart”. But most of the time our “progress are different” – so it ends up usually with people parting ways.

If you make no obligation to group with people, then that’s your fault.

Why would you want to completely remove one of the most important aspects of this game? The co-op. Your suggestion at the top of the thread is to take the multiplayer co-op section of the game, and throw it out the window because you want a solo experience. That’s just stupid, this game is an MMO for a reason.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

I agree only thing I would change is that it NOT be made by Anet after this flop

This over 2 million copies sold flop eh?
This 5 star reviewed mistake?
This outselling MoP screw up?
jeez, you are right, this game flopped so bad it altered the fabric of time and made itself a commercial success.

OH WAIT!

Outsold MoP? You must be joking. According to statictics GW2 sold a little over 2mil in 2 weeks. MoP topped it by selling 2.7mil in ONE week.
Oh lets not forget that some of those “5” star reviews have been retracted such as Gamespys’ latest Guild Wars 2 article on the botting issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I would 100% oppose this idea. I have been in groups with other players before when we have two completely different stories. In fact, we were different races, and we did fine. We helped each other with each other’s stories, and we cleared areas. It wasn’t a big deal and we didn’t need to be on the same progression to party up.

Either way, I love how the open world is right now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

And yet here you are, still posting on the official forum of a flop of a game.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Suggestions

FluffyDoe.7539

Why would you want to completely remove one of the most important aspects of this game? The co-op. Your suggestion at the top of the thread is to take the multiplayer co-op section of the game, and throw it out the window because you want a solo experience. That’s just stupid, this game is an MMO for a reason.

You don’t obligate yourself to play with others, you play with others if you enjoy it, and don’t if you don’t enjoy it. Not that hard to get.

Also, the COOP mode is for players who likes find a party easily to do DEs in the open world. Since these DE’s repeat, theres no need for it to ever trigger with ppl not being there.

Also, the Singleplayer Mode does not ‘literally mean only one person can be on the map at a time’. It means that everything done only requires a person. Why? Well, because the current DEs are so badly scale right now to a point that it is only on the right difficult with two people, but with anymore than that it’s for babies. But it’s designed that soloing it is either impossible or takes some worthlessly long strategy to accomplish.

Yah…. you might as well split it – and that’s what my suggestion is about with there being Singleplayer & COOP Mode. They won’t ever get a perfect difficulty scale on DE’s if the DE’s themselves can’t adjust to the # of players in the events, but if you just split it to COOP & Singleplayer… you (Anet) do yourself a favor with the scaling.

Too bad GW2 will never have put any cool ideas like that, cuz they fear the casuals who prefers looking at things on short-term than long-term.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

You don’t obligate yourself to play with others, you play with others if you enjoy it, and don’t if you don’t enjoy it. Not that hard to get.

Also, the COOP mode is for players who likes find a party easily to do DEs in the open world. Since these DE’s repeat, they should only be triggered with ppl there… not when nobody is there. If you really don’t want to party, then running side by side really… it’s pointless. I RARELY see two people head to anywhere together, it’s always the DE’s that brings people together anyways. If you’re gonna sight-see, then you don’t need other players to sight-see with you; we’ve all seen plenty of GW2 art already.

You can easily enter “COOP mode” by asking someone in LA, “Hey. Anybody bored and want to do some map completion and help with story progression?” It’s really not that hard and actually… especially level 80s who feel there’s nothing left to do, people will probably respond.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly ? No , to all ideas on the OP post. They all seemed annoying.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

FluffyDoe.7539

Also, the COOP mode is for players who likes find a party easily to do DEs in the open world. Since these DE’s repeat, they should only be triggered with ppl there… not when nobody is there. If you really don’t want to party, then running side by side really… it’s pointless. I RARELY see two people head to anywhere together, it’s always the DE’s that brings people together anyways. If you’re gonna sight-see, then you don’t need other players to sight-see with you; we’ve all seen plenty of GW2 art already.

You can easily enter “COOP mode” by asking someone in LA, “Hey. Anybody bored and want to do some map completion and help with story progression?” It’s really not that hard and actually… especially level 80s who feel there’s nothing left to do, people will probably respond.

Boredom doesn’t motivates me to play video games… so I wouldn’t even ask people if they were bored to start with. I treat playing this game like a hobby, not like how an ex-girlfriend treats his ex-boyfriend*.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dedara.7064

Dedara.7064

I thought of scrapping the level system myself, just have skill points that you use to buy your skills with, and skills should be way expensive. Either that or have leveling and skill points separate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KuiShanya.2645

KuiShanya.2645

This over 2 million copies sold flop eh?
This 5 star reviewed mistake?
This outselling MoP screw up?
jeez, you are right, this game flopped so bad it altered the fabric of time and made itself a commercial success.

OH WAIT!

Outsold MoP? You must be joking. According to statictics GW2 sold a little over 2mil in 2 weeks. MoP topped it by selling 2.7mil in ONE week.
Oh lets not forget that some of those “5” star reviews have been retracted such as Gamespys’ latest Guild Wars 2 article on the botting issue.

hmm, i must have been fed some misinformation
but really, by “some reviews being retracted” you mean that one website made an one article that most people consider to be overzealous

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lemuria.3195

Lemuria.3195

FFXI has levels. 99 of them. FFXIV also has levels. 50 of them. Not sure where you were going with this argument, but every MMO I’ve played has levels to some extent. The only one which really got away with a minimalist approach to levelling up was the original Guild Wars, where the level cap was 20 and the way to enhance your character wasn’t necessarily through better gear but through careful placement of skill points and the acquisition of new skills via the Signet of Capture.

Personally, I’m rather happy with the level system in GW2. It’s a staple in many MMO’s because it works, so why fix what isn’t broken?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

So, let’s buy a game…and want to change it dramaticially? It’s like reading a manga or a book and wanting to re-write parts. I understand your ideas, but you should probably do a fan-fiction game design on it instead of using the suggestion forums. Not very viable.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division