April 1, 2017

April 1, 2017

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Hmmmm
What would be your guess for this years April 1st joke? I have loved everyone so far all the way back to the ones in GW1. So not sure what would be fun to do or play now. Maybe something the Aviator thing again? Maybe switch genders again? Maybe switch professions this time? How about stick figures again?

Here are the ones from past years for GW2
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/April_Fools'_Day

(edited by PyrateSilly.4710)

April 1, 2017

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

Ooh I really ,really loved the 2011 april fools joke; introducing the new commando class.
So what about giving us those armor and weapon skins for a day

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Did they even do one last year?

I’m thinking that they may not do one since some people were unable to take a joke in 2015 with the aviator one and even disappointedly tried to use a tragic plane crash to get it removed.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

I’m thinking that they may not do one since some people were unable to take a joke in 2015 with the aviator one and even disappointedly tried to use a tragic plane crash to get it removed.

Yeah, this basically. They obviously had zero intention to joke about it, kitten happens. It’ll prolly just be Super Adventure Box from now on.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Whatever it is, I hope it doesn’t take away my SAB time.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What Ayrilana said. Last year, we didn’t get a prank, which made me sad because I really enjoyed the pranks from the previous years. I don’t know why Anet didn’t do a prank, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was, indeed, because of the complaints from players who didn’t appreciate the pranks (even when one was able to turn off the effects). So, I hope we’ll get another prank this year, but I don’t think it’s likely. We’ll probably just get SAB as our April Fool’s thing from now on.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Don’t expect a prank after people made ANet publicly apologize for having an aviator prank a week after people died in an hijacked airplane crash on the other side of the world. SAB has taken its place.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yeah, this basically. They obviously had zero intention to joke about it, kitten happens. It’ll prolly just be Super Adventure Box from now on.

They might have decided that SAB is what we get on 1 April, not a joke (since too many of us don’t seem to get the joke).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

April 1, 2017

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here is the 38 page [Merged] English forum thread on April Fool 2015 with people complaining about April Fools and accusing ANet of insensitivity for not thinking of that plane crash. Once I read the complaints had made ANet go to the forums and apologize, I figured they would stop April Fools as there’s no way for them to know in advance what joke is going to blow up in their face.

ANet may give it to you.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Here is the 38 page [Merged] English forum thread on April Fool 2015 with people complaining about April Fools and accusing ANet of insensitivity for not thinking of that plane crash. Once I read the complaints had made ANet go to the forums and apologize, I figured they would stop April Fools as there’s no way for them to know in advance what joke is going to blow up in their face.

Or crash hard, amirite?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

April 1, 2017

Just a flesh wound.3589

Or crash hard, amirite?

How dare you joke around. Now I’m TRIGGERED! Aplogize!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

ANet may give it to you.

April 1, 2017

Endless Soul.5178

I remember this well, as it was my first GW2 April Fools. I really felt sorry for Anet and I really can’t blame them if they don’t feel like doing other April Fools pranks in the future.

At any rate, I think I’ll be happy with SAB happening in April from now on.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Or crash hard, amirite?

How dare you joke around. Now I’m TRIGGERED! Aplogize!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

I.. I’m sorry. I won’t do it again. Ever.
Guess I’ll reallocate jokes to the balance team. (..get it? ;3)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Wait, that was April Fools 2015?

I was sure it was Desert Borderlands.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

Last year we got those Patch notes as the prank? If im not mistaken warriors hit 100 blades 100 times per cast. :p

April 1, 2017

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The bublehead was hilarious…

I hope they make everyone with tiny hands this year.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

The bublehead was hilarious…

I hope they make everyone with tiny hands this year.

That would be SO appropriate!
:D

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

^That’s funny….

I do hope they’ll not let one year’s miscalculations prevent them from pranking us again. It’s not their fault that months of planning and programming was undone in one tragic event.

Ideas (even though it’s most likely too late to act on them):
1. Everyone has to wear pastel pink and yellow ruffly dresses
2. All weapons are turned into bananas and cause random tripping
3. All players are turned into minions from Despicable Me (yeah, I know, copyright infringement and all that.)
4. Everyone turned into moas
5. Everyone turned into roller beetles

Just a few things that I think would be funny….. Cheers!

Level 80 Elementalist

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I’m fine with any prank as long it doesn’t last a whole day. Quite boring to hear the same joke over and over irl too.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

I’m fine with any prank as long it doesn’t last a whole day. Quite boring to hear the same joke over and over irl too.

Let me guess, it should start when you log on and end when you decide you have had enough.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

hopefully and maybe anet will come up with something far more better this year besides SAB . or like the airplane mistake that happened . something that will be funny and add to the game as well . otherwise if its like the airplane thing or SAB i will not be playing at all during that time then

no new system upgrades coming

April 1, 2017

Just a flesh wound.3589

hopefully and maybe anet will come up with something far more better this year besides SAB . or like the airplane mistake that happened . something that will be funny and add to the game as well . otherwise if its like the airplane thing or SAB i will not be playing at all during that time then

Then I guess you won’t be playing during that time

Welcome to the Super Adventure festival
Super Adventure Box began with the idea of creating the greatest-ever April Fools’ Day joke within a game. ……. As a yearly festival, SAB will now be a dependable fixture in Tyria,

ANet may give it to you.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I don’t think the ‘airplane thing’ was a mistake. They had it planned long before any real life incidents happened and it was irrational to me for some to relate it as intentional to any recent things that occurred. There are always some who will take apples and oranges and try to turn them both into melons, lol… I thoroughly enjoyed the airplane animation – it was clever and well done. I also loved the bobble head – I laughed and laughed when I first logged in. Then I took lots of pictures for both events. Even now I look back at those days and chuckle.

I realize some just either don’t ‘get it’ or only want about a minute or two of the joke so they can get on with whatever it is that is their focus. As one day of the year to just get silly I would prefer that Anet continue to gift us with one day of crazy. SAB can be there too for folk who love that and want to get away from the crazy. I really want to be able to look forward each year to what Anet has up their sleeve for us on this one day. Goodness knows we need the laughs.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Hmmmm
What would be your guess for this years April 1st joke?

My guess is that they announce an expansion.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: pointaction.4639

pointaction.4639

Turn everyone into a Skritt.

That would be funny seeing people fighting as a tiny Skritt.

The Dragon Core [DC]

(edited by pointaction.4639)

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I not only thought the 2015 airplane event was funny, I also thought it was the most beautiful event I had ever seen during my online life.
2016 was quite shocking that they had listened to the mob and did basically nothing.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I recall them saying last year that in place of their panks they brought back the SAB festival. The airplane prank upset a lot of people so anet back peddled away from the pranks I think.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

April 1, 2017

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Yeah, I think the “Aviator backfire” was their sadly their last. April 1st pranks can be fun, but the hard thing about in game (or IRL) jokes is that timing has a big effect….not to mention the fact that what one finds funny, others may not.

Their best bet is not something that effects the characters directly but something we’d all still see….change the scenery, put a joke item in the Gem Store, put out a note in the Dev Update about a new 10th class that is obviously so silly it has to be a joke, or tell the us that Skritt will become a playable race, but won’t be smart enough to do skills unless you get at least five other friends to play Skritt too and hang out with you all the time (since Skritt are only smart in groups ~lol~) …. stuff like that.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I not only thought the 2015 airplane event was funny, I also thought it was the most beautiful event I had ever seen during my online life.
2016 was quite shocking that they had listened to the mob and did basically nothing.

I liked last year’s April Fool’s day joke. Considering that April 1st fell on the standard patch day, I do not think that it was due to the reception of the 2015 joke that caused them to do the fake patch notes.

I don’t think that all April Fool’s jokes have to be in game things, personally.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Yeah, I think the “Aviator backfire” was their sadly their last. April 1st pranks can be fun, but the hard thing about in game (or IRL) jokes is that timing has a big effect….not to mention the fact that what one finds funny, others may not.

Their best bet is not something that effects the characters directly but something we’d all still see….change the scenery, put a joke item in the Gem Store, put out a note in the Dev Update about a new 10th class that is obviously so silly it has to be a joke, or tell the us that Skritt will become a playable race, but won’t be smart enough to do skills unless you get at least five other friends to play Skritt too and hang out with you all the time (since Skritt are only smart in groups ~lol~) …. stuff like that.

That would be an awesome mechanic! Make them scale up like world champions, if you are in a zerg rush you would have all your skills, otherwise fewer people around means fewer skills. This fits so well with GW2 as a theme, both aesthetically with the Skritt and also on a meta level with the zerg based mechanics.

April 1, 2017

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Then I guess you won’t be playing during that time

Welcome to the Super Adventure festival
Super Adventure Box began with the idea of creating the greatest-ever April Fools’ Day joke within a game. ……. As a yearly festival, SAB will now be a dependable fixture in Tyria,

lol oh you think lol its not SAB itself that stops me . i can play around that easy . its the
other stuff that gets me . like the plane flying stuff . but will say the big heads thing ahh
ok i admit i got a small kick out of it

April 1, 2017

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I don’t think the ‘airplane thing’ was a mistake. They had it planned long before any real life incidents happened and it was irrational to me for some to relate it as intentional to any recent things that occurred. There are always some who will take apples and oranges and try to turn them both into melons, lol… I thoroughly enjoyed the airplane animation – it was clever and well done. I also loved the bobble head – I laughed and laughed when I first logged in. Then I took lots of pictures for both events. Even now I look back at those days and chuckle.

I realize some just either don’t ‘get it’ or only want about a minute or two of the joke so they can get on with whatever it is that is their focus. As one day of the year to just get silly I would prefer that Anet continue to gift us with one day of crazy. SAB can be there too for folk who love that and want to get away from the crazy. I really want to be able to look forward each year to what Anet has up their sleeve for us on this one day. Goodness knows we need the laughs.

i get what it is your saying here fully . and welp yeah we do need the laughs badly right
now .and for the plane thing yup it was planned before that happened .sadly to say its one of them things in this thing called life . for whatever its reason be it happens some
times in good ways most time not so much .and yes some like you fully enjoy it. and to a small point for me unless its something really super good then yes i want to move onto the next thing . unless it was something really good and kills me with on the floor am dieing here laughter . now if they could do that this year and do it so well yup

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Last year they had a set of patch notes that where just silly things I believe.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Everyone becoming a skritt and running around yelling, “Shiny!” would do it for me this year. Also have it in keeping with your character Norn sized skritt, asuran sized skritt etc.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

Meteor shower is back to normal.

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Legendary Grenth.3561

Legendary Grenth.3561

I’d like to see the maps become instanced…. I think that would be hilarious. Stop bots in they’re tracks and implement GW1 UI

April 1, 2017

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Hmmmm
What would be your guess for this years April 1st joke? I have loved everyone so far all the way back to the ones in GW1. So not sure what would be fun to do or play now. Maybe something the Aviator thing again? Maybe switch genders again? Maybe switch professions this time? How about stick figures again?

If I was ANET I wouldn’t do anything. Recall the aviator issue this community tried to create? It’s not worth the hassle.

Brought to you by the same community that complained about free shared inventory slots.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I’d like to see the maps become instanced…. I think that would be hilarious. Stop bots in they’re tracks and implement GW1 UI

Why? Just why? We have too many instances as it is. I much prefer parts of stories where someone can randomly start an event in the open world.

April 1, 2017

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

Why? Just why? We have too many instances as it is. I much prefer parts of stories where someone can randomly start an event in the open world.

Well since April 1 is the official trolling day it would be the right move going by your reaction

April 1, 2017

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

Hmmmm

If I was ANET I wouldn’t do anything. Recall the aviator issue this community tried to create? It’s not worth the hassle.

Brought to you by the same community that complained about free shared inventory slots.

complained about free shared inventory slots? did that really happen?

April 1, 2017

Endless Soul.5178

Hmmmm

Yes, it really happened. Sorry I can’t provide a link right now, I’m at work. (shhh!)

But I do remember that happening.

| Claara

April 1, 2017

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Hmmmm

Yes, it really happened. Sorry I can’t provide a link right now, I’m at work. (shhh!)

But I do remember that happening.

Chiefly because it was at the top and separate; no choice. Messed with the layout a bit (I just expanded my bag window) and fussed with the order for some. Then the options were added later to integrate and move it to the bottom as well and it died off.

Everyone becoming a skritt and running around yelling, “Shiny!” would do it for me this year. Also have it in keeping with your character Norn sized skritt, asuran sized skritt etc.

Having just redone the Ash Legion story; I’d like to see everyone be perma-invisible. No joke; just no-one can see anyone.

I would totally buy it as a gemstore gizmo afterwards (aethestically only, no WvW or PvP advantage, etc.).