in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

“so much fun”
“amazing”
“hilarious”

Some people are very easily amused.

I guess the saying is true after all `simple minds, simple pleasures.´

Compared to last year with SAB, this years prank is quite pathetic perhaps even lazy.

There’s no need for you to insult others because they find a one-day april fool’s joke amusing, just because you didn’t like it. The more things you can find to laugh about in life, the more fun you’ll have. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, if they had spent more time on a one-day event like this, imagine the kittenstorm! “You should fix the game instead!” “Give us new permanent content instead!” is what I imagine would be the response. Also, I never thought that the SAB was an april fool’s joke, I can’t remember it being marketed as such.

So if you don’t like this, log out today, come back tomorrow instead, let the “simple-minded” have their fun for today and don’t go to the forums and insult people with other tastes.

April Fools: Bobble Heads

Posted by: MysticMogul.1062

MysticMogul.1062

Heads are where a character’s personality comes through. It was designed as a joke, but the step away from photorealism gives gw2 a more striking visual aesthetic and brings across individual character more clearly. Serious faces glower more, cute faces glow, char loom over the scene with enormous, imposing maws. Dungeons have become easier—when a bandit boss and six of his minions come running towards you, their identical outfits normally make them visually interchangeable. But by emphasizing the unique parts of their design, we can clearly see six normal bandits and one leering, unique bandit among them—play has improved, and everyone in the game has more identity.

In a perfect world, bighead would persist, without the bobble and maybe with char and wyrms scaled back a little because they’re more head that most of us are.

But since we don’t live in the best of all possible worlds, let me ask, no, beg; please sell me a bobblehead checkbox. I don’t ever want to go back, and my skull facepaint necromancer in his fine turquoise silken robes has never looked better. I will pay money.

Attachments:

Posted by: HyoJu.5648

HyoJu.5648

it makes me feel sick.. headache,,it is seriously tortured to me. why they dont give us a “off option”

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Next time you do something like this, include a toggle switch to turn it off.

Zelendel

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I feel sad for you that you can’t find enjoyment in the little things, you must lead a very dreary life indeed.

You think I have a dreary life because a dumb bobblehead does not make me grin ear to ear? I think you need to get out more if a bobbehead makes your day.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Posted by: Ickorus.4518

Ickorus.4518

YESS!!! Thank you so much A-Net! Loving the tears of all these people who are crying that can’t take a joke. They are truly the fools.

This is not a joke is an unplayable game sorry but i didn’t got the joke here with a head that cover all screen.

Yes, it’s totally unplayable.

So unplayable that I’ve been playing it all day.

Guild: Afterlife [AFTL] (Piken Square)

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

It’s not working for me at all. Tried relogging countless times, and nothing… What a tease =/

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Teehee so cute

Attachments:

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

On the other hand, this really reminds me of how we need longer/bigger hair. Not with these proportions of course.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I feel sad for you that you can’t find enjoyment in the little things, you must lead a very dreary life indeed.

You think I have a dreary life because dumb bobblehead does not make me grin ear to ear? I think you need to get out more if a bobbehead makes your day.

No – I get enjoyment out of the little things. They are often overlooked but can put a smile on your face.

“Life is too important to take seriously.” Corky Siegel

“A sense of humor helps us to get through the dull times, cope with the difficult times, enjoy the good times and manage the scary times.” Steve Goodier

“Everyone has a sense of humor. If you don’t laugh at jokes, you probably laugh at opinions.” Criss Jami

Ickorus.4518

You think I have a dreary life because dumb bobblehead does not make me grin ear to ear? I think you need to get out more if a bobbehead makes your day.

Friend, you’re the one coming on to the forum to whine about it.

And the bobblehead head didn’t make my day, it just brightened it a bit.

Ickorus.4518

It’s not working for me at all. Tried relogging countless times, and nothing… What a tease =/

Have you tried moving to a different area? Some people report that working.

Posted by: Errannar.8263

Errannar.8263

Thank you, ANet!

I loved it. I explored the world, saw all the creatures and laughed so much that my sides still hurt. I really needed a good laugh.

I’ll actually be sad to see it go, so I’m hoping we can one day have a bobblehead tonic or something else to trigger this.

“I like going on adventures, helping my friends and watching things burn.”
~ Spring Flow, Sylvari Guardian

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Scarlette and Scarlet

Attachments:

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Rhorge.1029

Rhorge.1029

Comedians are funny. People failing are funny. Fat obnoxious heads that jiggle around like cow udders can also be funny but not when we’re forced to see them no matter where we look for the whole day. It’s like listening to the same comedian telling the same joke in a loop for 24 hours whenever I turn on my TV…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Comedians are funny. People failing are funny. Fat obnoxious heads that jiggle around like cow udders can also be funny but not when we’re forced to see them no matter where we look for the whole day. It’s like listening to the same comedian telling the same joke in a loop for 24 hours whenever I turn on my TV…

So if it bothers you that much, turn off your ‘TV’ and check back tomorrow. Problem solved.

The Burninator

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I don’t know. I tried to think of it this way… suppose I’m on a one day vacation today and my ONLY plan for the entire day was to play GW2 (this isn’t far from what I will actually be doing on my vacation soon). Would I be upset about the fact that my only day to play all day, I was “forced” to play as a bobble head?

My answer is no. I would continue to do everything I currently do, only I would probably be smiling all day I might even explore a little more just to see the effects on different creatures.

I wish I was home now to enjoy it. It is so fleeting….

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’d pay 4000 gems for an everlasting bobblehead tonic which can be used in combat (like how it is right now).

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

I don’t know if this was part of April fools or a bug but I had an archer up a tree

Attachments:

Posted by: Rhorge.1029

Rhorge.1029

So if it bothers you that much, turn off your ‘TV’ and check back tomorrow. Problem solved.

And who said it was on in the first place? I’m here to give feedback on the “event” and if you don’t like that feel free to close your browser.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I haven’t been able to see the bobble heads. I logged in and everything looked normal.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I haven’t been able to see the bobble heads. I logged in and everything looked normal.

log out then log back in. This seems to switch up the bobble head mode.

Posted by: Sgloomi.4103

Sgloomi.4103

Just to reiterate the basic point that the Haters seem to have missed:

If I had a checkbox, or whatever, that meant I’d never have to see another kitten Bobblehead again, I’d check it. How would that affect YOU? It’s not like YOU wouldn’t still see em.

At most, you’d simply have the knowledge that someone’s life, somewhere, is a bit better than worse – and to take offense at that is hardly a moral standpoint from which to come.

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

Can we please have this last for a week or so? I want to make videos and screenshots of PvP and World Bosses and Personal Story Bosses and NPCs

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

And who said it was on in the first place? I’m here to give feedback on the “event” and if you don’t like that feel free to close your browser.

Oh I don’t mind reading feedback but I just find all the QQing over having an oversized head for a day funny. In your example you compared it to having the same joke on TV every time you turned it on. I don’t know about you but when I see something on TV I don’t like I turn it off or change the channel and move on. If it bothers you that much change the ‘channel’ for the day, go do something else. Before you know it, the bobblehead issue will be over. Or you can post here about how the April 1 prank has ruined everything and ruined your day. My browser will remain open because all the crying about this and how bobbleheads for one day destroyed GW2 is funny. It is almost an added part of the prank.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Anyone check Bobblehead Zhaitan?

Posted by: Joopy.6547

Joopy.6547

My expression when I opened Guild Wars 2 today…

Reminded me of….

Attachments:

Sindarian Vagrants [Rune]
Covenant of the First Flame [Soul]

Posted by: SirMorgenStar.6721

SirMorgenStar.6721

“so much fun”
“amazing”
“hilarious”

Bah, humbug!

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

how much longer is the bobblehead thing gonna go on for?
i understand that some people like it,
i laughed for awhile but got bored and am looking forward to normal looks again.

Here (it’s 22:13) everything’s back to normal already (I did see big heads about one hour ago). I guess it depends on a time zone.

lucky, its 23:10 here and its still active, some people have said they’ve relogged and its gotten rid of it, but it won’t work for me >_<

“you WILL laugh at our joke, even if we have to force you too!”
its just gotten stale Anet.
was a little funny on first log in, but got boring real fast, hours later i just want it GONE.

Posted by: Ayodhya.6051

Ayodhya.6051

I agree that it would have been good to have the option to turn if off.

If the head did not wobble I would not mind in the least.

The wobbling head is really hard for me to look at, so I be one of those who does not play today.

No big deal, since it is only temporary.

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

My silly necro…

Attachments:

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Posted by: crabzo.5694

crabzo.5694

……WOW, I need go HOme to play

Life is what you make it

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

First of all, I do understand perfectly about those who have real physical problems with the bobble heads. I do not have motion sickness, epilepsy, or massive headaches because of visual stimuli, however to this day I cannot spend more that about 3 minutes inside of SAB without being horribly ill. Too bad, too, because it looks terribly fun. I feel for you.

Having said that, it seems to me both in-game and here in the forums, the majority are enjoying ANet’s little side trip into Silly Land.

The thing is that especially in the US, most everyone knows that April 1 is a day for pranks, hi-jinks, and silliness. If you have been around the folks at ANet for any length of time, then you also know they do stuff like this EVERY YEAR. If you weren’t ready for something like this to happen, then it’s not their fault.

Enjoy it or not, it’s up to you.

Tomorrow it will be over, and you can be happy doing your serious business.

Aside to ANet: Thank you for the fun. I had a blast! Can’t wait to see what you do next year

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: SilverSteele.6519

SilverSteele.6519

Me and my little hippo :B

Attachments:

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Pretty much what was going through my head all day in WvW….

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

I had a good amount of fun with it on my characters today.

Attachments:

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Ahahahah this heads are SO cool!
All the animals look way too cute with them!

Any chance we can get this like….. A check box in our graphic options?? =DDDDD

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Moar bobbleheads!

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: ragnarokkr.2987

ragnarokkr.2987

Epic <G> The bobbleheads remind me of the “everyone is Gwen-chan” in GW1. Kudos for another awesome April Fools day in my favorite world.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Nodding my head in appreciation and wondering how some can still manage to fit their head up their kitten.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Ready, set … go!

Attachments:

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Morgause.9625

Morgause.9625

Sooo, why doesn’t my game give everything bobbleheads?

I envy you!

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

Pretty much what was going through my head all day in WvW….

Thanks for this video. It shows how broken this is.
Some ppl call it good prank, i call it bad design or laziness. Probably took ANet few minutes to change one or two parameters in game code. Might as well not bother at all to do anything for April Fool’s Day.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Ok we need an everlasting bobble head tonic

Posted by: Azure Moonfire.7493

Azure Moonfire.7493

Having said that, it seems to me both in-game and here in the forums, the majority are enjoying ANet’s little side trip into Silly Land.

That’s honestly great, and I’m glad those people are enjoying it.

I myself enjoyed it for a bit, and had a good laugh, but I’d like an option to toggle it off now. Let those who like it leave it on and those who don’t turn it off….

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

That’s honestly great, and I’m glad those people are enjoying it.

I myself enjoyed it for a bit, and had a good laugh, but I’d like an option to toggle it off now. Let those who like it leave it on and those who don’t turn it off….

We’re about 40 minutes away til daily reset. Afterwards, I believe they’ll be gone, so bear with it for a little longer.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Regenesis.1798

Regenesis.1798

Ok we need an everlasting bobble head tonic

I would love this. This just “feels” so right even though it looks so wrong.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I enjoyed it <3 Had fun taking some ridiculous screenshots even if I had limited time to play today.

Posted by: What.5743

What.5743

Lame joke, unimaginative, not funny, and took the least amount of effort to implement. If I wanted an MMO to look like this I would be playing one that had Pandas in it. I wish I could disable it, since I can’t, I just won’t play.

Ciao

Ciao! Have fun being a negative nancy!

<3 Bobble-Heads! Funniest thing to hit the GW2 community.

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

“so much fun”
“amazing”
“hilarious”

Compared to last year with SAB, this years prank is quite pathetic perhaps even lazy.

Got news for you. Alot of people don’t like SAB. SAB not only makes me nauseous I have ZERO interest in reliving how games used to be. I think its overrated and would rather see the resources used on other game elements.