Anything for the mobility nerf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

They have to berf other professions so revenant can be considered op and this is the way they can force ppl to buy expac

Bro, do you even revenant? His mobility outside of combat will be probably the same as guardian (need a target) just look at axe 4. Mobility in combat – hes supposed to be as mobile as thief out of combat from what we have read in one of the interviews, but just like guardian he wont be able to escape either.

Also generally guardian is supposed to be a bunker class. I think JI will be fine in combat, but this change most likely gonna kill sword unless they increase range to 900. Howered considering that guardian getting longbow (with pull!) and we dont know his new utilities as well i would w8 before saying that guardian is going to be a dead class. Patience ppl.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Guardians have what you pointed out, as well as a leap with GS. The cooldown for Retreat is shorter than an untraited Spectral Walk cooldown. JI and your sword teleport will STILL be useable; you’ll just have to be within range of your target.

So basically, to teleport anywhere you’ll have to ruin your stored by going into combat mode. Sounds like a great plan.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Necro – Spectral Walk/Fleshworm 1200

Spectral Walk is technically unlimited range, but the Necro has 8/12 seconds to cover the distance they will teleport.

Think of that skill more like a shorter duration, personal only, single-use Portal on its teleport.

I still remember when you could use spectral walk and then waypoint and then pop it again to end up in a loading screen to take you back to where you were. Easily the second best way to avoid a zerg, stealth is first.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Guardians have what you pointed out, as well as a leap with GS. The cooldown for Retreat is shorter than an untraited Spectral Walk cooldown. JI and your sword teleport will STILL be useable; you’ll just have to be within range of your target.

So basically, to teleport anywhere you’ll have to ruin your stored by going into combat mode. Sounds like a great plan.

There are two translations going around. One is that the player must be within range and the other where there must be LOS. I’m personally holding off until I see from Anet what they’re changing before I make any judgments.

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

There are two translations going around. One is that the player must be within range and the other where there must be LOS. I’m personally holding off until I see from Anet what they’re changing before I make any judgments.

Now it is official…

Guardian

Flashing Blade: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found.
Judge’s Intervention: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
Merciful Intervention: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Double nerf.

Not in range? no Teleport.

No flat terrain? no teleport.

Just tested it, and stairs, something that 98% of times worked as ‘shadow step area’, doesn’t work anymore, not even in PVE divinities reach.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Double nerf.

Not in range? no Teleport.

No flat terrain? no teleport.

Just tested it, and stairs, something that 98% of times worked as ‘shadow step area’, doesn’t work anymore, not even in PVE divinities reach.

People have tested JI and confirmed distance doesn’t impact whether it works or not. It can still be used as a gap closer to things outside its port range. This based on posts in the guardians forum.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I also tested JI and the sword 2 teleport. Both still work well out of range of the target.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Thank god for that, then. Disappointing though it would have been, I would have dropped my Guardian in favor of my Ranger if they couldn’t teleport to out of range stuff…

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Sure have a stability nerf whats next 5k hp?
i mean all top player teams use them so it must be op…

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

I don’t even play my Guard anymore, but these changes did surprise me. Well what actually surprised me is meanwhile they still ignore nike warriors ridiculous mobility.

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

Thieves are the ones getting screwed.

We have to use up a ability slot if we want to even come close to other professions in mobility when thieves are suppose to be the most mobile profession.

Warriors & Rangers only have to switch out to great sword to get 1200 charge /leap on a low CD with no target required. Warriors can also use leap on 1 hand sword. Warriors and Rangers don’t have to sacrifice any ability slots to have great mobility.

Fact is once again Rangers and Warriors come out on top while other professions get nerfed.

The mobility nerf is also a nerf to stealth since certain skills now won’t trigger stealth without a target.

Way to go Anet. Why didn’t Anet put the SAME limitations on Great sword and 1 handed sword for Warrior and Ranger? That way it equals the playing field as the current changes come off as unfair and biased.

It’s not ok to use combat ability’s to close or run from targets if your not within range….. UNLESS your a RANGER or WARRIOR. Thats what your telling us with this update.