April Fools' 2016

April Fools' 2016

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

For April first this year, ArenaNet should change ALL enemies on all maps, all instances, everywhere…

… to Pocket Raptors. Just for one day.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I like the cut of your jib, sir. Though as Pocket Raptors are supremely easy to mow down, the altered foes would have to keep their usual stats and attacks or we’ll have people bum rushing content and achieves. Which would then mean we’d just lose the necessary tells as to when some big attacks are coming …

Alas, I think this particular idea won’t work. But Pocket Raptors should definitely be utilized in some way. You can never have too much -t-r-e-a-s-u-r-e- Pocket Raptorness!

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Legendary pocket raptors only.

Let the flow of tears drown out the sounds of salt.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I just hope that whatever they do, people don’t overreact like last year.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I think for this year joke Anet should change every character race and make them wear cape just for day.

And year before.

;)

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Part of the fun of April Fool’s Day for me (now) is seeing just how bent out of shape some people get about the pranks. “I’m boycotting Anet until my head isn’t giant anymore!” “Omg anet, you made my screen go sepia tone and made my charcter make airplane noises! I’m serious disappointed in youuuu!”

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Even though it would clip and look so broken, I think it would be awesome if they just reversed the animation for jumping, where the arc would actually go downward then up. It would hurt so many brains. Hehe.

Raptor mobs are OK too, but if they were gonna do something like that, I’d rather see all non-boss enemies to look like Destiny’s Edge 1&2.0.

Neither will ever happen though. Tiny dinos is good too.

April Fools' 2016

Tman.6349

Part of the fun of April Fool’s Day for me (now) is seeing just how bent out of shape some people get about the pranks. “I’m boycotting Anet until my head isn’t giant anymore!” “Omg anet, you made my screen go sepia tone and made my charcter make airplane noises! I’m serious disappointed in youuuu!”

Refer to my my ‘reverse the jumping animation arc’ idea! ^^
Could you imagine the rage? Hehe

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

No I got a good one: Make all characters speak Canthan or Elonian. If only Anet’s lore team actually made the full languages.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

April Fools' 2016

Tman.6349

No I got a good one: Make all characters speak Canthan or Elonian. If only Anet’s lore team actually made the full languages.

So that’s not really a ‘good one’ then?

April Fools' 2016

Yumiko Ishida.3769

You know they once promised to do that. Maybe one day we’ll have Tolkien level fictional languages in a GW game.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They should turn all NPC’s and characters into GW1 models. Or just turn us all into kappa.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Bring the Dervish and Ritualist to the game for one day, and have all the chars randomly assigned to one or the other.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

April Fools' 2016

Tman.6349

You know they once promised to do that. Maybe one day we’ll have Tolkien level fictional languages in a GW game.

2hen did they ever state anything about GW2 being conveyed in a made up language that’s not even complete?

April Fools' 2016

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I remember where exactly, but it was in GW 1 days it was a small thing in the Languages of Tyria page or whatever that page was with all the written and spoken stuff we had.

All we got now is New Krytan out of all this, and just characters speaking in whatever real world localization for dialogue out of convenience.

I do want to see something like in GW 1 that as really trolly like, stick figures or something like Gwen-chan again.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Anets perfect april fool 2016:

Gaile probably goes to the forums and writes some thing like:
‘SAB is coming soon, nothing is off the table!’

Ingame the SAB icon appears in rata sum and noone can enter it, but you can exchange your endless coin for a green bag that has a bag inside with another bag inside and so on.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

There will be no april fools thing, they are too busy prepping the WvW overhaul for an April 1st release.

… wait a second…

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

There will be no april fools thing, they are too busy prepping the WvW overhaul for an April 1st release.

… wait a second…

lol

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Randomised character appearance in town clothes for every major city.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Part of the fun of April Fool’s Day for me (now) is seeing just how bent out of shape some people get about the pranks.

Agreed.

In fact, ANet: if you don’t annoy a lot of people this year, I’m boycotting the game until April Fool’s is over.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

We loved the bobblehead one but I have a friend who can’t view the sepia tone because it gives them migraines.

I’d like to see cel-shading this year mainly because I’d buy that later in a heartbeat.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

They should make a game-wide announcement of the Crystal Desert being open to players, with a WP attached. When you get to that WP, there’s a DE to open the gates to the desert… and it’s stuck.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I have inside information that they will add a new raid wing on April 1st with a giant Sloth as the raid boss.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I miss the fake patch notes from GW1. They caused so much anger, even when there wasn’t actually an update that day.

That and the Commando preview. Mainly because I read the announcement then went to Embark Beach to watch all the people asking where the helicopter was. I couldn’t quite believe it when there actually was a helicopter.

I’d love it if they did something along those lines again.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Put capes on everyone, remove them the next day and never put them back.

OK, that would be really extremly awesome!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

The long promised and supposed to be in HOT launch WVW update addressing core game mode issues will be launched on April the 1st 2016 !!!

Now thats an April Fool’s joke !!!!!!

And to boot, I found this here video on another post, great to go with it ! Its a real classic !!!

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Super Adventure Box part 3!

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Just for 1 day… I think ppl would riot… HARD!

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Spawn those mobile ghost hounds that 2 hit people (1 into downed state, 1 more to kill) from SW (underground nightmare chest thing) and have them run through Lion’s Arch. MOWING DOWN THE HELPLESS PLAYERS AS THEY GO ABOUT their whole “La is a safe space where i can afk and eat flowers and play with ma friends in peace” DAY.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

April Fools 2016

SAB is coming back! Soon!

Not really… April Fools!

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Anet staff should make WvW raid and jump from server to server on dev accounts with invulnerable buff and steamroll everything

that would be fun
especially the outrage of kitten players the day after

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

For April first this year, ArenaNet should change ALL enemies on all maps, all instances, everywhere…

… to Pocket Raptors. Just for one day.

Incredible idea!

And make them explode with confetti on death with a crazy party pop sound.

Honestly, some of my best moments in HoT have been the various (and hiliarious!) altercations with little packs of Pocket Raptors.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

For this years event I would like to see something like the OP suggested, however I doubt that Anet will do anything that alters the actual gameplay which is a shame if that is the case. Something I would like to see though is all friendly npc characters in cities and anywhere in the world really turn hostile and quite powerful so that zergs of people do not kill them instantly and they all just run around trying to kill the nearest player. I would love to see all the crafters/merchants in LA start trying to kill all the afk players near them, lol.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Add 8 old WOW style maps to the game.
Gigantic, empty, boring maps full of rocks, sand and nothing.
The rumor says that somewhere in the maps there is a single rock that you can activate to win a exclusive legendary, but all player characters become “hostile” when near.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

OMG, I can’t wait either. GW2 has provided some amazing April Fool’s Day pranks. Its just sad though (or amusing depending on your bent) the way some people constantly overreact at having a video game altered for just one day.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Could turn it into every other mmo for a day. All mobs below your level are white, all mobs 1 level above are champs. Every mob your level is regular old mob. Infinite spawns for some reason right outside the city gates.

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Part of the fun of April Fool’s Day for me (now) is seeing just how bent out of shape some people get about the pranks.

Agreed.

In fact, ANet: if you don’t annoy a lot of people this year, I’m boycotting the game until April Fool’s is over.

Agree

April Fools' 2016

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

I love bobblehead.

I spend a good part of my day, everyday bobbled. I drop a bobblehead lab at every event I visit. I’m told my bobblehead laboratory is good. People appreciate my bobblehead lab and much chugging is done.

Best toy ever.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..